Butane issues / question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce48

I have an iolite which I just got back in October.

At home I use the large 300ML cans of butane with no issues--press down, it starts filling and then a short spray back tells me it is full.

I bought a small can of Calibri--3 oz--and it does not do anything when I insert the nozzle into the iolite--no sound at all.

I returned it for another can and same same---nothing going on.

I then bought a different brand--this time Lucienne--small can about the same size as the Colibri--same same--nothing going on.

The back of the Lucienne can says:
"...if there are problems re-fueling make sure you have the correct butane cannister nozzle attached".

I did notice that inside the cap of the large cans there are 5 nozzles attached via a plastic break away punch out.

Both of the little cans have the same red plastic nozzle while the large cans have a metal nozzle.

I tried the nozzles by snapping them on top of the red plastic nozzle but they do not fit into the iolite fill up area--one thin nozzle did fit but sprayed gas all over as it would not seat properly.

I thought maybe I could remove the red plastic default nozzle on the small cans and replace it with a nozzle from the larger cans but the plastic nozzles wont budge.

Any suggestions?

bruce48,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I use those same small colibri cans too mostly because they are a great travel size. Vector at home and Colibri on the go for me.

I have found that I need to seat the nozzle and then really a firm push down/hold is needed to start filling the Iolite. First time I tried I thought the cans didn't work either. Then I realized I wasn't pushing it down enough to dispense. I don't use any of the little plastic bits, just the standard nozzle on the cans.

Good luck!

Lo,

nr-cole

I'll offer the same advice as Lo. I use London brand, which is either produced by the same people or even the same product as Colibri under a different name, and I have to push down much harder than feels necessary to get it to work properly. If you're used to a can which works by pressing lightly, I can see why the can might seem to not be working.

nr-cole,

bruce48

Yes, that did it.
Yeah, the little ones can fit in your jacket breast pocket while the IO is in another pocket.
I hacked a diet pepsi medium sized cup which fits my IO perfectly with some inside support and a long tube and I can go shopping at Costco sipping away at my "diet pepsi".

I really had to push it down, maybe 2/3x more pressure than the big cans and it worked just as you guys said it would.
My gratitude speaks,
thanks!

bruce48,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom