Brilliant Cut Grinder

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Care to inform, or just laugh?
Mostly these days I try to laugh as much as possible :lol:. fighting extremity paralysis takes a toll on stress. But this was way too funny not to laugh at.

Is it normal for the inside of the lower part to be sticky feeling?
Yea clean metal is always sticky :rofl:, I know when I bump into my fridge I have to peel myself off like a sticker lmao. And this is just the icing on the cake 🍰

Even after ISO wash it just doesn't feel smooth to the touch.
I laugh at people when they complain their floors still look dirty after they cleaned their whole house with the same swiffer wet jet pad too. When you don’t clean something till it is filthy and use the same thing to clean everything without changing the pad/rag/bucket of water whatever, and wonder why it’s not spotless………….

maybe the colour on the grinder is painted on :o explains why it is sticky, the iso is dissolving the paint 🎨………… weird:hmm: pretty sure mine is anodized metal.

guess the thought that they did a bad job cleaning it never occurred to them, or try cleaning it again before running to the internet to complain :rant:about a product??? But I guess that’s just me, making sure I did everything I could try, before complaining :disgust:. I am an old fart 💨 though :myday:. But not so old and senile I don’t remember you guys @vapviking and @lazylathe, guess you don’t remember me but I’m pretty unmemorable and forgettable ;).

anyone want to start a angry mob a storm the BCG headquarters over this? I’ve got plenty of free time and pent up anger I can utilize :goon: :lmao:

✌️Bad Dog

Bad Dog,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Mostly these days I try to laugh as much as possible :lol:. fighting extremity paralysis takes a toll on stress. But this was way too funny not to laugh at.

Yea clean metal is always sticky :rofl:, I know when I bump into my fridge I have to peel myself off like a sticker lmao. And this is just the icing on the cake 🍰

I laugh at people when they complain their floors still look dirty after they cleaned their whole house with the same swiffer wet jet pad too. When you don’t clean something till it is filthy and use the same thing to clean everything without changing the pad/rag/bucket of water whatever, and wonder why it’s not spotless………….

maybe the colour on the grinder is painted on :o explains why it is sticky, the iso is dissolving the paint 🎨………… weird:hmm: pretty sure mine is anodized metal.

guess the thought that they did a bad job cleaning it never occurred to them, or try cleaning it again before running to the internet to complain :rant:about a product??? But I guess that’s just me, making sure I did everything I could try, before complaining :disgust:. I am an old fart 💨 though :myday:. But not so old and senile I don’t remember you guys @vapviking and @lazylathe, guess you don’t remember me but I’m pretty unmemorable and forgettable ;).

anyone want to start a angry mob a storm the BCG headquarters over this? I’ve got plenty of free time and pent up anger I can utilize :goon: :lmao:

✌️Bad Dog

I remember you brother! Been a long time. I have also been a stranger here, more off than on due to health etc...

As I mentioned, their CS that I have used through email has always been stellar.

These guys are a self starter bunch of guys out in BC, not in their daddy's shop like most new comers are. They just added a second CNC mill to their workshop to handle the SS grinders which take a lot longer to manufacture.

I have waited just as long as everyone else for one of their grinders and found it to be worth the wait!

Let's not forget the wait list for artisanal vapes either....

Good to see you around again!!

Bad Dog

As I mentioned, their CS that I have used through email has always been stellar.
Good to see (so to speak) you again to buddy 👍 I got no qualms with BCG, in fact I still love ❤️ them and they always treated me well. that’s why I just bought myself a large factory second, 2nd grinder but I’ve bought at least 5 all together now but have given a few away, and even though I don’t vape much these days. do mostly edibles, it’s not worth being sober even for a minute lol. But that complaining about their grinder being sticky after an iso wash…….. from a new member account was to funny not to comment on. People new to the space always have had the weirdest comments/complaints/questions and usually unreasonable expectations of how things should work. Been a while since I have been to good old FC, missed the heck out of this place and the core community, kinda forgot about how many whiny posts there can be though.

not surprised you were a little confused about my comments, my sense of humour is basically incomprehensible :whoa:.

and of course to this comment I say
Let's not forget the wait list for artisanal vapes either....
Yep was like a 12 week wait for my tinymight just to ship and it and my old Vrod are the only vapes I still use at all when I do vape 🌬️💨 these days, and doubt I could ever sell/give away either even if I stopped vaping all together, there “my precious“ 💍 :bowdown:

Bad Dog

mines sticky pretty much all the time, cause I rarely clean it. but when it is clean its not sticky at all. and by sticky I mean if you place the herb chamber on a table and touch it, then pull your hand away and it lifts off the table without using much pressure, even for a second, well then yeah its sticky. but if your expecting to be able to run your finger across it and have it glide as smoothly as touching a silk sheet......... uhhh that's not a quality you will get from any metal, or any many substances anywhere ever at all. I can throughly clean a glass window and if I run my finger against it, there's friction but friction isn't stickiness lol

