Can I salvage weed soaked in saliva???

HappySam

TL;DR at bottom.

Also, this question might sound gross to some people but fuck my pride - I'm poor, have a crazy hard time sleeping without weed and am really desperate.

ANYWAY - I sort of forcefully kicked my little sister off the family computer two nights ago since she was refusing to get off, I had schoolwork due the next day and she talks to guys online all the freaking time. She got super pissed since (unbeknownst to me) her long distance boyfriend was in the process of breaking up with her, due to her being a narcissistic drama queen who - from my perspective - makes every guy she's been with miserable, lol.

She then stormed off, and a few minutes passed. She came back with my stash (~1.5g) and spit a rather copious amount of saliva all over it right in front of me. It got fucking SOAKED, she must have really been building that shit up. I was obviously super fucking pissed, but couldn't really do too much since our parents are super straight edge and she knows it (I went nuts Febreezing the room afterwards)

I would normally just throw the stuff out, but our family is dirt poor and every dollar counts atm... I could have stretched that 1.5g out for a week-plus thru vaping so this is a big loss for me, lol. I am therefore wondering if I can somehow salvage it. I googled "got spit on weed how to fix" but what a shocker, this seems to be a rare issue (i.e. it's only happened to me)

Fellow non-combusters: is there is a way to purify the weed so I can vape it tonight before bed?? All I can really think of is soaking it in isopropyl alcohol then drying it... would that do it? If not, are there any other possible solutions or am I screwed?

Please help me FC... I'll probably be stuck without for at least a few weeks otherwise due to my current budget, and I had a rough time sleeping without it last night.

FUCK, TYPING THIS SHIT TOOK LONGER THAN I THOUGHT.

TL;DR: Can I salvage weed drenched in saliva???

Deleted Member 1643

Amusing post.

All I can really think of is soaking it in isopropyl alcohol then drying it... would that do it?

This will quickly dissolve most of the cannabinoids on the surface of the flowers - in addition to the saliva. If you separate the leaves from the ISO at this point, you'll have flowers with very little activity and ISO with most of the activity plus whatever is in the saliva. Not the desired result.

It's probably fine to just let the saliva air dry and then vape as is. You could speed it up by toasting it at less than 200F for a few minutes. According to Wikipedia, saliva is 99.5⁠% water plus electrolytes, mucus, white blood cells, epithelial cells, enzymes, and antimicrobial agents. It's harmless - you probably won't even notice it. Otherwise, rinse with water and then dry. Cannabinoids are poorly soluble in water, which is what you want for your rinse. For tips, look up "water cure".

Good luck!

Last edited:

HappySam

Amusing post.

This will quickly dissolve most of the cannabinoids on the surface of the flowers - in addition to the saliva. If you separate the leaves from the ISO at this point, you'll have flowers with very little activity and ISO with most of the activity plus whatever is in the saliva. Not the desired result.

It's probably fine to just let the saliva air dry and then vape as is. You could speed it up by toasting it at less than 200F for a few minutes. According to Wikipedia, saliva is 99.5⁠% water plus electrolytes, mucus, white blood cells, epithelial cells, enzymes, and antimicrobial agents. It's harmless - you probably won't even notice it. Otherwise, rinse with water and then dry. Cannabinoids are poorly soluble in water, which is what you want for your rinse. For tips, look up "water cure".

Good luck!

Thanks this is very helpful!!!

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Great story , none the less.

I hope that "saliva" weed not "sativa weed" is in your destiny !

audiodelic,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Don't use alcohol, as that will dissolve and remove the good drugs that we want to keep in the plant till we vaporize and inhale them into our happy waiting lungs.

However, you can water-cure the herb. It will suck out much of the flavor, but the good drugs in the plant are not water soluble, and will remain.

After water-curing, you want to dry fairly thoroughly, then probably rehydrate with humidity-control packs like Boveda.

Top Bottom