Buying soon. Need decisions

sanman

Hey guys. New user here. Gonna be buying stuff soon and really want a thumbs up before pulling the trigger.

Thinking about doing the VapeXHale with Turbine piece. Gonna use a 10% coupon.
Deciding between SCS 2 or 3 or 4 and not even sure what size. I like the silver, but out of stock in some sizes.
Also gonna get a Sploofy and maybe some Smoke-Smell-Be-Gone.

Opinions?
I doubt I'll need to vape on the go. I don't want any smell to escape into the hallway or get on my clothes.
I don't smoke much and am hoping that if I'm starting medicating, that combustion is healthier, right? I'm skeptical on non-ancient science, as anyone should, and look forward to possibly interacting with the community here to share upcoming experience and thoughts.
Not sure if I wanna cook, especially until I learn how to do so in an apartment building. I don't know if I'd have any use for kief and have no experience to decide what grinding setup to have. Currently I'm storing my stash of herb in no-zip folded sandwich bags tucked in a mason jar along with my glass pipe.
First time was tough figuring out where to go outside (luckily it's winter) to puff and find my way back in the dark.
I'm open for suggestions changing my shopping list. Better than SCS, thumbs down the Turbine, alternative to Sploofy? Let me know. Cheers, guys. I'm dying here (not literally) and I think I need to start my treatment asap.

sanman,

Trypsy Summers

Hey guys. New user here. Gonna be buying stuff soon and really want a thumbs up before pulling the trigger.

Thinking about doing the VapeXHale with Turbine piece. Gonna use a 10% coupon.
Deciding between SCS 2 or 3 or 4 and not even sure what size. I like the silver, but out of stock in some sizes.
Also gonna get a Sploofy and maybe some Smoke-Smell-Be-Gone.

Opinions?
I doubt I'll need to vape on the go. I don't want any smell to escape into the hallway or get on my clothes.
I don't smoke much and am hoping that if I'm starting medicating, that combustion is healthier, right? I'm skeptical on non-ancient science, as anyone should, and look forward to possibly interacting with the community here to share upcoming experience and thoughts.
Not sure if I wanna cook, especially until I learn how to do so in an apartment building. I don't know if I'd have any use for kief and have no experience to decide what grinding setup to have. Currently I'm storing my stash of herb in no-zip folded sandwich bags tucked in a mason jar along with my glass pipe.
First time was tough figuring out where to go outside (luckily it's winter) to puff and find my way back in the dark.
I'm open for suggestions changing my shopping list. Better than SCS, thumbs down the Turbine, alternative to Sploofy? Let me know. Cheers, guys. I'm dying here (not literally) and I think I need to start my treatment asap.

Where you state that "combustion is healthier, right?" The simple answer Nah, wrong!! Combustion is not healthier than vaping!
As for the smell in the hallway etc, get a crafty it, (or any good portable) should mask the smell!
In terms of vapes, EVO/EQ are both good! Especially with a Hydratube, although you'll need an Adapter to hook up the EQ!

Last edited:
Trypsy Summers,

max

Out to lunch
I don't smoke much and am hoping that if I'm starting medicating, that combustion is healthier, right?

Combustion is not healthier than vaping!
Yeah, it's never healthy to inhale smoke. My lungs said no to smoke years ago, but vapor is still getting the :tup:, over ten years later.
I don't know if I'd have any use for kief
I assume you're talking about separating it with a screen grinder, since anyone who partakes of mj would have use for kief. You only NEED to screen it when your herb is so dry that grinding will separate it no matter what. At that point you may as well round it up and keep it separate since trying to keep it with the ground bud is a lost cause. You'll lose it here and there that way, so keeping it in some kind of container and adding it back to your bowls is the best way to go. I rarely have herb these days that's so dry that the kief separates during grinding, so I just use a 2 piece grinder-cheaper and easier.
I don't want any smell to escape into the hallway or get on my clothes.
That really isn't much of an issue. Most non users who know what mj smells like don't even recognize the smell of vapor.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
I don't know if I'd have any use for kief and have no experience to decide what grinding setup to have.

I would suggest not getting a kief-catcher style grinder. I love my 3-piece without a screen because when I grind, ALL of the kief is ready for me to use for that bowl. I don't have to scrape anything, I just use it when its there. This way you get all the FLAVOR and EFFECT of that one specific strain and its kief, and you don't have the issue of kief getting old and nasty tasting

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Hello @sanman

Welcome to FC.

