Butter Questions for Noobs & Intermediates

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have copious ABV and wanted to make one large batch of butter. The plan is to keep all the butter in "Ready to cook" form in the freezer to use as needed.

How long might I expect the active ingredients to stay active if frozen in butter and stored in the freezer?

Am I better off making small batches?
Due to it being kinda a chore for me to make, I prefer to make as much at once as possible...

Have you all found certain brands of butter to be better at absorbing ingredients, or should I just use whatever kind I prefer?

I like spreadable butter for snacks, but mostly will be used in coffee cakes and other baked goods.

FlyingLow,

KnotKnox

The active ingredients will last as long as the butter lasts assuming it isn't exposed to light or heat. In my opinion you're better off making one large batch since that's what you prefer. I can't speak about different butter brands, but coconut oil is better than butter and since you're mostly using it for baked goods you could spread it on them. I guess the best butter brand would be the one with the most fat.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have had really good luck making extraordinarily potent knock-out butter for my insomnia, is the process any different for making coconut oil or do I use the same low heat and slow cook method?

I may try a small batch of coconut oil, but honestly I just don't like coconut and I LOVE artery choking butter:shrug:

FlyingLow,

cptchronic

Yeah i second using coconut oil and it will last as long as the coconut oil will stay good. I've noticed over long periods of time (like months) it will lose some potency.

How much abv are you working with? If it's around 50 to 100 I would recommend getting a bottle of everclear and doing a long qwet wash . Then you will be able to gauge potency better because u will have oil to infuse instead of a shit ton of abv. And it'll allow you to use a lot less cocunut oil.

Yes you can make the butter the same way with coconut oil.

cptchronic,

KnotKnox

The recipe is pretty much identical to butter. If you don't like coconut try using refined coconut oil instead.

KnotKnox,

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
Ummmmm... So thanks to FC, I started collecting my ABV a couple of weeks ago - even though I had no idea what I would eventually do with it. @FlyingLow, what perfect timing! Thank you so much for bringing up this topic! If it is not too bothersome, could you post your recipe?

Much Gratitude! :)

Maitri,
Top Bottom