Can I reclaim resin from my Pinnacle Water Tool? How? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Paces

You could put some isopropyl in it and shake it until clean (mine came with 2 rubber plugs that work well to keep the isopropyl in while you shake it up).

Then let the isopropyl evaporate (the less isopropyl you use, the quicker it will evaporate). The reclaim is left behind after the isopropyl is gone.

herbivore21

You could put some isopropyl in it and shake it until clean (mine came with 2 rubber plugs that work well to keep the isopropyl in while you shake it up).

Then let the isopropyl evaporate (the less isopropyl you use, the quicker it will evaporate) and the reclaim is left behind.

Everything requires ISO! Where can I get appropriate ISO in Australia? Everything here is denatured!

herbivore21,

clouded vision

If you aren't using distilled water when you use it, I wouldn't bother trying to reclaim because you will also get a lot of contaminates from your tap water including rust. Also if iso is not readily available you can also use ethanol (any kind of grain alcohol that is 190 proof). I know in the US iso is about 1/4 the cost of ethanol but I have heard in some European countries iso can be the same price as ethanol, I have no idea about Australia but just throwing another option out there for you.

clouded vision,

herbivore21

Thankyou! I was wondering whether my tap water would bring some unwanted funk into the situation!

herbivore21,

clouded vision

I just thought about it and I wouldn't revape it but if you drink your tap water and you plan to use the reclaim in edibles then I say go for it. Or just use a Brita filter, that's what I used to use but distilled water is cheap and doesn't leave hard water stains.

clouded vision,

herbivore21

My tap water is certainly drinkable, hahaha who woulda thunk it - you can drink bong water and get results!

I have found a source that I can get 2L of 100% iso for $30 or so, cheaper than the $50 bottle of Spyrytus (95% alcohol volume) I would have otherwise used.

herbivore21,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom