Can i make brownies from ABV without butter?

cow-a-bunga

Hello,
I have been making brownies from my ABV material with great success two times. I put the AVB + butter in a jar, and let the jar sit in hot water for 24 hours. Then I mix the content in the jar with a bag of brownie powder, and add water according to the instructions on the brownie powder bag. I hope you understand what I mean by brownie powder, it's probably called something else. English is not my mother tounge.

A friend told me soaking the ABV with butter for 24 hours is the key to success. It activates the active ingredients in the ABV, he said. The last time I used this method, I became very very very happy :D

I have now saved up a good amount of AVB and I want to make brownies tomorrow. Problem is I am out of butter, but I have some chocolate. Ghirardelli, Premium Baking Bar, Unsweetened Chocolate Can I use chocolate instead of butter for the 24 hour soak, and still have the same kind of success? I dont care so much about the taste, just the effect :ko:

cow-a-bunga,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I dont think there is enough fat in the chocolate to really get the most out of your ABV. Sure you *can* do it, but it wont be as optimal as if you had a saturated fat to help with the absorption. (i.e Butter) do you have any cooking oil? This works as well and is usually needed for any brownie recipe.

Good luck!

AGBeer,

cow-a-bunga

I have olive oil and cod liver oil :)

The olive oil contains 20% fat. 10% is saturated. Is that enough, or will butter be better?

edit: Sorry, the % are daily value based on a 2000 calorie diet.

cow-a-bunga,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nutella and other nut pastes work well. Grapeseed oil is tasteless so i prefer it to olive oil. Cocoa butter is very nice with strong doses cause it give an uplifting caffeine punch :).

Abysmal Vapor,

cow-a-bunga

Thanks for the advice, AGBeer.

Not taking any chances I went to the store and picked up some butter.

23rqxhc.jpg

6,8 grams of ABV, butter, honey, empty jar, cooking stick ;) and muffin stuff

offxe.jpg

6,8 grams of ABV, 100 grams of butter and a little honey in the jar

20k38fp.jpg

jar with ingerdiets is hanging in the pot with water. I'll leave it for 24 hours on the lowest setting on the stove. Not boiling, just warm enough to keep the butter in the jar melted.

Tomorrow, when I'm home from work, I'll mix it with the muffin stuff, put it in the owen for 12 minutes and and finally consume and have a nice weekend.

Anyone else care to comment? How can I improve?

cow-a-bunga,

Abysmal Vapor

make at lest one hole on top :).
What i usually do when i use olive oil (i don't eat butter but it get as runny when heated) . is to put it with pot in the oven on 150 C preheated for 15 minutes and then strain.
The more you wait the more stuff gets extracted so it get a little bit stronger and a way more nastier (taste). If i want it to taste good i will do the 15 min method if i want it to cause maximum damage to my brain :D i leave for 24 H.

Abysmal Vapor,

cow-a-bunga

Abysmal Vapor said:
Nutella and other nut pastes work well. Grapeseed oil is tasteless so i prefer it to olive oil. Cocoa butter is very nice with strong doses cause it give an uplifting caffeine punch :).

Wow, Abysman, I like the cocoa butter idea! I'll try that the next time I cook.

Will olive/grapeseed oil get me as baked as when I use butter?

cow-a-bunga,

Abysmal Vapor

For sure and it is more healthy IMO :). Grape seed oil for the tissue it makes the path between the the holes healthy. It is so good that it can be used as a intravaginal oil LOL. Olive oil ,expecially virgin olive oil is a bit spicy and irritating and more heavy to me.
I used to eat butter and cook with it and i must say i am getting better results with vegetable oils :).

Abysmal Vapor,

cow-a-bunga

good to know. I'm a pescetarian, and not big on butter.

This is fun!! I'll have to hurry up and produce some more ABV, I want to make some more edible treats :D

cow-a-bunga,

SD_haze

Abysmal Vapor said:
make at lest one hole on top :).
What i usually do when i use olive oil (i don't eat butter but it get as runny when heated) . is to put it with pot in the oven on 150 C preheated for 15 minutes and then strain.
The more you wait the more stuff gets extracted so it get a little bit stronger and a way more nastier (taste). If i want it to taste good i will do the 15 min method if i want it to cause maximum damage to my brain :D i leave for 24 H.

Isn't butter/coconut oil a lot better than like olive oil and other vegetable oils because THC more readily binds to saturated fat (butter/coconut is mostly saturated, whereas olive oil, canola oil, etc are mostly not saturated)

And then coconut oil would be better than butter because butter is less fat overall (and not a dairy product for people that watch that :p)

Its also safe to keep at room temperature so thats a plus, took a LONG time for my canna-coconut oil yesterday to re-solidify (like 10 hrs O_O)

Big downside, only coconut oil i could find at my local supermarket was organic so it was pretty expensive

cow-a-bunga said:
good to know. I'm a pescetarian, and not big on butter.

This is fun!! I'll have to hurry up and produce some more ABV, I want to make some more edible treats :D

Did you see the post about ABV Pot Chocolate? Only need ~2 grams of vaped bud
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=6739

SD_haze,

ktx49

can someone explain to me the Nutella??

i have some of that, how can I use ABV/shake/stems with Nutella?

ktx49,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
ktx49 said:
can someone explain to me the Nutella??

i have some of that, how can I use ABV/shake/stems with Nutella?

Look up the recipe for 'Firecrakers'

In a Nut(ella)shell - grind ABV/Decarb'd fresh cannabis, spread Nutella on Graham crackers, infuse herb/abv powder, wrap cracker sammich in foil, put in the oven.

Badda bing.

Specifics on all of these details can be found in the Firecracker thread.

AGBeer,
Thought I would throw my :2c: in... I've seen it done before by letting it simmer in chocolate, but with ABV, it really needs a way to express itself into an oil base. There isnt a lot of oily moisture in a recipe, and certainly not enought to bring out the psychoactive chemicals still available in ABV.

singingcrow,
Top Bottom