Buying My First Vape...how hard is the PD DIY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrathchild

Hi all,

First of all this is a great site. I've spent some time reading these forums to get some info on purchasing my first vape(which is good because i was a click away from getting a chinese knockoff for 40 bucks on ebay before i stumbled upon here)....I kept reading about the PD and how great it is..it seems to be the clear cut number 1 on here anyways...I didnt like the idea of waiting 15+ weeks, but i saw that the DIY kit is 150 bucks and no waitlist.....Im not an expert on this kind of stuff but i've built a pair of speakers which requires soldering, making crossovers(wires and resistors, etc..), Ive only worked with power on home sockets and circuit boards at school, i've got all the tools needed...I was just wondering if anyone has done this before?...what is the hardest part of the process?...How helpful are the videos?....or if anybody else can suggest another option for the same price..150ish..for a daily use vape for 1-2 people, i just dont want one of those big box contraptions....Any help would be appreciated, ive been an enjoyer for years now and have never vaporized before...i cant wait to dive in

*Edit* i think it really has come down to the Pandora or the Woodeez SS...they cost about the same and they look very similar in design....Is there enough of a difference in the PD that its worth it to build one?

wrathchild,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hello and welcome to FC. I'm not sure if any members have assembled a Pandora kit yet besides Tom himself LOL! They're new to the market and there is a 4 week wait or so (I have two on order :D ).

Knowing Tom I'm sure the DVD and instructions are very thorough and it sounds like you have a good knowledge of soldering, etc. More well-equipped than I am from the sound of things. I do know that you can order it, watch the DVD, read the instructions and return within a certain time frame if you decide the build is beyond your capabilities.

I bought one as a gift for a friend I know can handle the build and figure if I can't handle my own, he'll help me through the rough patches. I would also venture to guess that if struggling at a certain step someone here might be able to offer you some advice.

I personally LOVE my PD and wouldn't trade it for the world BUT if you feel you might not be able to handle the build and/or wait times... You may research the other vapes that are of a similar style such as the Myrtlezap or the Woodeez (?sp...it's a new one).

This style of vape is known most for how efficient it is at conserving while packing a nice punch, very easy to keep bits clean, very durable materials.

I personally am looking so forward to building my Pandora kit... husband thinks I'm nuts :)

Good luck!

Lo,

the electrician

wrathchild said:
*Edit* i think it really has come down to the Pandora or the Woodeez SS...they cost about the same and they look very similar in design....Is there enough of a difference in the PD that its worth it to build one?
depends a lot on if you enjoy making things or not id say

my first vaporizer was a vapor genie thinking about it. now they have the glass one out id say thats a fair option and pretty cheap at maybe $70, which is nice because its glass

the electrician,

wrathchild

Well.....I just ordered the Pandora kit....it'll be a fun challenge, hopefully not too hard, i didn't know it was so new, i guess we'll be seeing people review them in the next few weeks...and if not, i'll let you know how it goes

wrathchild,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
great man. i'll be looking forward to the review on the kit and your build.

SSS,

stinkmeaner

Check out the videos on youtube of the PD building process to get an idea of the parts and labor involved, they are interesting to watch.

stinkmeaner,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom