Buying silicon whips

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrNick420

I am looking to get about 10 maybe 15 feet of whip tubing for various vapes. All my tubing I threw out becaues no matter how much you clean it, there's not getting around it 's old and gross and smells and tastes awful. It's time for new tube.

Where's the cheapest place to get under 20 feet of good tube?

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Silicone tubing ain't cheap...
But you can try this :
"Silicone tubing for coffee makers "

Non-toxic ,high-temp resistant tubing ...
( I use the 6 mm inner Dia. at my V-Tower .
Superb handling and feel ,oo smell or taste (no VOCs ) whatsoever
and very easy to clean
)

Few examples :

http://www.amazon.com/High-temperture-silicone-tubing-foot/product-reviews/B003SYSGVU

http://www.amazon.com/High-Temp-Gra..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1Y3ACDYRBRZQR5Z4199T

http://www.northernbrewer.com/3-8-id-silicone-high-temp-tubing

stardustsailor,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@max I just checked to see if their silicone is platinum cured, and it is....

This seems like a good place to purchase from.... if you live in the states anyway....

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
What are the most standard hose diameters?? I'm still confused by whip sizes haha

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: OF

AJS

Calm Consistency
What are the most standard hose diameters?? I'm still confused by whip sizes haha
mflb and vapman would be 1/4 inch I believe.
Aren't standard glass/wand silicones 18mm? Because they always seem to slide right over my 18mm adapters so I would imagine that's the size they are...

Maybe @DDave can chime in and tell us the sizing of his whips (your vaping whips, not the other whips we use when we're alone on Sundays in the dungeon...we don't talk about that).

Last edited:

DrNick420

For the record i have always got my tubing from 7th floor before. their shipping costs tend to be a little high so i was hoping i could do better for just tubing. i could measure the size of the 7th floor stuff.

DrNick420,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@DDave seems really quiet lately, I hope he is OK.....

As for the tubing, I use 6mm internal diameter, with 1.5mm wall thickness....

That's my preference, I found the ddave tube to be too wide for me...

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Sorry @DrNick420 but you ordered vinyl tube not silicone. Vinyl is what come sstock with the EQ & 7th floor vapes. Return it & get a silicone one that is 6' long & you will get 3-5 whips out of that as you do need to replace them.

Stevenski,
Reactions: DrNick420

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@DDave, glad to hear you OK, hope you had the good sort of life changing events....

I just couldn't handle your excessive and impressive gurth, maybe I shall call you dgurth..

throwawaytre3s

While not quite the solution you're looking for, @PuffItUp sells MFLB whips that I find perfect. I got one with the MFLB UFO I ordered through there (don't actually own an mflb though, it's super great, I can run all of my vapes through water without worrying about adapter sizes. That said, I prefer real pieces as opposed to my kitchen glass + UFO). I just move it from vape to vape as I use it, it isn't like you're using more than one at a time.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom