Pen Boundless Terp Pen Spectrum

floribud

No real info available. I'm assuming this is the replacement for the Terp Pen XL, since the XL is no longer on the site. Anyway I really like my XL and my OG, it's just the OG doesn't really give me the vapor production I need. The XL is a bit finicky, but its been working for me for since I got one of the first available, can't wait to see what the "Spectrum" is like

JamesTiberiousKirk

And now unfortunately, the Spectrum is no longer advertised on Boundless site at all.

Unfortunate. I like the OG Terp Pen and use it daily, but preferred the XL. Was looking forward to what the Spectrum was going to bring as far as innovation.

JamesTiberiousKirk

I still don't find it directly linked in the boundless website directory, but poking around I did find this. Ordered!

Edit... Missed florabud's link above. Site linked is still sparse. But the order went through. I'll see what I get😄

Last edited:
JamesTiberiousKirk,
Reactions: LesPlenty

JamesTiberiousKirk

And now the above link is 404.

I imagine I will receive a regular Terp Pen (which I needed a new replacement for anyway). But... we'll see.

My order on Boundless still lists it as Terp Pen Spectrum.

JamesTiberiousKirk,

VAS_IN_MY_VEINS

I have a terp pen and a terp pen XL and aside from USB C, 5 taps to change temp and an updated name..

Is there anything new here? Is this just an updated XL?

I guess I don't really know what I was expecting but this is underwhelming.

VAS_IN_MY_VEINS,

JamesTiberiousKirk

I just received my Spectrum. Charging currently. From outward appearances it looks exactly like the XL, except for the welcome USB-C.

As far as other changes, I dunno. Perhaps improved battery life.

Except for the USB-C and hopefully better battery life (although that was never an issue for me) I'm not sure what changes needed to he made. For it's type if device it seems a bullet proof basic design. Kinda like a Vapcap. Both the VC and one variation of Terp Pen is 90% of my daily use.

Also glad I snuck in the order at 29$ !

JamesTiberiousKirk,

ondemander

I just received my Spectrum. Charging currently. From outward appearances it looks exactly like the XL, except for the welcome USB-C.

As far as other changes, I dunno. Perhaps improved battery life.

Except for the USB-C and hopefully better battery life (although that was never an issue for me) I'm not sure what changes needed to he made. For it's type if device it seems a bullet proof basic design. Kinda like a Vapcap. Both the VC and one variation of Terp Pen is 90% of my daily use.

Also glad I snuck in the order at 29$ !
Glad they honored the old price for you. It seems like I caught it just as they were adding it to the site. Sounds like a nice little pen with USB-C.

ondemander,

JamesTiberiousKirk

Unless there are some other technical changes that they will advertise when it gets its hard release, I would say yes.

But that is fine by me. I am not sure what they would add, maybe spinning lights as you inhale? Maybe make the coil portion retractable? The USB-C charging is a nice improvement. I imagine they will do the same with the Terp Pen OG.

JamesTiberiousKirk,

floribud

The TerpPen XL with the quartz was a great dab pen, but it would always forget it's settings and you'd have to keep tapping it to get it back to your desired temp. After a couple days off mine would instantly blink red when I hit it, even though the battery was near fully charged. I'd have to tap it a few times to change the power setting and then cycle back to my desired "low temp" setting and then it would work fine.

If Boundless improved that one thing it would be enough for me to by a new one, I love the flavor and the quantity of vapor but I'm always a little worried about reliability. The TerpPen OG is very electronically reliable but it clogs easily and the tiny coils heat up quickly and burn if you try to take a nice long drag

floribud,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Man, are people really still smearing their luscious concentrate on old metal coils....? Ugh... I never liked it. I can still maybe see using an old legacy device, but actually buying a "new" one...? A hard Nope. Good carts are way too safe, easy, cheap, effective, stealthy and tasty around here these days for such nonsense.

Bologna,
Reactions: 80Sixed

JamesTiberiousKirk

The TerpPen XL with the quartz was a great dab pen, but it would always forget it's settings and you'd have to keep tapping it to get it back to your desired temp. After a couple days off mine would instantly blink red when I hit it, even though the battery was near fully charged. I'd have to tap it a few times to change the power setting and then cycle back to my desired "low temp" setting and then it would work fine.

If Boundless improved that one thing it would be enough for me to by a new one, I love the flavor and the quantity of vapor but I'm always a little worried about reliability. The TerpPen OG is very electronically reliable but it clogs easily and the tiny coils heat up quickly and burn if you try to take a nice long drag
Spectrum's officially out now. It seem less finicky than the XL. The light turns green when fully charged. It does not activate the light whenever you get the cable close to it, and with the 5 taps to change voltage, it is smooth and less "jittery". Mainly just seems more stable.

They are selling battery replacements for $20 as well. I like that. With the mouthpiece, outer tube and cap easy to clean and sturdy, and coils always a consumable, this is a great option.

Best yet, If you have an existing XL, you cn buy the battery and just use the shell, cap and mouthpiece from the XL. I just checked and they are interchangeable.

As for carts, I use them for extreme stealth, but just do not find them to hit as hard.

JamesTiberiousKirk,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
As for carts, I use them for extreme stealth, but just do not find them to hit as hard.
I assume this bit here was in response to my post, and not @floribud's...? Hard to tell, so I'll reply: Oh I hear ya, don't let me rain on your parade, so to speak, or anything like that... opinions are like as%#€¥£s etc, and all... I just don't agree. I have no problem getting where I need to be with the carts available to me, with them only falling short of a true dab on real nail... Smallest I could go for a portable, battery driven "dab" device would be a Pockety, Proxy or Peak, but I've yet to purchase one...:peace:

Bologna,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
So apart from usb-c, what is actually different? Sorry I keep asking the same question, I don't see anyone with a answer.

Last edited:
oddjobold,

floribud

Man, are people really still smearing their luscious concentrate on old metal coils....? Ugh... I never liked it. I can still maybe see using an old legacy device, but actually buying a "new" one...? A hard Nope. Good carts are way too safe, easy, cheap, effective, stealthy and tasty around here these days for such nonsense.
Some of the best live rosin in my state comes in either jar or proprietary pods. The pods hit too hot for me. The TerpPen XL with quartz on low temp just "hits right" for me. I have a Versa with an SIC cup and while it's nice, the TerpPen hits almost just a well and it just easier to get going.

Sure it has exposed coils, but I've tried plenty of things with hidden wire, below ceramic or quartz that taste like poo poo. IMHO Boundless just did something right. I just wish there was a way to turn off the heater and inhale through the cooldown. Ideal for would be breath-activated with a "kill switch".

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Screenshot-20230831-183935-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20230831-184219-Yahoo-Mail.jpg

So eventually, after much effort, what has actually changed from the XL.

Slightly bigger battery.
USB C.
Voltage taps better. I assume less changing on their own.

Does this really merit a brand new name? In my opinion no.

I feel gaslighted. It seems like the plan was take the XL, tweak it very very slightly, be vague about the actual changes, fill the website with jingalistic waffle, give this tweaked XL a new name, sell as a new vape.

Please don't insult my intelligence, I am out. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

JamesTiberiousKirk

So eventually, after much effort, what has actually changed from the XL.

Slightly bigger battery.
USB C.
Voltage taps better. I assume less changing on their own.

Does this really merit a brand new name? In my opinion no.

I feel gaslighted. It seems like the plan was take the XL, tweak it very very slightly, be vague about the actual changes, fill the website with jingalistic waffle, give this tweaked XL a new name, sell as a new vape.

Please don't insult my intelligence, I am out. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Maybe there is more to this story than I know, and I certainly agree the name change seems disingenuous, but I am curious what else you expected from an improved Terp Pen "XL"?

1 USB-C
2 Bigger battery
3 Cleaned up electric programming (ie. better tap voltage management)

That was pretty much the end of my innovation list.

JamesTiberiousKirk,
  • Sad

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Maybe there is more to this story than I know, and I certainly agree the name change seems disingenuous, but I am curious what else you expected from an improved Terp Pen "XL"?

1 USB-C
2 Bigger battery
3 Cleaned up electric programming (ie. better tap voltage management)

That was pretty much the end of my innovation list.

The XL never really worked well for me. The coils seemed to get dry very quick and tasted like poo.

oddjobold,
Top Bottom