Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Consensus seems to be it’s worth the $$$. Has anyone heard if they are having 420 sales?

Also, is it worth getting a coarse plate? I know some vapes do better with coarse grind, but with my cheap grinders it’s never been an option.

Yeah they do sales all the time, I guess you just missed one such sale, but there will be another around the corner yeah! Only a small discount, but it offsets tax/shipping costs

That is up to you, what you want to get exactly, some vapes do better with fine grind, most do well with either, just depends on what you want exactly... Medium would cover the most bases, sometimes it can be coarse depending how you load and use it, and you can get more fine if you grind upside down... I started with the fine plate though and that was right for me, but I do use my medium a lot! Coarse is more of a rare use (it has different teeth aside from the larger holes in a different pattern as well)

ChooChooCharlie

Just received this "factory second" large coarse, dressed in S&B wannabe colors

I must be blind -- don't see anything wrong with it

BCG-factory-seconds-large-coarse.jpg

Shit Snacks

must be blind -- don't see anything wrong with it

Haha yeah it is usually very minor, often it is variations in the colors themselves, so unless you have another of the same color, you cannot even really compare to see the difference lol occasionally it could be a little scuff or tooling mark, yeah typically hard to find the flaws! Definitely the best deal imo

AndyO

Which size grind do people recommend for my Anvil/Dynavaps?

Also, do they ever have factory seconds stainless? Despite them not making clear what the seconds are I'm assuming they're aluminium.

Last edited:
AndyO,

vink

I just ordered one medium grinder and now I am stressing out about those aluminium flaking stories. Is it just old stories or it’s still happening? I find SS grinder to be way too pricy for me as the aluminum one is already a bit much…

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It’s overblown to begin with. The anodizing fades on high wear locations, but having owned 7 with 4 in current rotation, I’ve never seen any “dust” and am completely nonplussed by the topic.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I just ordered one medium grinder and now I am stressing out about those aluminium flaking stories. Is it just old stories or it’s still happening? I find SS grinder to be way too pricy for me as the aluminum one is already a bit much…
Curious, did you read the stories before or after you ordered? You’ll find stories on both sides of this discussion.

CanikUser19,

vink

Curious, did you read the stories before or after you ordered? You’ll find stories on both sides of this discussion.
Before and after. I am just thinking I spend way too much money on all these things and my mind is telling me to spend more on stainless for safety and on the other side I am like I have used aluminum grinder for nearly 30 years ;)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Before and after. I am just thinking I spend way too much money on all these things and my mind is telling me to spend more on stainless for safety and on the other side I am like I have used aluminum grinder for nearly 30 years ;)
I have one (anodized aluminum) in daily use for 18 months, it shows slight wear on the center post. Nothing like flaking or chipping. I don't have any fears about it.

Shit Snacks

I'm wondering if my original aquamarine regular fine BCG needs a new washer thing? Feels like it is more worn out, flattened out, it almost feels like parts could be scraping when I am grinding now?? But I'm not sure if that is possible, what I am noticing exactly, but it definitely does not feel as smooth as it used to or as the others do, not sure exactly

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: cosimo

Timps27

I’ve always wondered as it seems the only intentionally perishable part, how long before one might consider replacing. How long have you had it?

Shit Snacks

I’ve always wondered as it seems the only intentionally perishable part, how long before one might consider replacing. How long have you had it?

Yes I had someone else here mentioning they had replaced it I think? I am not 100% sure how long it has been now, pandemic years, I got it a bit before so probably now over five years? Actually likely more

GratefulDread

I wondered about that too, so when I ordered mine (large aluminum) I asked for an extra o-ring so I could compare them occasionally and monitor any degradation.
I've only had my grinder since May 2023 so it might be too soon to notice, but I switched over to the fresh one recently just to check and I didn't notice a difference at all, so I switched back. 🤷‍♂️
Definitely curious about long term usage.

Timps27

I once looked up the price of a Pagani Huayra, at $3.4 million it shocked me, but I can’t say it offended me. I’m consistently bemused at the things people take offense to.

gez137

ss herb ripper
I actually went on their site for the first time in ages and noticed they're saying they've upgraded it.

Anyone happen to have bought/used an upgraded one lately??

Not directed at you was just asking in general to anyone on the forum.

gez137,

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Looking at replacing my Flower Mill, but looking at the price of a SS BCG with all 3 plates is almost $500 I am honestly offended.
Don't get a large and all three plates and save some money? Medium should work for most use cases and would be $135 USD in the standard size. The most expensive SS option is $310 USD in large with 3 plates...not sure where $500 is coming from?

Save 15% with coupon code BCG420

Top Bottom