Bad Dog,
Reactions: cosimo

fucreg123

or try cleaning it again before running to the internet to complain
I didn't complain. I stated my experience and was trying to figure out if it was a common one or not.

but if your expecting to be able to run your finger across it and have it glide as smoothly as touching a silk sheet
I absolutely don't get this friction on the outside, only on the inside

Bad Dog

jee @fucreg123 was it "sticky" when you first got it???? there's no difference in the composition between the inside and outside. so if its "sticky" I'd assume its still dirty........ might want to use a little elbow grease and clean it throughly. why would METAL ever be sticky???? not sure why that's something that you'd ask is common??? :uhh:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Bad Dog, I'm sorry to hear about your issue with extremity paralysis, about the stress and pent up anger.
Because I do remember you as someone who has been helpful and knowledgeable, and generally worth knowing here, I want to tell you that these recent rants are mostly showing condescension, sarcasm and disdain for well, whatever. Aimed at a new guy, looking to do better with cleaning a grinder?
It's not a good look here on the social media... c'mon, we can do better, ease up a little.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Is it normal for the inside of the lower part to be sticky feeling? Even after ISO wash it just doesn't feel smooth to the touch.

Was it like that when new? Is yours a “factory 2nd”?

Assuming … you cleaned it well with a strong solvent, like 99% ISO, 190 proof Ethanol, acetone, etc., then all I can imagine is if there is any machine marks, “swirls”, which you should be able to see visually, that might make the surface feel “un-smooth”. First time I’ve heard of an anodized aluminum finish being sticky, mine and most everyone’s is smooth. Obviously, solvents won’t make a “rough” finish smooth, so if was a manufacturing issue, BCG would replace it for you. Best of luck!

Bad Dog

@Bad Dog, I'm sorry to hear about your issue with extremity paralysis, about the stress and pent up anger.
Because I do remember you as someone who has been helpful and knowledgeable, and generally worth knowing here, I want to tell you that these recent rants are mostly showing condescension, sarcasm and disdain for well, whatever. Aimed at a new guy, looking to do better with cleaning a grinder?
It's not a good look here on the social media... c'mon, we can do better, ease up a little.
For you brother I’ll try and ease up but frankly these days I don’t have patience for irrational complaints, not based in reality. I only elaborated on the matter because you asked me to, really I was fine just having a giggle at the absurdity.

But typically when I say someone is ranting it’s because they are going on endlessly about something not based in reality or asking for a outcome that’s impossible because that’s what they want, even though it’s Ludacris for such a expectation.

in the end all I really did was state a few facts, metal isn’t sticky, if it seems that way it’s because it’s dirty, and there are differences between what has friction when you touch it and it being sticky. That’s all, could I have worded it nicely? I suppose so, but a lifetime of being nice, friendly and polite has literally gotten me nothing but used and discarded when I no longer am useful. But I’m not looking to continue on with the story of my life, this isn’t the place for that, nor I’m I looking for sympathy for it. As the French say, c’est la vie or such is life and the Spanish say, que sea será or what will be, will be. Asking/expecting anything different than the reality you find yourself in is essentially insanity.

guess these days I have a ask a stupid question get a stupid answer approach to life. The whole give a penny get a penny dish philosophy of life stopped working ages ago, to many people just emptying the whole dish into their pocket and taking off.

✌️

RustyOldNail

guess these days I have a ask a stupid question get a stupid answer approach to life.

Take my advice however you like, but I get less aggravated these days by simply IGNORING any posts that may trigger an inappropriate response on my part. I try and be helpful when I can, but let others deal with posts and questions that are “stupid”, or repetitive as few seem to want to take the few minutes to learn how to use this forums SEARCH engine. Feel better, life’s a BITCH…..

Bad Dog

could be the edibles and my lack of mental acuity but I remember it starting like this.
Is it normal for the inside of the lower part to be sticky feeling? Even after ISO wash it just doesn't feel smooth to the touch.

Maybe drop a note to support, it would be interesting to hear what they say...
... is baicily a 🙄

so I had my chuckle
lmao :rofl:. oh man noobs:lol:;)
but my giggle seems to have been misinterpreted
Care to inform, or just laugh?
I don't get it...:hmm:
But at least you emoji-winked at the end there. We cool.
Not sure what you are on about...
so I explained myself

I thought to jokes I made were obvious (I used enough emojis) but I'm also just very unfiltered theses days. and like to use analogies most people don't seem to get, its a drawback of not being highly educated, so I usually make comparisons to frame my perspective. I also believe you shouldn't ask someone to speak if you don't want to hear what they have to say, there's always a very distinct chance you won't like it 🫣. and not sure why anyone would have taken this literally?

✌️Bad Dog
can't say I have thousands of dollars to spend on plane tickets to do do such a thing, even if I felt that way. and in reality I don't feel that way at all :hmm:

and for what I said to the member after they quoted me??? well I already said it

guess these days I have a ask a stupid question get a stupid answer approach to life.

