Pen Boundless Terp Pen Spectrum

floribud

The weird unexplainable difference between the XL and the Spectrum

VoltagesXLSpectrum
3.3BlueGreen
3.7GreenBlue
4.0RedRed

I don't understand this at all. Took me long enought to remember Blue like ice, Green like a meadow in the summer. Now they ruined my metaphor and damn it when I'm medicated I'm ALL about metaphors...

floribud

I order the battery replacement/upgrade kit for my XL. Seems to work pretty much like the XL. I keep mine on low voltage all the time. My rosin pretty much tastes the way it smells. Sure I can get more hits in row off my Versa while preserving the flavor, but in generally, tapping some rosin on the quartz coil I take two 10 ten second draws, which taste great and leave me feeling pretty good. I doubt that this is the most efficient way to consume rosin, but it works pretty well. I usually dab while I'm also vaping flower, so it's kind of hard to talk about effects for me, but it certainly does hit. It's easier to use than the 710 Labs pod pen, you can inhale longer without a burning taste.

Also, unlike the XL, it seems to always remember the temp setting. Also it takes 5 taps to change temp instead of 3. Also many times the XL would blink red when I inhaled. This is suppose to mean the battery is dead, but this could happen if I charged it, took a hit and then came back to it a day later. Even thought it would blink red, I would triple tap to change temp and it would be fine. I haven't had this problem with the spectrum... so I guess I'm happy with it.

JamesTiberiousKirk

I order the battery replacement/upgrade kit for my XL. Seems to work pretty much like the XL. I keep mine on low voltage all the time. My rosin pretty much tastes the way it smells. Sure I can get more hits in row off my Versa while preserving the flavor, but in generally, tapping some rosin on the quartz coil I take two 10 ten second draws, which taste great and leave me feeling pretty good. I doubt that this is the most efficient way to consume rosin, but it works pretty well. I usually dab while I'm also vaping flower, so it's kind of hard to talk about effects for me, but it certainly does hit. It's easier to use than the 710 Labs pod pen, you can inhale longer without a burning taste.

Also, unlike the XL, it seems to always remember the temp setting. Also it takes 5 taps to change temp instead of 3. Also many times the XL would blink red when I inhaled. This is suppose to mean the battery is dead, but this could happen if I charged it, took a hit and then came back to it a day later. Even thought it would blink red, I would triple tap to change temp and it would be fine. I haven't had this problem with the spectrum... so I guess I'm happy with it.
Yeah, I am happy with the improvements in the electronics, and the USB-C connection. I m hoping they will do that for the regular sized Terp Pen as well. Hate having to keep a micro-USB cable around.

JamesTiberiousKirk,
Reactions: floribud

floribud

Yeah, I am happy with the improvements in the electronics, and the USB-C connection. I m hoping they will do that for the regular sized Terp Pen as well. Hate having to keep a micro-USB cable around.
Yeah my OG Terp Pen just bit the dust. I just loaded some really good rosin on the coil ... and nothing... doens't hit even though it's been on the charger for hours. I bought that TerpPen the day it came out. So I guess it had a nice lifespan, but you're right, I hate to buy another MicroUSB unit now...
Sad Fight GIF by Top Rank Boxing

JamesTiberiousKirk

Since it is now released, I wonder if a Mod could transfer this thread out of the "unreleased" section, into the main portable vape section?

JamesTiberiousKirk,
Reactions: floribud

strayedqueen

Hey I just bought a brand new terp pen spectrum. I've watched all the vids but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can't get any air flow, Both coils have airflow but when the sleeve is screwed on there's no airflow unless it's not screwed tight but then the smoke isnt coming through just air because its not screwed in all the way. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've looked all over the internet and don't see any resolution.

strayedqueen,

JamesTiberiousKirk

Just some suggestions;
1. Do the coils get hot when the sleeve is off, and you draw pen? If not, then the coil needs to be screwed in tighter.
2. Maybe an O-ring is not seated correctly on the coil?

That's about all I can think of.

JamesTiberiousKirk,
Top Bottom