The EVO is a wicked vape, and if you have no plans of consuming outside of your home, then it will do you just fine. Vapor has much less scent than smoke, so blowing out of a window will likely be enough, and certainly a sploofy would do the trick just fine. Also, any kief you collect can be vaped in the same manner you would herb, and with very powerful effect.

My guess is your wants/needs might change over time. I know my perception of what I originally thought I wanted with vaporization and where that has evolved into is radically different. So... if you consider getting a portable in the future, there are lots of great options available these days, and lots of great folks who can help you decide based on what factors you are looking for.

Hope to see ya around regardless.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
@sanman :wave:

Welcome To FC!

Are you just concerned about the aroma because you live in an apartment building?

With Vaporization, the aroma is quite different, much less notable, and dissipates rather quickly.

It doesn't stick to you like smoking does.
I'd be more concerned with the aroma from the Cannabis itself.

But a Mason Jar or a Cvault will take care of that.

EVO is an epic Vaporizer, you're going to love Vaporization.
The devices are just as fun as the Cannabis IMO...

Again, welcome aboard.
-peace-

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I don't want any smell to escape into the hallway or get on my clothes.
I vape in my apartment several times a day and never bother with a sploof or anything like that; as far as I can tell, the odor doesn't stick around or waft into the hall much if at all.

Currently I'm storing my stash of herb in no-zip folded sandwich bags tucked in a mason jar along with my glass pipe.
Get rid of the sandwich bags and just keep your bud directly in jars (with no pipe!)
Plastic tends to pick up a static charge and steal your trichomes :(

Keep the jars somewhere out of the light, and/or get something more opaque, like the aforementioned CVault, or violet/Miron glass, e.g., http://www.420science.com/Medium-UV-Screw-Top-420-Jar (although you can find them cheaper elsewhere)

sanman

Wow. Really thanks so much, guys. I thought I had zero replies when I looked and opened up my thread to see if I typed poorly. Well, the post wasn't rambling as much as usual, but I see I accidentally said "combustion healthier" when I meant to say "not" or "vaporizing". I did see a thread a while back users compared their lung issues and I couldn't figure what the consensus was. But haha obviously I'm here and dropping some cash on vaping, so I hope you can forgive the typo.
I see so many friendly replies.
I just puffed up to calm my anxiety, so pardon my writing.
3 piece SCS, then? As far as I understand, a 2 piece can grind better in ways, a 4 piece has separate kief powder chamber for idk, but the 3 piece's benefit is being a simple A-to-B. I emailed SCS to ask when the Small Silver Color 3 piece will be back.

As a beginner, I'm starting indoors. Maybe eventually I'll pick out a portable if my needs change or add cannabis to my out-of-home life. Thanks guys.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Welcome @sanman it seems like a SCS 3 piece would be a good choice of grinder as it also has a storage compartment so you touch the material less. The Evo is a beast & a premium desktop vape that would be sure to give you great service although the factory 2nd's from 7th Floor are great value especially if you are trying vaping out.

Regardless you are looking at quality products & are sure to find the right solution to your needs & plenty of helpful advice on FC.

sanman

I was waiting for my paycheck and whatnot, seeing if I could budget for the Evo and it went out of stock. I was scared the sale was moderately rare. Well I emailed them and it's back in stock!
Ordered with coupon <3

Still waiting for the small Silver SCS 3pc to be in stock. In the meantime, is there a suitable way to prep my herb for the vape when it arrives, without a grinder? Scissors, tweezers, maybe hop a bus to a local headshop for a cheapie?

sChris

Account Closed
There are three corner shops within 200m of my house that sell cheap plastic grinders, not great but very handy if you loose one. but as you say you can use scissors quite easily. You may be over thinking it all a little bit :)... relax and enjoy your new toys when they arrive!

sChris,

HD Springer

@sanman Try the @stickstones evo whole nugg method. I'm a big believer in the different types of tastes/highs you can get just by changing heat and other prepping methods. Also jump on that thread and search a few pages. You're grabbing one of the top end plug ins on the market so good choice for sure. I think your gonna fall in love That's what I think. Let us know. Good luck and welcome to FC. This place is fucking awesome!!!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Smell shouldn't be too much of an issue even if you live in an apartment. I used my vaporizers in hotels with no problems. Pop a little popcorn that even would cover up any smell. The smell disapates pretty fast.

