C99 and Other Sativa Dominant Hybrids

JCat

Accessory Maker
Anyone else out there just love the Cindy '99's, Apollo 11's, Strawberry Diesel, Haze crosses, etc that are around 70-80% Sativa/Indica hybrid? (C99 has been a staple of mine since about March since its been available and I've always loved it from the first time I had some)

I like to have a variety of strains on hand, but find that something with about a 70-80% Sativa/Indica ratio tends to be my staple daytime meds ... that's what I start my morning with and keep up with throughout the day.

Depending on grower/dispensary, what is available will affect my selection, but I gotta' say that I just love the C99 ... great daytime meds ... love a heavy Indica for later in the evenings though as well to knock down my day-long sativa high and my often manic nature (love the Afghani). I love Jean-Guy as well which is a 60/40, but I find the JG tends to tire me out if I use too much during the day ... I find similar effects from other 40-60% Sativa/Indica Hybrids ... like to stick to largely 70+% Sativas with 70+% Indicas to complement to be able to pick/choose when I want one or the other.

Edit: I use my cannabis for managing my Bipolar Type II disorder FYI ... so helps me not get too depressed when I'm down and helps me be more comfortable in my own skin when I'm hypomanic and slightly insane!

If your "different" one of the most important things one can realize is that you have to be comfortable with people looking and questioning ... be proud of who you are! Bipolar and Proud of It! (Fuck those that don't want to accept that I experience life in extremes and get the most out of it at both ends! My depression is as much a part of my personality and who I am as my insane manic self and I don't want to medicate either away ... I just want to cope and experience life and the joy and wonder of those brief moments that are worth everything and make all the little things insignificant!)

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well said @JCat . . . I am definitely upping the ratio of this kind of medicine for myself this year.

t-dub,
Reactions: JCat

Hexi

HBP is one reason I tend to not get Sativas, but the last trip to the co-op I could not resist some AK and AK hash. But I still prefer Indica as the Sativa can get me way too chatty.

Hexi,
Reactions: JCat

Tweek

I like the "chattiness" of the Sativas as I'm often too reserved! Helps me forget about any social anxieties I have and be more myself ...

That's why I wish I could use them more often...they really do help me, especially when my mood is heading downward. Problem is, it accentuates my anxiety...so finding that right balance is critical, and very hard without consistent supply.

The weird hallucinations I get with too much Sativa, is another story...

JCat

Accessory Maker
That's why I wish I could use them more often...they really do help me, especially when my mood is heading downward. Problem is, it accentuates my anxiety...so finding that right balance is critical, and very hard without consistent supply.
I agree about the consistent supply ... that's been pretty good for me since having my license, especially since finding my current dispensary that I really like.

I find going too hard on the Indicas makes me tired and unproductive which is why I try to stick to a Sativa leaning balance :)

JCat,
Reactions: mvapes

Tweek

Too much Indica knocks me out as well...not a fan of Kush for this reason...doesn't take much to make me want to go to bed. I don't really like that heavily baked and want to crash feeling. The best balance I found, for myself, was Hawaiian Haze. It relaxed the physical symptoms of my anxiety/depression, and kept me chill enough mentally, yet focused.

You are lucky you got your card. So hard to get with a mental illness...I always get told "It will make things worse" blah blah.

Chill Dude

Blue Dream is a solid choice for the best of both worlds high. I believe BD is like 75% haze and 25% blueberry. IMO Blue Dream is a very versatile bud... enough sativa effect to lift your mood but enough Indica for anxiety and pain a great hybrid. I also find it very effective for insomnia late at night... Me like Blue Dream...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Blue Dream is a solid choice for the best of both worlds high. I believe BD is like 75% haze and 25% blueberry. IMO Blue Dream is a very versatile bud... enough sativa effect to lift your mood but enough Indica for anxiety and pain a great hybrid. I also find it very effective for insomnia late at night... Me like Blue Dream...
Me too. Its like swiss army weed . . .

swissarmyknife.jpg

I tend to lean towards Indica and Indica-dominant hybrids (they don't all make me too tired to function), but Blue Dream is a staple daytime strain for me.

Also, I've got a strain called Black Cherry Soda, an Indica-dominant hybrid that includes C99 in its genetics, I believe. It's a really unique strain in terms of smell, taste & appearance. Love it.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Staple sativas? J-1, Jack Herer, Sour Diesel, NYC Sour Diesel, ChemDawg, Lemon Haze, Blue Dream... I'm starting to creep back towards sativas after going with indicas for a bit to manage my pain/nausea as they've been getting worse lately. I get a bit too groggy though towards the end of the day, so I'm trying to edge up some more sativa into it so I can go farther.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: lwien

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Love the Sativa hybrids. Just got in some C99 x Sour D(Sin Diesel). Literally one of my fav strains in the last year or so.

Also hgot a 1/2 of Blue Dream about a month ago. Very nice.

deadheadbill,

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
C99 is one of my all time favorites, have a few hybrid beans stashed in the fridge waiting for opportunity to knock.. It's been too long since I've smoked a truly great sativa, last time that I can remember (though there are certainly a few I've forgotten since) was about 2 years ago, a particularly oily, rich chocolate scented pheno of DNA's chocolope grown outdoors under the African sun. Damn I miss that stuff. Good friend has some Sannie's Jack from seed about a week away from ready, eagerly awaiting that, more so after this thread

Oscar_Milde,

ma125

I´ve never tried C99, but I am also a Sativa fan...
My current favorites are Martian Mean Green and Soma´s Amnesia Haze.
Cheers

ma125,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'm attempting an experiment growing two strangers for me on each side of the spectrum...... Chocolope Haze 95% Sativa, and Back Russian 80% Indica :ko:

smokum,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Love the cindy and sativa doms. Most growers I know avoid sativas and sativa doms because they take up too much room and take so much longer to finish up. C99 is usually a good strain to cross w/ for increased yields.

I griega is the Spanish pronunciation of the letter y.

Snake Plissken,
Reactions: nopartofme

Space Case

blue dream at bedtime is crazy talk.
my regular daytime too but no way when trying to sleep.
I would recommend lambsbread for a balanced sativa

izzytoots

I just picked up a few Gs of sour willie. Its 90% sativa and i think i just realized my brain doesn't cope well with heavy sativas. Nothing feels real and I get kind of lost in my head. If i go above a [4], it gets uncomfortable.

izzytoots,
Reactions: Hexi

lwien

I love hybrids as well. One strain that I've heard a lot about but never tried............Girl Scout Cookies. OG Kush x Durban Poison

lwien,
Top Bottom