Camouflet

Manufacturer
DSC00634.jpg

XL v Standard Convector size comparison

Mndeadhead

bit the bullet and order an XL over the weekend. when using with the inductor, what is the rcommended voltage, amount of time to heat, and are you placing directly on top of the f core, or heating the way you would a dynavap, for instance? horizontal or vertical on the f-core? Spent an evening trying to find the answer to my question. couldn't find a diret answer to my question on the site, youtube, reddit, FC, etc.

coolbreeze

bit the bullet and order an XL over the weekend. when using with the inductor, what is the rcommended voltage, amount of time to heat, and are you placing directly on top of the f core, or heating the way you would a dynavap, for instance? horizontal or vertical on the f-core?
I think I'm usually like 26v or so; hit the button and bring it straight to the top-middle of the cap and it will glow fully in just a second or two, let the glow dissipate and hit away. It's probably the simplest of the Camouflet vapes to use well, I think; it's pretty forgiving. Enjoy!

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
2023 was the Year of the Desktop; 2024 is the year of the butane/induction portables! I keep my dabs and desktops on a countertop vape station; and just had my Dyna’s out on the coffee table. This 4/20 my coffee table will have the Dyna’s, Convector OG/Ti/XL, Vaphit, TA3, and a Tempest beta!

Absolutely loving the XL, I am still a tad intimidated with all that thermal mass knowing what power the regular Camo cap is capable of. That and I gave it a go late last night after already being medicated and absolutely cherried it up good! Thanks to @coolbreeze suggestions my sessions this eve with XL were much more enjoyable; on a WPA it’s so instant whitewall and open on the draw, it feels just like the kind of danger area for all other vapes. It’s getting close to a combustion bong experience without combustion; another fantastic product from the Camo team!

popitup

Alright, so I was on the fence, what the heck can this basic looking vape do that my Tempest, TA3, Dani Fusion 2.0 can't? Is the $100+ pricepoint justified? After trying the Inductor, my confidence in the company was boosted high. However, I wish I read the feedback here before I tried out my new Convector XL. My dumbass combusted hard because I tried to heat it like the TA3.

After cleaning it up and trying the RECOMMENDED WAY, all I can say is WOW. Simple vape with very few parts, the airflow is phenomenal. It's might even have higher airflow than the Tempest. The flavor is big, and so are the back-to-back hits. I haven't read about the details of the heater matrix yet, but I'm impressed with speed to heat and the heat retention. Literally 3-4 seconds at 22 and I have enough heat to back-to-back 3-4 substaintal hits.

I do have to comment on fit/finish and packaging, as this is my second shipment. Camouflet presents as a luxury brand, considering the marketing, website and price point. It's very close to such, but some of the finishing details need a little attention. I'm not saying this to discourage Camouflet or any buyers, I think the brand and products are great, but these final touches can make a real difference. A little sanding of rough edges, cleaning up of glue, etc. Consider adding a one-pager for each of your products to help buyer get familiar upon receiving.

Where can I learn more about the heat matrix?

Keep up the great work.

popitup

Alright, so I'm still learning, but the timing between just enough and way too much is very tight, especially when reheating. I've combusted probably 4 times now using the inductor at 22. This isn't a unique problem to the Convector XL, and I'm not sure you'll find a combo that can hit this hard this fast outside of ball vapes or the TM2.

I’m wondering how Dyna continues to justify its premium pricepoint
Probably all the bundles "giving away" wands or vapes.

popitup,
Reactions: Smknbud

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Alright, so I'm still learning, but the timing between just enough and way too much is very tight, especially when reheating. I've combusted probably 4 times now using the inductor at 22.
Without knowing all the variables of your Convector XL ritual, our guess is that you're over-packing the chamber and/or the material is packed too tightly in the chamber. Start with a medium/coarse grind instead of a fine grind. Material with a good amount of moisture is best vs dry/crumbly.
  • Don't fill the chamber all the way to the brim, 3/4 full or less. Start with smaller amounts of material as you get more familiar with your XL ritual and heating techniques.
  • You can give the material a slight tamp but don't pack it tightly. A slight tamp is only really necessary when using smaller amounts to keep the material held in place against the chamber screen. The XL is also an excellent micro-doser and extremely efficient.
  • It works well with full buds, coarse, medium or fine grind. We recommend medium while getting familiar with the XL. Especially if your material is dry. 58%-62% material humidity levels are helpful.
  • It works very well with concentrate(any type) sandwiches or bowl toppers. Especially when paired with glass.
The XL is designed to have a forgiving heating profile, try the above suggestions and see if they improve your experience.

