Can Synthetic Cannabinoids (JWH-018) Affect Cannabinoid Receptors?

gettin lifted

psychonaut
so here is my story and i hope everyone can help me.

i recently had to stop using cannabis for my annual drug test at work. (same day each year) i quit for exactly 35 days and passed with no issues.

durring that time i was using jwh-018 blends to get high. which was somewhat an okay experience but deff not like my beautiful marijuana.

after my drug test was over i quit using the jwh and bought a bag of some really nice looking chronic.

i was really excited to get high on weed again and thought i would be skyhigh because the thc was completely out of my system.

i vaped a bowl in the surfer... nothing. busted out the iolite and then nothing. decided to top it off with just a few bong rips and still nothing?

i have since learned that jwh has a cross tolerance to thc and obviously using it almost everyday like i did for a month shattered my thc tolerance.

i thought this was the issue. then i waited another 10 days. (surely the jwh would have been gone by then as it is water soluble.)

bought another bag of really nice buds and still the only effect i can get from it is a heavy eye feeling and then thats it!

someone please help me out.

im starting to trip myself out over this.

thanks

Modnote: Thread title edited.

gettin lifted,

Nycdeisel

hmmm....very interesting...I dont know much about JWH.

I would continue your break from BOTH the synthetic and botanical cannabis for a bit, and do as much cardiovascular exercising and you can(running, bike riding, etc).

Sorry I cant help you further, however I will check up on this thread to see what others have to say about this as now Im fascinated by your conundrum.

Nycdeisel,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
according to the wikipedia, JWH "is an analgesic chemical from the naphthoylindole family, which acts as a full agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors" so your receptors are still being stimulated which might explain your tolerance?

aesthyrian,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
its been over 10 days since i haven't used jwh though. you would think that since jwh is water soluble then my body would have pushed it out of me by now. i drink probably a gallon of water a day. which is mainly because it goes back to my weightlifting/wrestling days in highschool.

thanks guys.

if anyone knows how i can get it to stop blocking/stimulating my receptors that would be great.

gettin lifted,

OO

Technical Skeptical
interesting.

this is the first time i've heard of anything like this, i wonder if research will ever be funded to find out why this would happen.

OO,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
OO said:
interesting.

this is the first time i've heard of anything like this, i wonder if research will ever be funded to find out why this would happen.

on a different forum a man claims almost the same thing. it seems to be that jwh is much much much more potent then weed.

whats truely sad is before i stopped vaping for that month and started smoking this bull crap, a .25g of decent weed would really get me where i wanted to be.

the fact that jwh drove my tolerance through the roof is down right astonishing.

gettin lifted,

max

Out to lunch
aesthyrian said:
according to the wikipedia, JWH "is an analgesic chemical from the naphthoylindole family, which acts as a full agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors" so your receptors are still being stimulated which might explain your tolerance?
I've never read anywhere, including wikipedia, that jwh has that kind of lifespan. Full, vs. partial agonist, just means the user MAY have more intense effects (not necessarily good ones) than with mj. I have read that it's easier to get a tolerance for jwh, vs. mj.

gettin lifted said:
if anyone knows how i can get it to stop blocking/stimulating my receptors that would be great.
All I can tell you is that if what you're experiencing is due to your use of jwh, it's not common. If it had this effect with even a small percentage of users, I think we'd have known about it by now.

Good luck with your problem. I'd take Nycdeisel's advice and take a good break from both substances.

As an aside, don't be surprised if one of these days your workplace starts testing for jwh as well as mj. The testing methods for it are already in use by law enforcement.

max,

OO

Technical Skeptical
gettin lifted said:
OO said:
interesting.

on a different forum a man claims almost the same thing. it seems to be that jwh is much much much more potent then weed.

whats truely sad is before i stopped vaping for that month and started smoking this bull crap, a .25g of decent weed would really get me where i wanted to be.

the fact that jwh drove my tolerance through the roof is down right astonishing.
you're making the assumption that your tolerance has increased, but that may not be the truth, there may be other things at work, as it is a relatively new drug that has yet to undergo extensive research (there is doubt that research may ever occur).

my largest concern is that states are adding to an evergrowing list of contraband, which i believe is silly.

but that is a matter of opinion.

as for your situation, document your experience as much as possible, as there is no funding for a case study for someone in your situation.

i will ask around though to see if any similar experiences have happened to anyone i come into contact with who has tried jwh.

document your findings and please report back with any changes.

