Brownie hangover??

hellrazr72

Sorry if this topic has been posted already. I made my first batch of brownies the other day. I have never eaten brownies before, but have smoked for years. I used 20 grams of "duff" to make my oil. I ate one average sized brownie and was wasted for like 10 hours!!:ko: I think I made them WAY too potent!! LOL!! Today I feel "hungover"....nautious....and basically like shit. Im sure this is from my body detoxing....but how long will this shitty feeling last?? I've been pounding water to try and flush my system out. Any comments are appreciated. THX!

hellrazr72,

hellrazr72

It wasnt the highest i've ever been.....but it was a different buzz and very intense. It was for sure the longest i've ever been high. I will say I had much better pain relief from eating rather than vaping. I have chronic back pain from a motorcycle accident....so that was a bonus!! This is day two and still feeling kinda crappy....but I am feeling better today than yesterday.

hellrazr72,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@hellrazr72 How many brownies did you make for that 20g batch?

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

GreenLeaf

Did you get a psychedelic experience at all? Or was it all just mainly CBD/CBN and pain relief and a body buzz since it was duff/ABV and the THC had been vaped?

You're probably still mildly high. Friends of mine only eat herb and apparently they make very strong desserts so the experience lasts for days for them.

GreenLeaf,

luchiano

It's probably due to low blood sugar especially if the brownie was potent. Just eat foods that keep your blood sugar constantly flowing like oatmeal, beans and a host of others all day until your energy comes back.

I think a brownie is not a good choice for eating cannabis because they don't have fiber to keep your blood sugar from going to high and then crashing(hypoglycemia) which brings about negative things in the high like being extremely lethargic, thirsty, paranoia and blacking out.

Like I tell everyone just eat some abv with some nuts, seeds or avocado and your good to go. No need to make a brownie and they will prevent the probelms that are associated with cannabis because they are high in fiber, complex carbs, fats and minerals which help the body replenish not drain it. If you don't like the taste of the abv just wash it down with some orange or grape juice(which enhances the high especially if you drink it everyday) after you eat these foods.

luchiano,

luchiano

GreenLeaf said:
Did you get a psychedelic experience at all? Or was it all just mainly CBD/CBN and pain relief and a body buzz since it was duff/ABV and the THC had been vaped?

You're probably still mildly high. Friends of mine only eat herb and apparently they make very strong desserts so the experience lasts for days for them.
Chances are it wasn't cbd/cbn if he vaped the herb already but it was beta-carophylene which is good for the immune system and helps one relax.

Beta-carophlyene vapes at around 450f while other cannabinoids vape way lower so that's why I stated it wasn't most likely cbd/cbn BUT depending on the temps that are vaped some of the thc will degrade into cbn and so some may be in the abv but again that depends on the temperature that the herb was vaped at.

luchiano,

GreenLeaf

luchiano said:
It's probably due to low blood sugar especially if the brownie was potent. Just eat foods that keep your blood sugar constantly flowing like oatmeal, beans and a host of others all day until your energy comes back.

I think a brownie is not a good choice for eating cannabis because they don't have fiber to keep your blood sugar from going to high and then crashing(hypoglycemia) which brings about negative things in the high like being extremely lethargic, thirsty, paranoia and blacking out.

Like I tell everyone just eat some abv with some nuts, seeds or avocado and your good to go. No need to make a brownie and they will prevent the probelms that are associated with cannabis because they are high in fiber, complex carbs, fats and minerals which help the body replenish not drain it. If you don't like the taste of the abv just wash it down with some orange or grape juice(which enhances the high especially if you drink it everyday) after you eat these foods.
Why not just make brownies with nuts?

GreenLeaf,

luchiano

GreenLeaf said:
luchiano said:

Why not just make brownies with nuts?
You could but will it really be a brownie?

You have to remember you have to eat at least an ounce to see the positive not just have a few in there.

What will help is putting some psylium husk in it but that is just for the fiber not ther other things but it will still help with slowing down the absorption and preventing the crash or hangover. I don't know how the brownie will taste probably the same because psyllium husk is mild in taste but it holds moisture well so it might may make the brownie moist which is a good thing. Try it out and see but get the powdered kind to make sure it is evenly distributed in the brownie.

BTW, psyllium husk is good for ibs and has been shown to prevent a lot of the problems so that will be good for you if you have intestinal problems and want to eat herb.

luchiano,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
hey luchiano, how much ABV would you eat with avocado for example to get a good, lasting high? I'm allergic to most raw nuts so that is sort of out of the question. But for the hassle of baking, I wouldn't mind trying this. Besides, avocado is very good for you and tastes pretty awesome!

Btw, I realize different amounts for different people... but from your personal experience, are we talking 1-2g at once or like 7g of abv...

mattybass,

hellrazr72

To Tdavie: I got 9 good sized brownies out of a 13x9 pan.

To luchiano: Thank you for your info. It was very helpful to me.

hellrazr72,

luchiano

mattybass said:
hey luchiano, how much ABV would you eat with avocado for example to get a good, lasting high? I'm allergic to most raw nuts so that is sort of out of the question. But for the hassle of baking, I wouldn't mind trying this. Besides, avocado is very good for you and tastes pretty awesome!

Btw, I realize different amounts for different people... but from your personal experience, are we talking 1-2g at once or like 7g of abv...
mattybass said:

I would use around 3 grams but it really depends on how potent the herb is.

As far as being allergic to nuts, you can also use seeds. Hemp seeds are good.

If you use the avocado you don't have to cook with it. Just make a salsa or just take some freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix it with the avocado and abc and use the mash like mayonaise on a sandwhich .

If you want a good effect making a salsa with the lemon juice, avocado and abv and letting it sit for 15-30 minutes and eating it with some chips is a good way to eat a good healthy meal and get nice. Also the munchies won't be bad because you have a good amount of fiber from the food that will fill you up.

BTW avocado enhances the absorption of nutrients so eating it with herb in other dishes is a good way to get nutrients out of your food especially raw food like salads if you don't like nuts or seeds and want a better form of oil than straight up like vegetable or animal fat.

luchiano,

luchiano

hellrazr72 said:
To Tdavie: I got 9 good sized brownies out of a 13x9 pan.

To luchiano: Thank you for your info. It was very helpful to me.
No problem!

luchiano,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hmmmm, I made a batch of brownies with about 14.5g of ABV. I think I got 16 brownies total out of that batch. Results were mixed. I could eat 2-4 of them and get nice. Just about every other one of my buddies ate 1/2 to a whole one and were blazed.
Fuggin tolerance...

My swampwater took me to a much different level (see 'White Knuckle') so maybe I shouldnt bitch about getting only mellowed as opposed to smash-rizzled.

AGBeer,

luchiano

Mods forgive me for making a new post on the same subject from another post but I can't edit from my itouch for some reason.

I forgot to mention that I would ingest the abv with some food after every session and that isn't that much around .25 grams and the reason why I mentioned 3 grams is to get REALLY NICE on special occasions or on the weekends.

Don't forget to drink some orange or grape juice with the meal and also during being blazed to get more absorption of the nutrients including the cannabinoids and to enhance the high

luchiano,

SmoothVape

I make muffins about once every 2 months. First I let the weed soak in the butter bain marie style (water bath) for 2 hours. The amount of weed in the butter is 1/10. Each muffin has exactly 1 gram of the best weed the Netherlands has to offer, which is pretty good stuff :o

I eat only 1 tiny muffin but it kicks my ass every time. Usually I make sure my stomach is empty which works best. It's not necessary but I guess I like to get my ass kicked haha.

SmoothVape,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I've now got about 28g ABV stashed up, but didn't want the results (however I use it in cooking) to be too weak. Being too strong is not a big problem though.

So I made 4x0.25g firecrackers ate ate those about 3 hours after eating Indian chickpeas for dinner. Took about 72 minutes to kick in. A very brief head/Sativa high which peaked at around 84-86 minutes followed by a very strong body high which kept getting stronger until about 120 minutes when I just fell asleep playing Fallout 3 at the Xbox360. Woke up at 300 minutes(?) very thirsty. Finally woke up at 600 minutes and felt 'mildly buzzed' until 840 minutes (14 hours) when I officially called myself norml :)

Some previous non ABV edibles I had would give a very precise 8 hour buzz of which 4-5 hours were a cerebral/Sativa high.

Tom

tdavie,

baurman

Hellrazr, can you post the recipe you used to make your brownies? I have close to 20g saved up but I always thought I had to save up to a little more than an ounce to use to make potent brownies. If 20g is enough for potent brownies then I should just go for it when I reach it!

baurman,

luchiano

It depends on what temps you vape at and how strong your herb is but just start at .25 of a gram to see what you're working with. Remember to eat at least an ounce to get the full effect from the nuts and also drink some orange or grape juice to enhance the effects(more of a high less of a stone but depending on the herb). If you drink the juices daily it will really enhance your herb experience with vaping or eating. If you really want to get the most out of your herb drink at least 3 cups of green tea, different fruit juices(real not artificially flavored), and 3 cups of black tea everyday at different times in the day while also moving(walking or running and not just sitting around) and you will love the high you get from herb as well as not needing as much as you normally do to get real nice. Even when you're relaxed you won't feel lazy. You will also be benefitting your health so that's a plus.

luchiano,
Top Bottom