Can bud lose a lot of weight in 2 months if stored in plastic

Mookie0608

im just wondering if bud is stored in plastic containers can it lose a lot of weight like a gram or more I find it hard to believe it can.

Got an 8th if bud from dispensary weighed it and nothings wrong with my scale it looked light to begin with and I was supposed to have 3.5 grams and it barely weighed 2 grams. About 1.9 to be exact. Reported it to dispensary and they said they would look into it but felt like that was a friendly way of staying shit happens but was assured stuff like that is not supposed to happen even though I was being truthful.

Mookie0608,

Wiired

Semper Esurientem
That's a pretty big discrepancy, how long was it in storage? It could be that the flower originally had a high water content and is now desiccated?

Mookie0608

February 21st is package date sold date is 4-11. I asked for a fresher container because they had a fresh release and the guy refused to said we have to sell the oldest first

Mookie0608,
Reactions: Wiired

Wiired

Semper Esurientem
Ouch, mayhaps its time for a new dispensary!

Well, either they dont know how to weigh or it lost alot of weight from water loss. Either way, thats pretty shitty in my book.

I think maybe for fun I will weigh out a fresh 8th, put in my dehydrator and see what it weighs after. Never did that before.

Wiired,

Mookie0608

Usually I always get a little more then 3.5, bud manager did say he would knock $20 off my next purchases to make up for the gram loss, but still it’s the principle and I told the manager there’s really only 2 people I like dealing with and won’t sell me bud that’s not big and are always friendly we’re others are like yeah hi what ever sorry I can’t help you on what strains do what I just get what is asked for and take the money attitude.

C No Ego

Usually I always get a little more then 3.5, bud manager did say he would knock $20 off my next purchases to make up for the gram loss, but still it’s the principle and I told the manager there’s really only 2 people I like dealing with and won’t sell me bud that’s not big and are always friendly we’re others are like yeah hi what ever sorry I can’t help you on what strains do what I just get what is asked for and take the money attitude.
I take a bud and try and break in two ... if it just bends it is not cured out or dry... cured bud will snap with little effort

C No Ego,
Reactions: Wiired

MegaMan2k

No way that its possible for 3.5 grams to turn into 1.9 grams if it was packaged bud.

One of ur scales(urs or theirs) is off- Or mis-handling in the packaging process, human failure is always a thing. Losing a single nugget on the carpet could equal what is missing :p

Weight shouldnt really change more than a few mg's after its been dried and packaged.

I take a bud and try and break in two ... if it just bends it is not cured out or dry... cured bud will snap with little effort

Best preservation of the terpenes is around 62%, which is also in the optimal curing zone, dried and cured weed does not necessarily snap with little effort, some cultivars well remain gooey at that RHA even after a longer cure, in my experience at least.

Mookie0608

No way that its possible for 3.5 grams to turn into 1.9 grams if it was packaged bud.

One of ur scales(urs or theirs) is off- Or mis-handling in the packaging process, human failure is always a thing. Losing a single nugget on the carpet could equal what is missing :p

Weight shouldnt really change more than a few mg's after its been dried and packaged.

Best preservation of the terpenes is around 62%, which is also in the optimal curing zone, dried and cured weed does not necessarily snap with little effort, some cultivars well remain gooey at that RHA even after a longer cure, in my experience at least.
Exactly what I believe I may ask a manager to pull footage of the guy at the counter he could have snuck a nug out because they don’t seal the jars anymore the same way they used to u can easily u do the small label where before it broke as soon as u opened up

Top Bottom