Brilliant Cut Grinder

Baron23

@LabPong, don'I go making fun of wavy. I love wavy vaporizers. His reviews are from the street. It's no nevermind that he got the names of the medium & coarse plates wrong. As he said he only had (2) 1 plate grinders in his life. So if he doesn't know about the Lift, he wouldn't know what the different g. plates were called. As such, fine & coarse only made sense.

He was spot on with his assessment & clearly demo'd the BCG. He knew his grinds, & his "nugs." ;)
I like Wavy too....cause "wid two finga's I'm twisting it" !!

Reminds me of friends I used to know in Queens....Corona (home of Queen Rosey, yeah!). Now, my Mother's family was from the Bronx...different accent. Apparently the letter T never made it to the Bronx....my daughda' told me so as she was bringing me some wada'. :-)

But I do like Wavy...I never feel he has an ulterior motive or agenda. He's probably pretty cool to hang with, I think.

One thing though...it NEVER even occurred to me to press the bud into the top. I just press it in to the grinding plate. Not sure why he does that. What about yous' guys? hehehe

MonkeyTime

Reminds me of friends I used to know in Queens....Corona (home of Queen Rosey, yeah!). Now, my Mother's family was from the Bronx...different accent. Apparently the letter T never made it to the Bronx....my daughda' told me so as she was bringing me some wada'. :-)

But I do like Wavy...I never feel he has an ulterior motive or agenda. He's probably pretty cool to hang with, I think.

One thing though...it NEVER even occurred to me to press the bud into the top. I just press it in to the grinding plate. Not sure why he does that. What about yous' guys? hehehe

I think it's strictly a wavy thing. :lol:

Hmmm, I've always pressed into which ever side had the post, at least one of mine has it in lid!

For some reason I thought Wavy was from Detroit?

LabPong

@LabPong, don'I go making fun of wavy. I love wavy vaporizers. His reviews are from the street. It's no nevermind that he got the names of the medium & coarse plates wrong. As he said he only had (2) 1 plate grinders in his life. So if he doesn't know about the Lift, he wouldn't know what the different g. plates were called. As such, fine & coarse only made sense.

He was spot on with his assessment & clearly demo'd the BCG. He knew his grinds, & his "nugs." ;)

Props to him for taking time to do a review on the grinder! ....but my point was not emotionally motivated....though I did get a minor chuckle when posting his error.

I just didn't understand why he said that when he has all 3 in front of him....

If you think about it....good idea. When you put the buds in the top section....anything that will fall through the holes into the lower section will have to be cut before it can fall through there.

If the flower is in the bottom and over the holes that lead into the bottom part....some parts can possibly get through with out being actually cut/grinded. Sort of like half cut and half fell through first.

So maybe pending on grinder...could lead to a more consistent grind? I do not use a 3 or 4 piece anymore...only 2 piece. So getting this grinder will be not as fast as what I am used to as I dump onto a small glass or ceramic tray and brush out 2 grinder halves quickly. Then put away and load what ever vape I want. I never load from grinder to vape. I do not mind the ritual and fun of prepping flower.

But I am sure that if I can get the exact grind size that works for me....it will be a mute point of having it a 3 piece.

Last edited:
LabPong,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
lol.....that so called reviewer.....didn't even know which plate is the coarse one.... :doh:

It was the first video that popped up, and all I cared about was him showing how easy it was to change the grind plates for the other user that asked.

Wavy also mentioned not putting flower in the middle of the grinder but I don't think he realized the design of the BCG allows for that much more then a traditional grinder.

I've put a nug there just for shits and giggles before, and the blade on that center pin just cut right through it, with nothing left smashed. I don't do it on purpose though because I like to cut more and smash less.

What do you mean? - the weed placed off-center?

Like wavy, I break my herb into 4 pieces & place it around in a circle. It grinds faster, & out of years of habit. And, I, too, never put it on the center post @SquirrelMaster. Next use, I'm gonna throw caution to the wind & leave it in a hunk. :brow:

I usually break it up in smaller pieces as well, and put the chunks away from the center pin. But when I'm lazy, I'll sometimes put one larger chunk in there, and it handles it just fine as well.

See, every time I watch one of these grinder review videos, or any other review video for a vape or something when they are using the grinder, they usually put the herb chunks on the grinder, and then they take the top piece of the grinder and smash it down hard into the nugs...and they don't even start twisting until they've forcefully smashed the grinder together!

Every fucking time I see this I cringe. Why would anyone just smash their nugs up like that instead of twisting and cutting as the two grinder pieces come together. I cringe every time I see someone put the nug in the grinder and then just smash it all up before they even start cutting. It makes no damn sense to me.

I do not want to smash my herb up before I start cutting it.

Baron23

I do not want to smash my herb up before I start cutting it.

Then you should definitely not do it!! ;):brow::science:

Hmmm, I've always pressed into which ever side had the post, at least one of mine has it in lid!

For some reason I thought Wavy was from Detroit?
I thought wavy's living in Cali now. :\ I'll have to ask.
He may be from Detroit...or he may be living in CA....but that accent is pure NY to me. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

started@52

Lol, I can load up my SLX and never have as much of a problem as he did grinding those two little pieces :rofl:. The BCG is definitely smoother then the SLX, and I do like the magnetic plates(no threads) in different sizes and the grind consistency, just wish was bigger.

started@52,
Reactions: Stripzest

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Why would anyone just smash their nugs up like that instead of twisting and cutting as the two grinder pieces come together. I cringe every time I see someone put the nug in the grinder and then just smash it all up before they even start cutting. It makes no damn sense to me.
My name is Jill and I am a (former) smasher. But thanks to @Ramahs i have seen the error of my ways.
Seriously, grinding as you lower the top... um :whoa: :doh: So simple, yet never occurred to me. Loving how the BCG grinds through it like melted butter.
Thanks again Ramahs, I am ashamed of my past but hope to be an inspiration for others who have yet to see the way.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
My name is Jill and I am a (former) smasher. But thanks to @Ramahs i have seen the error of my ways.
Seriously, grinding as you lower the top... um :whoa: :doh: So simple, yet never occurred to me. Loving how the BCG grinds through it like melted butter.
Thanks again Ramahs, I am ashamed of my past but hope to be an inspiration for others who have yet to see the way.

Thanks. You get it! :smug:

SquirrelMaster

@MonkeyTime
Oh yeah I don't doubt it grinds easier but to me, he (Wavy) implied it would be a problem. I think that it's a feature that should be pointed out and maybe Wavy isn't aware of it.
@Summer
It's something I want to try when I get mine. One of many, hence the high praise the BCG is getting.

I shouldn't have even watched that video to be honest. Now I'm getting antsy and I'm only 2 weeks into my order.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Anyone have their grinders shipped on orders from around 4/20 yet?

I would be surprised if mine, or any, ship before a month has passed from ordering. They were back logged before the sale and I bet that only grew. Delayed gratification is what I keep telling myself lol.

SquirrelMaster,

Summer

Long Island, NY
not shipped yet?

They've been running about a 5 week backlog prior to this sale. The different colors are anodized by the anodizer & BCG is not their only customer. The grinder took off like a rocket upon release so right now GFL has growing pains. IIRC, they said something about looking into doing in-house anodizing, but that can't happen overnight.

@Silat, what color did you order & no ship notification yet or shipped but traveling around the world or custom delays?

Top Bottom