Box mod for Sai Taf or similar

Raskolnikov

I want to get a Sai and box mod for concentrates on the go. I was thinking of the Smok Arcfox as I don't have a PC to update the firmware to Arctic fox on a mod. Would this be suitable? If not are there other suitable mods with Arctic fox pre installed. Also are the pens like the Lightning pen as good as a mod and atomiser. I was thinking of an EZ Sai too but don't like the idea of putting the concentrate straight on the coil. That's why I referenced the lightning pen.

Thanks in advance.

Raskolnikov,
Reactions: Ramahs

Raskolnikov

The Arcfox isn't compatible with Arctic Fox
There's a list of compatible devices here https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1uF5xCzg-8LqbiCwom5oKJWhIBnt7COsrCWytwYN5Yfk/mobilebasic
There aren't many left now tho unfortunately so good luck finding one

The DNA firmware also has autofire now so that's another option if you can't find a Red Panda or Acrtic Fox compatible mod
Thanks for the reply. I just assumed going by the name that the Arcfox was the same as Arctic fox.

Do you know of anywhere I can purchase a mod with Arctic fox pre installed. I am struggling to find such a device and I know virtually zero about box mods. If not I will probably buy the Lightning pen. I just want something portable and discreet with top performance for vaping concentrate. I'm about to go away for a short break with my wife and don't really want to take my rig and torch.

Raskolnikov,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Have a chat with Matt at :

He can advise on mods etc. He also supplies both lp and sai (and dtv5).

LP great but tiny. Fine for a quick blast.

I am not a fan of coils. Why not a bucket?

Can I suggest you consider the dtv5. Superior to the sai ime. I have the sai taf and rarely use it.

When I go away for a few days I take my dtv5. Robust and reliable.

Good luck with the AF mod. I'm close to giving up and going DNA...

Hippie

There were a few vape sellers selling them pre installed but I've not seen any for about 18 months now

I'd get DNA mod - they're more money but probably worth it for the better build quality, longevity, more accurate temp.control ..... I could ramble on :)

Or there's things like the JCVAP pockety that are ready to go, straight out of the box.

Edit:
There's a couple of options here

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Have a chat with Matt at :

He can advise on mods etc. He also supplies both lp and sai (and dtv5).

LP great but tiny. Fine for a quick blast.

I am not a fan of coils. Why not a bucket?

Can I suggest you consider the dtv5. Superior to the sai ime. I have the sai taf and rarely use it.

When I go away for a few days I take my dtv5. Robust and reliable.

Good luck with the AF mod. I'm close to giving up and going DNA...
I actually have RVS in my bookmarks and have seen the dtv5 too. Either one will do for me. They don't have mods or batteries for them on their site, not that I can see anyway. I intend to buy a ball vape when the Black Friday sales start and if I eventually decide on the Taroma 360 that is who I will be using for my purchase. Just can't decide on the Taroma or flowerpot B2.

I don't like the idea of coils either and had intended to buy the donut heater and bucket for the Sai but I will seriously consider the dtv5 now.

Thanks for your help.

Raskolnikov

There were a few vape sellers selling them pre installed but I've not seen any for about 18 months now

I'd get DNA mod - they're more money but probably worth it for the better build quality, longevity, more accurate temp.control ..... I could ramble on :)

Or there's things like the JCVAP pockety that are ready to go, straight out of the box.

Edit:
There's a couple of options here
Thanks for your help. Those options seem ideal but I'm in Scotland so would rather it came from UK. If I can't find anything suitable from a UK seller I will order from them.

Raskolnikov,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
He no longer sells mods but he is v knowledgeable about them and will be happy to advise. He's a solid guy.

Dtv5 has a much better heating mechanism, it's part of the bucket so more accurate than a the heater and bucket setup.

Good luck

someguy

You could get the core 2.0, then you wouldn't have to worry about arctic fox or DNA. It's not really pocketable but it uses the same heater bucket as the DTV5 and its an erig so no mod worries.

Or get the jcvap pockety, i just got mine and it seems well made

Raskolnikov

You could get the core 2.0, then you wouldn't have to worry about arctic fox or DNA. It's not really pocketable but it uses the same heater bucket as the DTV5 and its an erig so no mod worries.

Or get the jcvap pockety, i just got mine and it seems well made
Thanks for your input someguy. I already have 2 erigs. Its a pocket vape im looking for. The jcvap seems like what im looking for so will definitely consider it.
I wish I could just buy a mod with Arctic fox pre installed as the DNAmods are a bit expensive for something im not going to use very often. Ihave torch rigs, and erigs for at home. Just want something that can take large dabs and fit in my pocket.

Raskolnikov,

Raskolnikov

Large dabs in the pocket hmmm maybe the proxy although I've never used it. Ineedhemp sells a mod with autofire installed.
I think I may have misunderstood understood this. I assumed the acronym AF stood for arctic fox. After reading your post, I see it may be auto fire. Is that correct? As in I need a mod with auto fire. If so hopefully that is easier.

I have contacted Matt from RVS in UK by Whatsapp so hopefully he can tell me a mod I can use straight out the box. Going away for a break a week today so i need something soon.

Last edited:
Raskolnikov,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I think I may have misunderstood understood this. I assumed the acronym AF stood for arctic fox. After reading your post, I see it may be auto fire. Is that correct? As in I need a mod with auto fire. If so hopefully that is easier.

I have contacted Matt from RVS in UK by Whatsapp so hopefully he can tell me a mod I can use straight out the box. Going away for a break a week today so i need something soon.
What did you get in the end?

Chicken No Name,

Raskolnikov

What did you get in the end?
I got a lightning pen as needed it quickly. Also picked up a Yocan torch as I thought it would be an idea to rescue a rig in one that the torch has packed in. Returned it today for a new unit. Got Mod coming from America too for a V 5

Know it's not the best place to ask but what's best for posting pics here? Got some nice ones to add to What's in your vape. do you need to use imgur.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Know it's not the best place to ask but what's best for posting pics here? Got some nice ones to add to What's in your vape. do you need to use imgur.
Imgur and Imgbb are popular and easy... any image hosting site should do. How's the Lighting Pen?

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Imgur and Imgbb are popular and easy... any image hosting should do. How's the Lighting Pen?
Bologna, I'm enjoying it but I still sneaked a small rig and nail with me. It's good for what it does and it's discreet. The triple coil does some huge dabs. Its nice if out. The chamber is a bit small but I was warned of that and I've got a rig to get blasted if needed. It's very much worth the money. Hoping my Yocan Torch returns in a working state.

Raskolnikov,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom