UhuM

My favourite way to use the Convector these days is to heat it for 5-6 seconds in YLL 2.0, take a couple sips, and repeat.
May I ask, what wattage you're using? With 45W it's not really giving anything, with 55W it just automatically steps down to 35W and ramps up to 55 after 5seconds. This gives better performance, but I'm still not getting a good performance out of this with the IH.
Thanks.

UhuM,

gmocooties

May I ask, what wattage you're using? With 45W it's not really giving anything, with 55W it just automatically steps down to 35W and ramps up to 55 after 5seconds. This gives better performance, but I'm still not getting a good performance out of this with the IH.
Thanks.

Is it fully charged? The wattage cap gradually reduces as the battery discharges - it'll only let you heat @ 60W when the battery is fully (or almost fully) charged. If that's not the culprit, it could be that the batteries themselves aren't appropriate - what type are you using?

gmocooties,
Reactions: UhuM

UhuM

Is it fully charged? The wattage cap gradually reduces as the battery discharges - it'll only let you heat @ 60W when the battery is fully (or almost fully) charged. If that's not the culprit, it could be that the batteries themselves aren't appropriate - what type are you using?
I'm aware of this limitation, but as the two new P28a (bought and paired for this IH) only had one battery bar missing and we're able to ramp up to the desired 55w after seconds, I thought maybe the position or something with the Titanium cap itself causes this issue. Thats why I was interested in the wattage other people are using.
I'll giving it a fu charge and a new try.

UhuM,
Reactions: gmocooties

gmocooties

I'm aware of this limitation, but as the two new P28a (bought and paired for this IH) only had one battery bar missing and we're able to ramp up to the desired 55w after seconds, I thought maybe the position or something with the Titanium cap itself causes this issue. Thats why I was interested in the wattage other people are using.
I'll giving it a fu charge and a new try.

Yeah I'm not sure otherwise, sorry mate! Mine doesn't seem to have any issues heating the titanium convector @ 60W.

gmocooties,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Where can I learn more about the heater matrix?
The Camouflet heater matrix found in the Convector series and Injector is comprised of heater plates made of a specific stainless steel alloy that is optimal for induction heating compatibility. The heater plates have tiny holes throughout, creating a matrix design for the air to weave through and get super heated delivering the goods. Manufactured in the US via precision photo etching process. The plates are easily mistaken for regular screens but they are indeed heater plates.

popitup

Great, appreciate the information. Do you have diagrams or design images that help illustrate?

I assume there is not disassembly intended? What's the advice on cleaning?

popitup,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Great, appreciate the information. Do you have diagrams or design images that help illustrate?

I assume there is not disassembly intended? What's the advice on cleaning?
The heater plates are visible inside the Camo caps and the Injector housing. The last heater plate in the stack is laser welded in place, so we do not want to attempt to remove the heater plates. Disassembly is not intended.

Convector XL easy clean method for all components, together or individually.
-Disassemble the Convector.
-Remove ceramic tube orings from ceramic.
-Remove chamber orings if you prefer. We don't bother removing them as we only soak the chamber with them on for short periods of time.
-Add ISO and disassembled components into a glass vessel of your choosing. Glass jar with a sealing lid can be helpful to seal and swirl for faster cleaning results.
-Let components soak in ISO bath for 10-20mins.
-Remove components from ISO bath and rinse with hot water. If any residue remains after the hot water rinse, repeat ISO soak and hot water rinse.
-After rinsing in hot water, soak components in a hot water bath for 10-20mins.
-Remove components from the hot water bath and dry them with a paper towel for quick drying or let them air dry. You can heat the Camo cap to remove any residual water between the heater plates before first use after cleaning.
-Once dry reassemble components and you're ready to go.

Smknbud

I'm about two weeks in now with the Convector XL and a little more with the 2nd Conductor (1st had display failure but quickly resolved by Camouflet) and consider both great 420 purchases. I'm amazed how quickly the Conductor heats up the Convector XL....crazy amount of power.
I've followed the advice on this thread, thanks to ya'll, and have been quite pleased with the voltage at 22. One 3 second full rotation of the Convector on the Lighter Head and she's good to go.

Definitely the year of TED's for me.

174510876.jpg

Top Bottom