OO,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
i have done a little personal research on these and am NOT at all surprised. I think they have definite cross tolerance, i think almost any substances working on the same receptors would share tolerance (like different types of opiates or different types of psychedelics). sorry for not a ton of insight.

Not sure it'll help a ton, but clean living for a while probably wouldn't hurt.

rabblerouser,

420izzle

I also vaped jwh for a couple months because of perceived lack of mj availability. I found that I could not use it like I do cannabis...which is on a daily basis. I basically had a nervous breakdown. But when I finally got some herb, I still got vaped pretty good. So that is to say that I did not experience the same issues you're having.

While I don't like jwh personally, I agree with OO that it should not be made illegal.

From my reading, I see that JWH-018 will probably interact with the metabolism of other drugs. Your enzymes are responsible for metabolizing the jwh you put in your body, so if you've got too much of any particular drug in your system (ie jwh), then other drugs that are also metabolized by these enzymes (ie alcohol) may compete for these enzymes and so hang around in your system for longer.

420izzle,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
im layin off until monday. its my next day off and i better be able to get where i want to be with cannabis or im gonna go see a doctor. sucks i got to work on thanksgiving. hurry up monday.

gettin lifted,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
i woke up this morning with a serious headache. i didnt have any herbs on hand because i was trying to make it a full week without use of anything. i took the wand off my ssv and cleaned it with some 151 rum and a wooden bbq skewer. strained that off and drank it. (only sat in the alcohal for 20 mins tops)

let me tell you... i dont know if it was all the cannabinoids that hit but i was gone. i mixed it with some pepsi and drank it down and within 45 mins i was snoring on the couch for 3 hours.

now i don't know if this was from a heavy cannabinoid load or from leftover thc. you would think there wouldn't be much thc that got stuck and if it did you'd think the hot air would get it the next use.

well either way i got a super sleepy and giggly effect from it.

it has me so amped that i believe when i get off work tonight im gonna pick up a baggy and keep my mind right and go for it.

ill keep everyone up to date.

gettin lifted,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
i just picked up 1/8th of buds. they are completely purple but the leaves are green. its nice and crystally. getting ready to hit the ssv and we'll see if i can get high finally.

ill be back to let you know how it goes.

gettin lifted,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
so i vaped a good bit last night and my head was deff up but i didn't have the same feeling as im used to. im thinking now that im expecting too much from weed. jwh really is much stronger and its effects are much stronger.

its just my weed high doesnt feel the same as i remember. i still feel like im barely buzzed at all.

gettin lifted,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
gettin lifted said:
so i vaped a good bit last night and my head was deff up but i didn't have the same feeling as im used to. im thinking now that im expecting too much from weed. jwh really is much stronger and its effects are much stronger.

its just my weed high doesnt feel the same as i remember. i still feel like im barely buzzed at all.

I think that's what a lot of it is, the jwh is arguably stronger than bho, and all bho for a month could ruin you for vaping too.

rabblerouser,

djonkoman

read an article about weed-tolerance a while ago wich said since JWH-018 is a full antagonist it even builds tolerance a lot faster
but tolerance still puzzles me, my tolerance jumps up and down, sometimes I can't get really high for a day, then the next day I get superhigh from only a little

djonkoman,

momatik

djonkoman said:
read an article about weed-tolerance a while ago wich said since JWH-018 is a full antagonist it even builds tolerance a lot faster
but tolerance still puzzles me, my tolerance jumps up and down, sometimes I can't get really high for a day, then the next day I get superhigh from only a little

If you don't wait long enough your tolerance builds back very quickly.

So let's say you are a daily user for a number of years, and you take a 5 day break. The next time you are reintroduced to cannabis, you're tolerance will feel very low and you should have a stronger high. However, your tolerance will quickly build back to what it once was.

At least that's how I have it understood.

But, back to the topic:

If JWH-018 affected cannabinoid receptors, then wouldn't we people exhibiting OPs increased tolerance more often? If it binds to the same receptors, then it explains the similarities in effects. I thought that much was assumed, and I get that.

