Can THC compromise a blood test? (not drug test)

gb902

Vaporog
Hi all, this is the 3rd week of my t-break and now I can finally take some bud.
I have to do a blood test (because of an allergy), and I am wondering if I vape now (a few days before the test), the THC will compromise the test results, and change some values.
If there is any risk I would wait a little more, this is an important test for me so I don't want to mess it up.
Thanks

gb902,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Well the way I see it, given the importance of the test, if you have any doubt about something. . . don't do it. It is only a few extra days of Tbreak.
For all you know there may be a few chemicals in the MJ that you may be allergic to that will throw off the test.

DevoTheStrange,

MG23

Relaxin'
gb902 said:
Hi all, this is the 3rd week of my t-break and now I can finally take some bud.
I have to do a blood test (because of an allergy), and I am wondering if I vape now (a few days before the test), the THC will compromise the test results, and change some values.
If there is any risk I would wait a little more, this is an important test for me so I don't want to mess it up.
Thanks

I sure hope it doesn't affect it because I'm taking a blood test soon also and I don't even plan on stopping. :p

I hope someone can definitively answer yes or no though, if it would be a problem I would be willing to stop until then. I can't imagine it would be a problem though.

MG23,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ive had several blood tests done in the past year. Most of were from my primary doc and one was for an insurance policy. Neither of which I changed my habits.
Neither appeared to have any relevancy to my tests.

AGBeer,

MG23

Relaxin'
If THC could skew blood test results I'm sure they would ask if you use marijuana in particular.

MG23,

max

Out to lunch
MattyGTwenty3 said:
If THC could skew blood test results I'm sure they would ask if you use marijuana in particular.
And if they don't ask, I wouldn't worry about it. THC won't show up in an allergy test. They have to test specifically for it.

max,

gb902

Vaporog
max said:
MattyGTwenty3 said:
And if they don't ask, I wouldn't worry about it. THC won't show up in an allergy test. They have to test specifically for it.

Yes I know, but I don't care if the THC will be found in the blood (just because there is a specific test for it), I am wondering just if it can mess up some values and/or falsify the result, for example changing the blood pH, IgE or even other things like magnesium, etc...

gb902,

MG23

Relaxin'
gb902 said:
max said:
MattyGTwenty3 said:

Yes I know, but I don't care if the THC will be found in the blood (just because there is a specific test for it), I am wondering just if it can mess up some values and/or falsify the result, for example changing the blood pH, IgE or even other things like magnesium, etc...

I meant exactly that. I wasn't talking about finding THC I was talking about messing up (skew) the results. :)
If it could falsify the results they would more than likely ask specifically. (I am in no way a medical professional so don't take this as fact.)

MG23,
Top Bottom