Brought a Volcano, not really happy with it, would like advice on options?

force544

Apologies for wall of text...

Some background... I bought a £80 flowermate v5.0s about a year ago, tried it out, didn't really like it as it was quite harsh when toking so set it aside and went back to smoking joints... due to health issues I really need to switch over to vaping and tried the flowermate out again after a 2 day break of smoking up and found it much better at keeping me high all eve, though still quite harsh when toking...

To that end I started mass watching reviews for vapes I had heard about on youtube, then decided on volcano classic easy valve since most agreed it was the best desktop vape... but since getting it... though I do like the smoothness of the pulls from bags you can get when done right.... I've been less than impressed overall.

- When I put an amount that would get me nicely stoned in the volcano easy valve normal chamber it takes so many bags to actually vape the herb completely and the vapour it produces is quite shit.

- When I use the reducer filling chamber, the vapour is better but it still takes a lot of bags to completely vape the herb and get me stoned, to the degree that it feels like work to do so.

After some more research I found that maybe I should of gone for the solid valve set as the chamber has a plunger to keep the herb in place which works better for small amounts while maintaining high surface area for convection which should help me to get ripped off smaller amounts of herbs in 1 sitting taking alot less time...

My Questions would be:

-- My ideal vaping habit would be: Get shit done for day > get ripped > keep high rolling by taking quick pulls occasionally during eve (much like what I can do with a flowermate)> get ripped again before bed to help sleep. Bearing that in mind...

1. The solid valve + bags will cost me another 45 odd quid, I've already spent about £420 so far on both vaporizers and I don't really want to waste any more money.... will the solid valve likely resolve the issues I have with the volcano?

2. I am also hating the heat up time and bag fill time of volcano (honestly didn't think it would annoy me but it does and it really doesn't help when I want to quickly keep my high rolling all eve)... so even if the solid valve helps, would it be better to cut my losses, flog volcano on ebay or something and then use the money I save from not getting solid valve/ selling volcano to buy another vaporizer given that there might be one that can do everything I want in 1?

3. If I did cut my losses, I was considering getting a Plenty/Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 before going with volcano originally, would they be the best option for me?? I've had a look on these forums and I see the solo 2/ pax 2/ tubo mentioned a lot but my experience with the flowermate kind of leads me to shy away from anything thats direct draw(?), I really hate getting hot vaped herb debris hitting the back of my throat when inhaling which happens regularly with flowermate and that was the main driving reason I went for a bag vape system originally...

-- I don't really have a price limit, though after spending 400+ already i'm obviously not keen on spending anything more than is necessary at this point...

Sorry if the post is a bit of a mess/confusing!

force544,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As someone who used a volcano daily for many years, I would get a Mighty! I find the bag style kind of a waste of time when you could be doing a direct draw and save a bunch of time. Never used a Flowermate but most direct draw vaporizers are designed to not get material in your mouth. It's never really been a problem with any of my vaporizers. Actually the only vape I own that I've ever really got shit in my mouth from was the volcano classic with solid valve! :D

invertedisdead,

Baron23

Apologies for wall of text...

Some background... I bought a £80 flowermate v5.0s about a year ago, tried it out, didn't really like it as it was quite harsh when toking so set it aside and went back to smoking joints... due to health issues I really need to switch over to vaping and tried the flowermate out again after a 2 day break of smoking up and found it much better at keeping me high all eve, though still quite harsh when toking...

To that end I started mass watching reviews for vapes I had heard about on youtube, then decided on volcano classic easy valve since most agreed it was the best desktop vape... but since getting it... though I do like the smoothness of the pulls from bags you can get when done right.... I've been less than impressed overall.

- When I put an amount that would get me nicely stoned in the volcano easy valve normal chamber it takes so many bags to actually vape the herb completely and the vapour it produces is quite shit.

- When I use the reducer filling chamber, the vapour is better but it still takes a lot of bags to completely vape the herb and get me stoned, to the degree that it feels like work to do so.

After some more research I found that maybe I should of gone for the solid valve set as the chamber has a plunger to keep the herb in place which works better for small amounts while maintaining high surface area for convection which should help me to get ripped off smaller amounts of herbs in 1 sitting taking alot less time...

My Questions would be:

-- My ideal vaping habit would be: Get shit done for day > get ripped > keep high rolling by taking quick pulls occasionally during eve (much like what I can do with a flowermate)> get ripped again before bed to help sleep. Bearing that in mind...

1. The solid valve + bags will cost me another 45 odd quid, I've already spent about £420 so far on both vaporizers and I don't really want to waste any more money.... will the solid valve likely resolve the issues I have with the volcano?

2. I am also hating the heat up time and bag fill time of volcano (honestly didn't think it would annoy me but it does and it really doesn't help when I want to quickly keep my high rolling all eve)... so even if the solid valve helps, would it be better to cut my losses, flog volcano on ebay or something and then use the money I save from not getting solid valve/ selling volcano to buy another vaporizer given that there might be one that can do everything I want in 1?

3. If I did cut my losses, I was considering getting a Plenty/Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 before going with volcano originally, would they be the best option for me?? I've had a look on these forums and I see the solo 2/ pax 2/ tubo mentioned a lot but my experience with the flowermate kind of leads me to shy away from anything thats direct draw(?), I really hate getting hot vaped herb debris hitting the back of my throat when inhaling which happens regularly with flowermate and that was the main driving reason I went for a bag vape system originally...

-- I don't really have a price limit, though after spending 400+ already i'm obviously not keen on spending anything more than is necessary at this point...

Sorry if the post is a bit of a mess/confusing!

For smaller loads, put the liquid pad on top of your herb in your Easy Valve chamber.

I can't help you with hating the heating and filling time....nature of the beast.

However, I wonder at you thinking the vapor is crap. I find the Volcano to produce excellent vapor (of course this is all very dependent on the quality of the weed you are vaping). I run at 385 generally and get nice thick bags.

What I like about the Volcano is sort of what you say you are looking for. A vape I can hit a bit and set the load aside for later. The Volcano is a pure convection vape so when the fan is not on, your herb doesn't keep cooking.

Your FM, on the other hand, will not do so well in this regard as it continues to cook your herb when cooling down and reheating for later session.

When I really want to get sedated well, I will crank the Cano up to 427 or so (mines a Digit but you can approximate). I also do this when running the Canno with reduced chamber, dosing capsule, and a nice herb/shatter sandwich. High temps, very thick vapor.

I own some other vapes and in particular the Mighty which I love a lot. But still, 90 seconds or so heat up time and its a hybrid conduction/convection vape so I tend to kill what I put in it. On the other hand, you can put your smaller load directly into the oven with a liquid pad on top and it will work well, IME.

Good luck.

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
For ex smokers it's best to crank the dial up to max and keep it there for the transition phase
Don't think the solid valve makes much a difference, as mentioned above a liquid pad on top (or a screen) helps for regular chamber - with the reducer the same thing (eg mighty/crafty pads fit without capsule)
I also started with a flowermate, then a vaponic then a cano...
If u just want something different, really cheap and don't mind butane torches and a little learning curve the vaponic is the most joint like experience imo

Used2use,
Top Bottom