The EVO would be an excellent choice. I've been thinking of getting me one. It looks and sounds like it's a heavy hitter. I've read through some of the thread. I would buy the glass piece that comes with it which makes the cost quite high. I was thinking about buying one for 4/20. I am saving up right now for my next vaporizer.

Just read up on any unit that you are interested in. Good luck and a warm welcome to all the new FCers out there. Welcome @sanman.

It's always a touch choice investing in that kind of money but there are a lot of folks that really love their EVO.

Eventually you may want to buy a portable too. It's good to have 2 vaporizers, one for home and one for away. You never know when one might not work so you have a backup. The Solo would be a good companion to the EVO IMO.

Last edited:

sanman

Tried my vape. Waiting on the grinder still.
Any other suggestions, tips? Maybe I can use a funnel to transfer the ground cannabis into the Evo piece? I don't think I need to store any ground cannabis, because I'll grind what I need and I'll use what I got before grinding another strain (or combine).
Also, having trouble figuring out temperature and when it's "spent". Do I turn the knob low to get certain effects and then higher later, or do high the first time always? And what about adding more material on top? Confusing. Maybe rather than messing with multiple levels, just choose one? Just interested how I can do lower temps and add fresh on top. Any good reason to get a tray or something? Once I get my grinder, I feel like I should have a funnel and tray, maybe even a spoon or brush.
I can't taste much from the vapor. I could taste the smoke when I used a glass pipe with a Bic or a friend's bubbler. @HD-Springer I can't find what whole nugg method you're referring to. Forum searching on FC seems to have a learning curve. I nipped some pieces off and put them in my Evo last night; my tweezers are sticky now. Looking forward to tips (yeah I'm trying to find it all).

As for storage, I've heard of those vault things. I'm using new purple-glass mason jars, though they feel a bit big for the amount of each strain I put in. Considering a hygrometer.
Apartment's been messy so I'm trying to be careful with this unit until I organize. As far as drying the glass piece, just tip most of the water out, not worry about any droplets?
Good stuff, good stuff. Got some edibles now, but can't make my own for fear of odor. Hoping to use this all as a good health tool, wield it rather than succumb to it as a vice or overuse it more than I planned to rely on. I've been dreaming! Lucid and non. Still have some sleeplessness (unsure which nights I was on cannabis tho) waking up 3am maybe due to sugar (munchies) and stress. Deep breaths. I avoid sativa because I'm naturally energetic and function better sedated, and I'd guess that coming off a drug gives opposite effects, so would rather gain the opposite of sedation. Sedation is rest and I think sativa would be bad going up or down. My paranoid anxious thoughts about social things such as a girl at work leave my head when high and it comes back as I think through all my paranoia (somewhat) logically. It's good. Best not to think at all and enjoy next time I see her, as I'm sure she feels the same way. Damn it until then, I'm taking another hit. <3 Evo

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Just pop a whole nug in the ELB, take a couple hits like that.. Epic flavor (God damn, it's so good out of the DBV and Solo, I can't even imagine how amazing those first two draws must taste out of the all glass EVO.!!

:drool:
The EVO is an amazing extraction device, no need to grind.

Then you can simply use a Stir Tool to break up after your first two hits of bliss.

I'm a big fan of using Tweezers to break up my loads.
Plucking Calyx by Calyx , pluck, and directly into the basket.

Hope to see you stick around, this Community is amazing.

Welcome to FUCKCOMBUSTION!!
:D

sanman

Get like some sort of non-static tray, use fingers and tweezers to shred a bit, maybe also a funnel?
These tweezers hold all the best sticky stuff which sucks. Maybe try some other tweezers, but my idea of a tray and funnel, no?

Haha looks like after ordering my SCS that went back in stock, they refunded my purchase shortly after. I'm gonna just... whether or not the verdict is to get a grinder, I'm curious if they're computer system made a fluke that won't be corrected?? Maybe they cancelled the order... which happens due to my billing apt# being different than shipping#.
But yeah maybe I'll figure some of this out on my own but look forward to following up someday to iron out details.

sanman,
Top Bottom