Can vaporizers release substances from "adulterated" herb?

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Just wondering if you had sketchy herb would vaporizing it be safer than smoking it or do you think the vapour would contain contaminants assuming the herb was adulterated with something

TwztedVaper,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
simply depends on the vaporization temperature of the adulterant. it could be much higher than 380°F, and only released in a joint, or maybe not.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: OF

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
There's also the possibility that burning could destroy the adulterant, while vaping would release it...
but without knowing the adulterant... :shrug:
Also at higher temps... more chemical reactions occur and more elements are released.. So.. i would still bet on vaping to be safer..
Also have in mind that in joint ... vaporization also occurs.. Isnt the damn hot smoke coming trough the cone vaporizing the herbs in the end and in the middle.. at least some of them..
So you will be doubling your chances of poisoning no matter what the adulterant is..

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

dequelo

Plant Abuser
was reading a thread on TC about Neem oil sprayed on bud during flower

they said you could still taste it even after it was run into BHO and hit off a pad

"Avoid sketchy herb"

appears to be the way to go

all the best and be safe

Dequelo

dequelo,
Reactions: OF

Zookeeper

I've learnt to pick up on adulterants by look and smell fairly easy ( seemed to happen after doing shrooms for the first time), you can just tell whats not natural.. Avoiding them is the best option. weighted weed or weed that wasnt cropped out right doesnt vape very good either. I've smoked some shady weeds that I knew was sprayed/not flushed, seems like its almost better to burn it all together than release each ingredient by itself honestly.

Zookeeper,
Top Bottom