Brilliant Cut Grinder

cosimo

My matte-large-stainless made it in a couple of days ago, super nice and perfectly machined. That top piece is friggin heavy though, solid steel. The whole thing is unnecessarily heavy but I'm not really complaining it stays at home. Time to gift my aluminum one
from what you seen so far, do you think the matte surface will make resin stick more easily than the polished one?

cosimo,

Buzzkill361

Good Vibes Tribe
Just grabbed a factory 2nd. Had to quit for awhile due to work but glad there was some in stock when the time came to get another. Best grinders I’ve ever used and the last piece I’m waiting on to get back up and running.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Okay, my BCG (large, medium grind) is just about 2-1/2 yrs old, I use it about half of the time, other time goes to the OMD.
I guess the BCG has had close to 3 pounds through it in this time.
I've been thinking it seems like it's getting a little dull, and bogging down with some dank stuff.
Last night I pulled out a coarse grind plate that I had purchased a long time ago, I guess at the time I didn't like it for the Hoppers I was using.

I can feel the easier grinding, due to both sharper teeth and larger holes. The coarse grind is working great in the Bowle!

Mainly I wanted to ring in here with this news, that simply replacing the grind plate (maybe with a factory second?) is a cost effective way to substantially improve an older grinder.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
And here I always thought the plural was about how long one could expect them to last, not something you NEED multiples of to be realized.

Bologna,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If @vapviking 's estimate is anywhere near accurate, does it seem odd to anyone that grinding 3 pounds of buds over a couple years would tend to reduce the sharpness of the plate? My kitchen carving knives need sharpening more often than that and they probably are getting a lot less use.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The only fair test, would be an old grinder, versus new grinder, identical type plates new/old, same flower, same amount ….

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: redspawn

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The only fair test, would be an old grinder, versus new grinder, identical type plates new/old, same flower, same amount ….
Right, because then you're replacing both grinding surfaces. I suppose you could reuse the same bottom because it's not grinding.

Cdwhit

I’m still using cheap grinders. Is there enough difference in the top end grinders to spend that much, or is it a small improvement for a large price?

Cdwhit,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was not a believer in spending money on high quality grinders until I got my brilliant cut. After I got it, I started buying them for my brother and friends because it made that dramatic a difference to me. I've been buying seconds, and I can hardly tell their seconds. It may be due to the extra mass in the top, but I have much less trouble turning the grinder which makes my wrists happy!

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Also make sure the old BCG is thoroughly cleaned. After a few months of pushing the stickiest of icks through my BCG’s are usually hard to turn and definitely don’t feel as sharp. But a good soak in ISO and they cut like brand new from my experience. :2c:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’m still using cheap grinders. Is there enough difference in the top end grinders to spend that much, or is it a small improvement for a large price?

You might find more broad info in the general herb grinders thread, people ask this a lot, as many of us upgraded this way... Of course it depends on the grinder and what you are coming from, in particular since we are in the BCG thread, it uses very high grade aluminum or stainless steel, with pretty colors and design, also no threading only using magnets, different plates for grind consistency (convenient to grind upside down for more control too) and finally my favorite feature: side teeth in the lid so it never jams up... Would never go back to my old grinders that I used to rely on before

are there any plans in the works for a 4 piece from BCG

They actually had one briefly, it was not very popular, it had been requested, but it didn't have a lot of the features of the actual BCG... Not sure if they are planning to revisit? There was also talk of another steel version that is encased in aluminum... There are more four piece style that I've been shared in the general herb grinders thread, but personally I would only use a three-piece (no reason to separate keif in each grind combined imo)

2tiki

I got a very used one as a gift from a friend when they ordered the larger one.

I am never going back to cheap grinders. The main improvements to me are the massive amount of time saved by almost never bothering to clean it. With cheap grinders they would get gunked up so fast that I was cleaning it every week or I couldn't turn it to grind. With the BCC, I've been using it for months and it just is maybe 10 % harder to turn than when it was freshly cleaned.

And the overall user experience is nicer. I hated the threads on the cheap grinders. They would get sticky, and problematic. No threads to deal with on the BCG.

If for any reason I need to replace this one my friend gave me after he put an insane amount of herb through it for years before I got it, I can't imagine getting anything other than a BCG, unless something better comes out by then.

bellona0544

I got a very used one as a gift from a friend when they ordered the larger one.

I am never going back to cheap grinders. The main improvements to me are the massive amount of time saved by almost never bothering to clean it. With cheap grinders they would get gunked up so fast that I was cleaning it every week or I couldn't turn it to grind. With the BCC, I've been using it for months and it just is maybe 10 % harder to turn than when it was freshly cleaned.

And the overall user experience is nicer. I hated the threads on the cheap grinders. They would get sticky, and problematic. No threads to deal with on the BCG.

If for any reason I need to replace this one my friend gave me after he put an insane amount of herb through it for years before I got it, I can't imagine getting anything other than a BCG, unless something better comes out by then.
Agreed to all of this. I got an aluminum BCG about two months ago, and I can't imagine going back. I've run maybe three ounces or so through in that time, and it still works like new. I used to have to at least brush the teeth on my old cheap grinder after every half-ounce or so, and even super sticky herb just falls off the teeth of my BCG. Plus you can get it in fun colors so I have a bisexual flag grinder!

Cdwhit

Consensus seems to be it’s worth the $$$. Has anyone heard if they are having 420 sales?

Also, is it worth getting a coarse plate? I know some vapes do better with coarse grind, but with my cheap grinders it’s never been an option.

Cdwhit,
Reactions: cosimo
Top Bottom