Buying glass from EU stores and makers

Radwin Bodnic

I made an unsuccessful search on the forum about "Avalanche" glassware, so I'm posting here.

avalanche-honey-bee-188-copie.jpg

Someone knows about them ?

It seems that they are selling only in Europe. Most of their retailers are in Germany and Switzerland…

They are on the scientific glass side and the glass look thick. 18.8mm (NS19/26) all the way !

They offer 3 interesting bubblers (fixed mouthpiece sadly…) and a few bongs and "hybrids" (bubblers with bong necks).

You can find them here and here

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I made an unsuccessful search on the forum about "Avalanche" glassware, so I'm posting here.

avalanche-honey-bee-188-copie.jpg

Someone knows about them ?

It seems that they are selling only in Europe. Most of their retailers are in Germany and Switzerland…

They are on the scientific glass side and the glass look thick. 18.8mm (NS19/26) all the way !

They offer 3 interesting bubblers (fixed mouthpiece sadly…) and a few bongs and "hybrids" (bubblers with bong necks).

You can find them here and here
That perc is wild. It looks like a honeycomb with a matrix on top? That seems like it would take a lot of water to cover it and I'm not totally sure how it is supposed to function.
Wish there was a video.

Maschine

I would like to add Plaisir a german family owned company.

This is why:
Some older German and EU based people maybe remember the glass work of Sasha Defort. In his younger years he was an apprentice at the manufactory for lab glass thus had special insights into glass handling, tempering and so on therefore later he imo made the best bongs ever! Sadly he got very ill and had to stop working a few years ago. But recently he has started to consult the people at Plaisir and passed some of his knowledge to them that`s why I would like to add Plaisir. They still miles away from the Defort glass works bongs, just compare the kick holes and the thickness of the joints for the down stems, but they improved over time and cost only a fraction of original Defort Bongs.
I have no relation to either company! I just loved the work of Sasha and glad his knowledge is not lost.

Last edited:

Maschine

Roor is another great company from Germany. A bit pricey, but great quality and great customer support!
100 % agree! There is almost no to minimal difference when it comes to the German high end glass companies. You get what you pay for at EHLE, RooR and G-Spot and they provide a great customer service e.g. they even repaired broken pieces if possible and worth it but not sure if they all did and still do. TBH I`m a bit sad for RooR that China and US companies do rip offs and even put the RooR logo on it.

rizlafreak

two dog star
Not to forget smile bongs.

and hurricane

again the bigger established german glassmakers Iam aware of:

Zenit
Ehle
roor
G-Spot
plaisir
smile
hurricane

Btw: As someone mentioned black leaf. It's just an importer and prints its logos on china glass.
They have a brand called blaze glass and it's a bit higher quality.
avalanche glass seems to be china made too.

Last edited:

cptofnthng

I think there are great Options for combustion but maybe not so great for vaporizing. I mean it starts with the diagonal intake of the bowl. Maybe it would be good to discuss single pieces here?

Piecho

I can share link to this shop in EU topic as well. So far only one seller of the dynavap glass tips with steams. For the people who want to get the best taste and easier cleaning.

Vaporshop.pl

rizlafreak

two dog star
I think there are great Options for combustion but maybe not so great for vaporizing. I mean it starts with the diagonal intake of the bowl. Maybe it would be good to discuss single pieces here?

zenit, Ehle, roor, g-spot make vaping and dabbing glass as well...
btw. a little bong can be handy, and I prefer it with the lotus.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

cptofnthng

Ive not seen glass advertised for vaping use much. The ehle pieces are boring i think. Maybe thick enough to provide some cooling, but boring.

cptofnthng,

rizlafreak

two dog star
I prefer clean classic looks over a overly decorated nonsense piece. bubblers are very fragile, that's why I haven't that much of them.
but for sure perfect for many vaping situations. And the Ehle cylinders shown, combined with lotus is my favorized way to vape atm.
i have the power tower made by ehle, mainly for stationary vaporizer; it's a beast: https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/ehle-power-tower-special-edition_1
they make quite some vaping stuff, maybe look twice. roor and g-spot have good stuff too. zenit has only very few and pricey stuff but still.
PS: I have the g-spot johnny dabb bubbler (24cm) and I think it will be a nice waterpiece for a ballvape... maybe I will get the smaller once too for an enail solution in the far future...
PPS: You can't compare the few makers with the crazyness over in United States ;)

Last edited:

cptofnthng

I prefer clean classic looks over a overly decorated nonsense piece. bubblers are very fragile, that's why I haven't that much of them.
but for sure perfect for many vaping situations. And the Ehle cylinders shown, combined with lotus is my favorized way to vape atm.

I prefer function over looks. @Shit Snacks wrote a nice summary of problems with vaping with glass that is made for smoking, i cant replicate it. The Ehle stuff is completely overpriced.

cptofnthng,

rizlafreak

two dog star
Iam excited what he wrote, still on the search for it.
I can just say, that i prefer a little bong over a bubbler with the lotus.
The 100ml without kickhole is intended to be used with oil etc too. Would not know why it was unsuited,
as it works just fine... other one I have, the 250ml bent cyl. with kickhole is a blast to vape - perfect size and function...
With a bubbler lotus is only half the fun. Maybe you should try it yourself.
The power tower special edition with the candy glass insert - boring? Function? It was made especially for vaping and people here love it a lot...

Ehle make their grinds themselves unlike (m)any other and very thick and solid and ultra precise.
Beeing overpriced might account to their online shop, but you can get most of it, cheaper in other shops, especially on sales they are really affordable. I only think roor is heavily overpriced from the 3 makers shown before in the video...

please show some pieces of any glass maker, that you favor. I'm curious.

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
The Ehle stuff is completely overpriced.
Imo the ehle power tower @KF51 Panther linked is reasonably priced and has great function. It's my favourite piece.
Unfortunately out of stock at moment.
I also have their awe V2 which is also a great ehle piece for not too much money

I like the functionality, ease of cleaning, modularity and European made. Much better than the cheaper pieces I've had from further afield.

Top Bottom