Brilliant Cut Grinder

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The website on the side of the box is fake... should be grindersforlife.com.

Animation Magnify GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

BiPolarBear

The website on the side of the box is fake... should be grindersforlife.com.
Uggh. Well this model was coming out for testing and feedback in Feb. 2022. Maybe it's one of those old ones? Has grindersforlife.com always been their website? It's still FAR better than the CHEECH one I was using. Lost my Santa Cruz and been wanting a BCG for over 2 years. GFL reached out and is sending me a REAL one! Can't believe it. Onyx, regular size, fine plate, on the house and they are shutting these guys down.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Uggh. Well this model was coming out for testing and feedback in Feb. 2022. Maybe it's one of those old ones? Has grindersforlife.com always been their website? It's still FAR better than the CHEECH one I was using. Lost my Santa Cruz and been wanting a BCG for over 2 years. GFL reached out and is sending me a REAL one! Can't believe it. Onyx, regular size, fine plate, on the house and they are shutting these guys down.
Yes - website has been grindersforlife.com since the launch. My experiences with customer support have always been prompt, friendly and helpful.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It’s a good fake, the bottom was the only part of the grinder itself that tipped me off.

Timps27,

Socks And Sandals

So no real advantage other than it being heavier, having the premise of lasting longer, and not having to worry about chipped paint in our herb? Hell, I already bought a large aluminum last year with all 3 plates and always wanted a 2nd grinder so I can have one for sativa and one for indica or hybrids so why not?:D Just purchased the a large matte with a fine plate since that's what I mainly use now! I still got my aluminum if I want medium or course! :tup:

I also asked their CS about purchasing the bottom and top pieces of the aluminum versions since I dropped a blazer torch over my BCG top and it left a nasty dent. They said they do sell the top and bottom if requested all you got to do is email their CS! I'll be picking up a new top for my large Aluminum later!

Timps27

According to Google maps it’s a 9:33 walk from Burnaby, BC to Blaine, WA. Chit Chats left Burnaby on Friday evening with my BCG, it still hasn’t made it to Blaine, WA.

Timps27,
Reactions: cosimo

lazylathe

Almost there...
According to Google maps it’s a 9:33 walk from Burnaby, BC to Blaine, WA. Chit Chats left Burnaby on Friday evening with my BCG, it still hasn’t made it to Blaine, WA.

Did you forget that it was Thanksgiving this past weekend when no one works and mail comes to a complete standstill??
It still has to go through customs etc...
Lucky for you Canada was still working while the States was playing!

I agree walking over to collect it would have been faster but the associated traveling expenses would have made it not worth the effort!
Maybe plan for that next time?

Timps27

Did you forget that it was Thanksgiving this past weekend when no one works and mail comes to a complete standstill??
It still has to go through customs etc...
Lucky for you Canada was still working while the States was playing!

I agree walking over to collect it would have been faster but the associated traveling expenses would have made it not worth the effort!
Maybe plan for that next time?

I thought Thanksgiving was on Thursday? Maybe you celebrate on a different day in Canada? The days in discussion were all post-Tday.

At any rate, this is like my 8th BCG, all of them have had the delay from Burnaby to Blaine; I’ve never encountered this delay at a border from any other vendor or any other shipping partner.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I hope no one is walking the 10 hours from Burnaby to Blaine. I've done that drive many times and it takes a least an hour with no traffic.

Anyway Chit Chats whole thing is that they are cheap because they drive it across the Canadian southern border and then re-mail it.

So I suspect they scanned it as loaded on the truck on Friday. Then someone probably came in this morning and finished loading the truck for the journey south. Although they could possibly be waiting for more packages to make the drive even more economical. In which case more people should order BCGs. And you need a 9th or 10th.

ukpatriot3

Hi All,

Im looking to purchase a BCG grinder as these seem the go to. However i live in the UK, before i fork out for high price and high shipping i need to check to see which one will be suitable.

My current grinder im finding is abit too small, id like something abit larger, for comfort and to hold more bud.

The Small BCG is listed as 55.9mm, is this the over all diameter? or is that the internal diameter? same with the large version. that is listed as 68.9mm.

I would usually just buy it and see what arrives, but because of the cost and shipping i need to make sure im not wasting my money.

Anybody with some calipers able to help me out?

Cheers

ukpatriot3,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi All,

Im looking to purchase a BCG grinder as these seem the go to. However i live in the UK, before i fork out for high price and high shipping i need to check to see which one will be suitable.

My current grinder im finding is abit too small, id like something abit larger, for comfort and to hold more bud.

The Small BCG is listed as 55.9mm, is this the over all diameter? or is that the internal diameter? same with the large version. that is listed as 68.9mm.

I would usually just buy it and see what arrives, but because of the cost and shipping i need to make sure im not wasting my money.

Anybody with some calipers able to help me out?

Cheers

Sounds like you want the large size then, and if you're only getting one plate I would go with medium for most versatility (but depends what you want, and what you are using with)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Glad I bought the complete 3 plate kit, with both sizes of my BCG aluminum grinders. Never thought I’d use the coarse one, and haven’t touched it in a few years.
But recently bought the new S&B Venty, and coarse grind is great in this large bowl. :)

TedJones

Glad I bought the complete 3 plate kit, with both sizes of my BCG aluminum grinders. Never thought I’d use the coarse one, and haven’t touched it in a few years.
But recently bought the new S&B Venty, and coarse grind is great in this large bowl. :)
Good call. I should have done this, but will have all three with the coarse on the way now.

sadf

Now that the SS has been on the market for a while, anyone with a matte finish able to say how it compares to the original anodized aluminum in terms of the interior getting gummed up? Aesthetically I prefer matte even if the prices were equal, but a large part of why I love my current BCG is how little maintenance it requires; I've put kilos through it in the four+ years I've owned it and am only now getting to the point that I should do an iso soak and clean out the grinding plate.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Now that the SS has been on the market for a while, anyone with a matte finish able to say how it compares to the original anodized aluminum in terms of the interior getting gummed up? Aesthetically I prefer matte even if the prices were equal, but a large part of why I love my current BCG is how little maintenance it requires; I've put kilos through it in the four+ years I've owned it and am only now getting to the point that I should do an iso soak and clean out the grinding plate.

I went all in for the polished version and love it! Nice and weighty and grinds through herb like butter.
I have had it since November 2022 and have cleaned it once. Picked up some extremely sticky herb that gummed everything i owned up!
I throw mine into a mason jar filled with ISO and let them soak for a day. The a quick brush out with hot water and dish soap and it's sparkling new again!
I love that they are built like a tank and grind so smooth and require almost zero maintenance!

I found the originals to gum up quite a bit faster and for there to be quite a build up of resin on the teeth at times and stuck to the top of the grinding plate.
They did stay clean for months at a time but nowhere near as long as the SS imo.

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I went all in for the polished version and love it! Nice and weighty and grinds through herb like butter.
Which plate do you use? I might look into getting one of one ever shows up on the factory seconds page. Do they even do factory seconds for ss? They just listed some more aluminum grinders on the factory seconds page and the offers are tempting, even though I just bought an OM grinder.

Razzle_N_Dazzle,
Reactions: lazylathe
Top Bottom