caffeine and marijuana?

jambolaya

How does caffeine affect your high?
I have heard that for some people it kills their high, and for some it makes it more uplifted. So how do you guys react to drinking a redbull, coffee, coke, or even tea while you are high?
For me it doesn't really affect me.

Nosferatu

I feel like I get the hyperness I would normally get also which can be good because sometimes even vaping can be a little sedative. And coffee is sooooo good after a nice vape sesh...I can just chug it! but too much of the two in conjunction and the only problem I notice would be too fast a heartbeat/lightheadedness.

Nosferatu,

djonkoman

well I'm usuallu already pretty immune for it, have to drink 2 double espresso's to notice any effect, and never tried drinking so much of it high(I only do that when I'm tired, but weed helps a lot better against tiredness)
and energy drinks can't get me any effect at all, except making me piss a lot(once I tried drinking a few litres of it... never again, i was running to the bathroom every 10-15 minutes)
I do like a nice hot cup of coffee when I;m high, but then the cottonmouth first has to be taken away a bit, since beer and coffee are the drinks I don't like as much if I have a dry mouth

djonkoman,

OO

Technical Skeptical
some people are much more sensitive to caffeine than others.

it's my favorite drug and is quite pleasant with pot.

OO,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
well if you read on erowid it clearly states alcohol and redbull is the worst combo as one is a depressant and the other gives you energy. So it confuses your body, highly affects your heart beat in opposite directions.

i feel same way marijuana and coffee are two extremes so i personally dont like mixing because of the facts rather than the feeling, but i could be wrong since mj is categorized under mild psychedelic.

audiodelic,
I personally like to do a wake and bake in the morning with a nice cup of coffee while I use my Extreme Q for me I notice the high way more and the cup of coffee just taste awesome :p I never kill my high from drinking caffeine so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

VapeKing420,

hereatlast

I love a cup of coffee next to my PD stems :D

I find no adverse affect when mixing these two, I am fairly sensitive to caffeine so I'm careful about that in general. Drank yerba mate tea before I started missing coffee too much.

hereatlast,

vapirtoo

I'm with vapeking420
The wake and bake with a good cup of joe is my morning ritual
when I'm on vacation.
Coffee seems to hold off the munchies as well as boost the high!

vapirtoo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im actually getting ready to try out the ABV/Coffee recipe in the cooking forum one of these AMs.
That looks rather interesting ;)

AGBeer,

morninglight

I like to drink coffee and when I drink it while medicated I tend to be simply more alert.

morninglight,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I've drastically cut back on the caffeine. I usually only have a cup of Earl Grey tea in the morning, and I always vap too. I still vap throughout the day as well.

Vicki,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I was off for a few weeks at Xmas, and in the morning it was either diet coke/Extreme or coffee/Launch Box. I find that caffeine has no effect on the buzz, but the buzz does make the first coffee of the morning taste like a gift from the gods :)

Tom

tdavie,
SmokingElectricity said:
i prefer a nice glass of fresh brewed iced tea. :rolleyes:

Yeah man ice tea is the best drink I can drink a 12 pack in like a few hours just chill vaping lol

VapeKing420,
I'm pretty sure french vanillas have caffeine and when I go to Tim Hortons I get a XL I go home and vape and it just taste so good
I'm always tempted to go back for another one lol :lol:

VapeKing420,

steiner666

Serial vapist
i dont drink caffeine much anymore and i feel loads better from it. the only time i get any is with my nightly cup of earl grey. I know most people drink their caffeine to get going in the morning, but it always makes my stomach hurt if i drink it in the AM.

only other thing i drink is just pure delicious water..." Whooooole lotta water!" (lol half baked)

steiner666,

djonkoman

AGBeer said:
Im actually getting ready to try out the ABV/Coffee recipe in the cooking forum one of these AMs.
That looks rather interesting ;)

I have tried making weedcoffee with unvaped weed a few times, my experiences where that the effect wasn't that strong(but eating baked products with weed also doesn't work well if I'm alone, if I'm with friends those same things het me really high tough)
but the taste was delicious, and while usually the coffee gets gross if it cools down to much, the weedcoffee stays delicious even if it cools down
the fatness was a slight negative also, but that's because I drink my coffee black(with milk I find it taste too weak, just like tea), so I used butter to add fat

djonkoman,

Nycdeisel

I dont really do caffeine, since I never got into soda or coffee when I was younger, it stayed that way, and I think for the better(who needs coffee and soda anyway?) however I DO like chocolate but I think that it has much less caffeine then most caffeinated beverages on the market today. Im not too concerned.

Nycdeisel,
Caffeine is the shit, as long as its delivered in natural and delicious sources and not some lousy energy drink. I'm a big yerba mate drinker, also love green and black tea AND coffee. All of those drinks are delicious enough for me to really drink them in small amounts, even if caffeine did bother me. Sort of how if I had a slight allergy to alcohol, you can bet your ass I'd still be sipping the occasional beer. Or some kind of Indian food allergy, or sex allergy... Yeah. Vaped. :lol:

charliedontsurf,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
After developing an allergy to hops (no more beer for me), I became a hard whiskey drinker, and thus found myself drinking a lot of coffee to "balance." Needless to say, marijuana was also a big part of the equation. After a hard night of drinking on Saturday, I'd even wake up to an Irish coffee (Irish whiskey and coffee for the uninitiated) and a bowl. While I felt I needed the coffee to get revved, I found it made me feel jittery, and I would smoke even more in an attempt to take the edge off...It never seemed to work...just made me even more edgy...

I've since quit drinking, limited my coffee intake, and find myself drinking tea almost all day. Black tea, green tea, yerba mate...all great. Celestial Seasonings even makes Morning Thunder, a combination of yerba mate and black tea (excellent for those that love the coffee buzz without the coffee jitters). I have a french press, and even when drinking an entire pot of yerba mate, I have all the clarity of mind and energy associated with the caffeine buzz but without the negative effects of too much coffee. As a reader and gamer, I love the alert aspects without the jitters. I've almost always got a cup of tea next to me while vaping...awesome stuff. Mate FTW.

Cheers,
mudstar

mudstar,

Brother Brigham

King, Priest and Ruler over Israel on Earth
When I drink regular coffee (which I do regularly) I find a good energy-evenness that is great for starting the day.
When I drink ABV coffee, I want to put on adult sized, footed, pajama onezies and build blanket forts...which is also great for starting ones day.

Brother Brigham,
Top Bottom