I do very much agree with this post @RustyOldNail
Take my advice however you like, but I get less aggravated these days by simply IGNORING any posts that may trigger an inappropriate response on my part. I try and be helpful when I can, but let others deal with posts and questions that are “stupid”, or repetitive as few seem to want to take the few minutes to learn how to use this forums SEARCH engine. Feel better, life’s a BITCH…..
but when I said this I wasn't specially referring to this forum, more society at large but it applies here to, people are lazy as heck, everywhere.
The whole give a penny get a penny dish philosophy of life stopped working ages ago, to many people just emptying the whole dish into their pocket and taking off.
but philosophical conversations are best, not had a grinder thread, so I end this post with this.

if I seem emotional, I assure you I'm not, I don't feel much of anything anymore and feel no hatred for anyone including the new member, I'm just very and ineloquent and difficult to understand, basically I'm :mental: , so no one should understand me any better than the homeless man you see in a ally pissing behind a dumpster, wearing nothing but a newspaper pirate hat, talking to himself about how aliens ate his cat:rofl:.

happy vaping everyone✌️

fucreg123

was it "sticky" when you first got it????
Yes the inside feels rough/raw/sticky, from the first moment I've got it, while the outside feels smooth like I expected it to feel.

Is yours a “factory 2nd”?
I bought it off a trusted member off entexchange who guaranteed it was not a factory second and that everything was just fine with it.

I cleaned it with ISO like I do with my dynavaps but I'll give it another try and report back.

I won't be back home for about 2 months though.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yes the inside feels rough/raw/sticky, from the first moment I've got it, while the outside feels smooth like I expected it to feel.
I bought it off a trusted member off entexchange who guaranteed it was not a factory second and that everything was just fine with it.
I'd love to see a picture of the "sticky" area.
As an aside, are you a native english speaker? I wonder if this is a translation issue. Sticky means to me that it has some kind of tacky residue, like from adhesive or some other goo.

Certainly a surface with goo on it could have a rough texture, but I would never expect clean metal to be "sticky" at all.

fucreg123

I'd love to see a picture of the "sticky" area.
As an aside, are you a native english speaker? I wonder if this is a translation issue. Sticky means to me that it has some kind of tacky residue, like from adhesive or some other goo.

Certainly a surface with goo on it could have a rough texture, but I would never expect clean metal to be "sticky" at all.
Sorry, no, I'm not a native English speaker. I googled a bit and rough or raw may be the better words.

When I'm back in Thailand I'll make pics and try cleaning it again.

RustyOldNail

I bought it off a trusted member off entexchange

Well, while this mystery may continue for a few months… perhaps the “trusted” person used some kind of abrasive (fine sandpaper, Emory cloth) in a poor attempt to deep clean some real sticky stuff, maybe ran out of solvent?
Unless a serious oversight at the factory, they all come uniform and smooth….

Bad Dog

I didn’t realize you bought it used, unfortunately there’s no telling if it was a factory second or not, they can claim any scratches were from wear and tear from the time it was in their possession. And no saying what they did to it while it was in there possession, including if they cleaned it with something that has deposited a residue that has left a film of some kind, they may have only cleaned the inside before sending it to you, and what they used to clean it might not have been iso, rubbing alcohol or grain alcohol. They could have used any sort of product that cleans, but might not be safe if it leaves a residue. I apologize for not taking this into consideration before I posted to you, because the sale recently happened through BCG I assumed you got it there since other people are just received what they bought, myself included. My recommendation is not to use it at all until you can give it a proper clean, with hot isopropyl alcohol that is 99% strength and nothing less strong and a very good scrubbing with a cloth or light abrasive product like a mr clean magic eraser to see if it is fine after. If it remains sticky, I’d ask for a refund, if you used a service like PayPal for the transaction before the time limit for returns expires. Buying used can be a gamble because people aren’t always scrupulous.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Sorry, no, I'm not a native English speaker. I googled a bit and rough or raw may be the better words.

When I'm back in Thailand I'll make pics and try cleaning it again.

Potentially, I could see what you're saying, rubbing my finger on a clean brand new BCG could have a sensation, of not being a smooth polish I suppose? Because there is some slight texture to the anodized aluminum and the way the metal was machined?? I certainly would not refer to it as sticky, but fingers have that effect sometimes, like moisture from the skin, I wouldn't say outright clammy fingers, but sort of that sensation??? Could be what you were not expecting to feel perhaps... Definitely trickier considering this was a used purchase so all you can really do is clean it to the best of your ability and get used to it or get rid of it I suppose

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does anyone know offhand if Powdered Brewer's Wash (I think that's what PBW stands for...) has any negative interaction with aluminum? Just spit-ballin' here.

Wouldn't some abrasive like sandpaper begin to expose raw aluminun pretty quick?
My BCG has some showing, just from wear near the center post...
I think it a stretcth to imagine someone going at one of these beauties with sandpaper...but I suppose there's no accounting for what folks might do!

Apparently we've got plenty of time to speculate on this one. (2 months!)

Top Bottom