Last edited:

Mndeadhead

Oh yeah, the bud I've been using is closer to 36% at this point, hahaha. That's definitely a contributing factor, maybe a little over packing :). Thanks for the tips.
for what it's worth, the tips i got from @coolbreeze have been spot on: "I think I'm usually like 26v or so; hit the button and bring it straight to the top-middle of the cap and it will glow fully in just a second or two, let the glow dissipate and hit away. It's probably the simplest of the Camouflet vapes to use well, I think; it's pretty forgiving. Enjoy!"

coolbreeze

What is the smallest torch that this will work with? For out and about?
A small Eagle or Honest will work fine but you have to go fairly aggressively at it. I turn up the Honest to about .6" or .7" inner flame and bring the tip to the center of the cap; it should glow fairly quickly and then I circle out to the edge to get as much glowing as possible. For me it won't completely glow like it does with the Inductor, but it works well. Outside you may need a little more umph, but a pocket torch is worth a try.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Your Inductor set somewhere 24-26; your most open draw water piece; 7 seconds initial heat rotating the corner of the cap on the lighter head at an angle, leave a couple seconds for the heat to distribute through the cap, rip away; 5 seconds for reheat cycle, distribute heat, rip away. It’s just :smug:

Definitely flirting with combustion as you learn this technique, and you can’t (or I can’t at least) clear the bowl in one hit because ripping the draw is pulling the heat calories out quick…but you get a couple nice, tasty vape bong rips! The best VonG experience I’ve ever had, and fast becoming my preferred method of consumption!

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Once you become more comfortable with heating you can try adding some heat to the side walls of the the Camo cap/chamber as well. This will preheat the chamber and result in more heat retention = less heat calories lost to the cold chamber. Do 1x full pass around the circumference of the cap/chamber first, and then add heat to the air intake hole area on the tip of the cap.

See the above technique in the demo video below(we added slightly too much heat time here). Convector XL + Inductor + Tall Peyote Pillar glass piece = Heavy Hitter. 🧠

Last edited:

Dopamine

Got mine in the mail today. This thing hears up fast! May have found a new use for the Wand that was doin* nothing these past few months.

Got some good clouds, followed by a Terpy choking hit, but no vapor on the next draw. Must play around with it some more.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Got mine in the mail today. This thing hears up fast! May have found a new use for the Wand that was doin* nothing these past few months.
Convector XL and Wand: 10-12 blinks from cold start when used native. Less heat/blinks for subsequent reheats. 11-13 blinks from cold start when paired with glass. Remove the ceramic tube when pairing with glass for better airflow. Make sure the Wand batteries are fully charged for best results.

gmocooties

I love the Convector and couldn't resist an XL with that huge 420 discount. Super generous, cheers Camouflet 😎 Can't wait to give it a go! That bowl looks huge - and the Convector already smacks as is, especially when you get the heating down. Can't imagine how big these XL hits are going to be.

My favourite way to use the Convector these days is to heat it for 5-6 seconds in YLL 2.0, take a couple sips, and repeat. This is probably a silly question, and I'm assuming the answer is no, but does anyone know if this fits the YLL 2.0? Their website claims the chamber has a diameter of 14mm, which is just a little too wide I think. I have a Wand too so I'm not stressed if it doesn't, but I do prefer the 2 0's form factor and UI.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
I love the Convector and couldn't resist an XL with that huge 420 discount. Super generous, cheers Camouflet 😎 Can't wait to give it a go! That bowl looks huge - and the Convector already smacks as is, especially when you get the heating down. Can't imagine how big these XL hits are going to be.

My favourite way to use the Convector these days is to heat it for 5-6 seconds in YLL 2.0, take a couple sips, and repeat. This is probably a silly question, and I'm assuming the answer is no, but does anyone know if this fits the YLL 2.0? Their website claims the chamber has a diameter of 14mm, which is just a little too wide I think. I have a Wand too so I'm not stressed if it doesn't, but I do prefer the 2 0's form factor and UI.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the Convector!

The standard Convector will fit all induction heaters on the market. The Convector XL cap has a 15mm diameter for reference.

gmocooties

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Convector!

The standard Convector will fit all induction heaters on the market. The Convector XL cap has a 15mm diameter for reference.
Appreciate the info :) I think that'll be just a fraction too wide for the YLL. Wand it is!

gmocooties,
Top Bottom