Brilliant Cut Grinder

Buzzkill361

Good Vibes Tribe
Got my factory 2nd SS in. Only blemish is a mark on the very bottom everything else is flawless. Really not a big deal as I will hardly ever even see it. I had a feeling when ordering that it would be a little more obvious of a blemish compared to my previous Al factory 2nd. Worth it to skip the line and get it a little cheaper.

AndyO

Got my factory 2nd SS in. Only blemish is a mark on the very bottom everything else is flawless. Really not a big deal as I will hardly ever even see it. I had a feeling when ordering that it would be a little more obvious of a blemish compared to my previous Al factory 2nd. Worth it to skip the line and get it a little cheaper.

How long ago was the SS factory second available? I've been keeping an eye on it for a while now.

AndyO

I keep seeing stainless seconds, putting one in my cart, cogitating on it, and then deciding paying down the dental bill is probably a better plan. The wise move is starting to weaken...

$50(CAD) postage is what turned me off. I know it's a heavy grinder, but that's a really prohibitive shipping cost, I could get another OMD for that price.

AndyO,

budski

cantre member
I did the same thing twice. But then I look at that ugly bottom. I'll wait for the gem cut bottom and pay full price I guess.
ditto, I'd love to see the gem cut wrap around the side of the top and bottom to give better grip to chew thru dense sticky nugs! makes me lean towards an Aroma3

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
ditto, I'd love to see the gem cut wrap around the side of the top and bottom to give better grip to chew thru dense sticky nugs! makes me lean towards an Aroma3
I believe the non-SS BCGs still have the gem cut on both sides. I remember they talked about changing that but I don't think they did. All 3 of mine have the brilliant cut bottoms and it is ergonomically great.

Grass Yes,

budski

cantre member
I meant for the gemcut to give shape and texture to the SIDES of the grinder for twisting grip, as well as top and bottom!

budski,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I remember they talked about changing that but I don't think they did.

Yeah, I think there was a customer backlash. I know I grabbed a couple more seconds with the faceted bottom as I stated I did not intend to buy one without. I’m sure that the flat bottom would significantly reduce processing time and effort, and might have a nice impact on price, but the faceted aluminum surface just feels so good in your hand, it really is worth the price and effort IMO.

Timps27,
Reactions: Grass Yes
Top Bottom