I'm fairly vaked right now so please bare with me, but I'm thinking about how apparently some cannabinoids serve in another metabolic pathway which is involved in telling the body to retain THC, thus building tolerance. Polyphenols send the opposite signal, which is why people say teas are good when taking a tolerance break.

What if, because JWH is a synthetic molecule, OPs body doesn't recognize it as a close relative to THC and thus it isn't involved in specific metabolic pathway for which it is removed from the system?

momatik,

OO

Technical Skeptical
momatik said:
What if, because JWH is a synthetic molecule, OPs body doesn't recognize it as a close relative to THC and thus it isn't involved in specific metabolic pathway for which it is removed from the system?

i'd say the possibility is near naught.

OO,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
so im very disappointed to say the least. surely after all this time the jwh would be out of my system but it seems my receptors are still all gunked up.

i blew through that purple bud quite fast. unfortunately i barely felt it but my friends/family all got really high from it and were confused to why i kept vaping/smoking when they were already under the table.

i even scraped the keif catch of my grinder and got a nice little pile of it and put it on top of the purple bud. while it tasted great and made me cough for a bit, still i get nothing more then tiredness/heavy eyes.

so i guess the only thing i can think of doing now it just abstaining from herb for at least a month.

doing more research i came across that there is like 10 different types of synthetic cannabinoids. all of which have slightly different effects. i believe theres like 4-5 diff jwh types and then other alphabetical names. may contribute to why im going through this and it may be a certain type and not all?

seems that some of them cause severe anxiety while others dont. some cause sedative effects while others don't. some cause euphoria and etc.

it also expands your receptors and its not a good thing at all. cant remember off hand but i believe that when that happens to your receptors you are more prone to developing schizophrenia and psychosis.

wish i had a time machine so i could tell myself to never touch the suff.

i really thank you guys for trying to help me. please think of me durring your next vape session and get extra high for people like me that cant.

p.s. this is weird and off topic but my dad told me that mango supposedly can help get your higher if you eat one before a session. anyone find this true? i believe ive also seen it on a diff forum.

p.s.s. just thought of something strange. ive been trying all day everyday for the past few days to get a little buzz but as you know its not working well. it seems though that for some reason when i get to work (usually about 3-4 hours after my last try at tokin) i get a weird head high. its not like being high but everything feels not normal and it seems that bright colors strain my eyes. is this just a weird placebo or is that the mj trying to poke out and say hello. just weird how the past few days ive noticed this.

gettin lifted,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
doing so more research on jwh and its toxicity... i have found something that you current jwh users may find interesting.

according to bluelight:

tobacco smoke from an unfiltered cigarette contains 422ug of naphthalene (which is much less if you smoke filtered cigs)

2.5mg of jwh contains 930ug of naphthalene.

naphthalene causes cancer.

if you assumed that a filtered cigarette is half the naphthalene content of an unfiltered one that would mean that every hit of 2.5mg of jwh is equivalent to almost 5 cigarettes.

food for thought.

gettin lifted,
Gettin Lifted, that statement is garbage because all it takes is one drag from a cigarette to form a cancer cell, this is proven. However, most people dont get it right away but it can happen. Smoking anything in general that has tar and other carcinogens in it will cause cancer.

ManyCrimes,

djonkoman

gettin lifted, have you tried regaining the high psychologically?
seems like in this whole topic you think it's tolerance(wch is a logical assumption), and as I mentioned in my earlier post I still don't understand tolerance
but I've got my problems wth it under control now I think, not by taking a tolerance break(I noticed that every time when I made serious plans for a tolerance break my tolerance was gone, my plans for tolerance weren't total abstinance tough but just quitting smoking by myself and only smoke with friends, since that's just a social ocassion, and every time I made serious plans I ended up in a nice sesh with friends that day and noticed I got really high quickly)
so that made me get the idea that since I can't understand tolerance from a physical point, I should try to look at it from a psychological point
I think my great trip on truffles also helped me a lot with it(altough the insights didn't came during the trip but the days after), and now I view weed different(well, I see it still the same eventually, but still my attitude has changed a bit)
I know enjoy it more and am less after a high but more undergo it, can't really explain it
side-effect is also I vape less now, but the more enjoyment out of the highs and toleranceproblems away happened before I started vaping less(reason I vaope less I'm now more caught up in the thing I'm doing/program I'm watching/game I'm playing and don't want to take a break)

djonkoman,
Top Bottom