Boundless Tera

Peacer666

Sure. First step: ISO swap. But you can't get post the bowl screen... And all the bad is coming from the internal path... So no chance. :(

WTF!!!! and I was thinking how great namastevapes is to give it away for the best price. So they had made it affordable for me but "NO Returns"!?
PV looks for your satisfaction and I'm sure now why they havn't a few from the first teras. Yeah i like boundless alot and my plan was to get the Tera and the cfx2.0 but I don't know if I should wait till there is a vivant alternate2.0.
At the alternate the air passes no heating element what is often built from aluminum and ceramic in vapes.
So the air only comes in touch when it is cool with the plastic air intake and when it got hot with the SS tube what is getting passively hot through the seperated heating element.
So I learned this with input from Randy's torn apart and anothers from an creative FC member. Thank a lot for your explaining where and how the heater is working in the alternate!!!!!!
The swift pro torn apart from this forum was also a good too but I would like to cut/open the heating tube and see what's going up inside in a from Smiss made heating tube.
Same i would like to see of the Tera to be honestly.
I hope really the updated Tera will get my strongest convection vape!!!!
If they solve the problems of this unit and make sure all Teras get ultrasonic cleaning and short quality check it will be my strongest portable convection.
My next step would be the CFX2.0.
Hope dies at least!
BOUNDLESS i believe in you!!!

So guys what are you thinking?
Am I correct?

Yes, BADLY!!! I wonder why it's taking so long..? This is really important! @Boundless Vape Technology I would do one myself, but I don't wanna void my warranty and might have a defective unit out of the box..? Please help us out here!

Bought it from Namaste. They have a strange return policy: keeping 20% of the value as handling fee and generally would not accept returns as they declare vapes as hygiene articles. Can I tell it's clearly defective... @Boundless Vape Technology, please help me out...:(

Oh man... what a bummer. I was hoping to read good news from you that you've finally gotten rid of the fumes. I had to give up yesterday... might try a second burn off day. I don't feel confident though. As long as I see and smell that nasty stuff with a flashlight, I would NEVER use it.

Help!

EDIT: Just fired it up again. It started to give slight crackling noises again, right when heating up and fumes escaping visibly.... This can't be normal, no way. A vape is supposed to be "healthy" in a way. Never experienced anything like this before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peacer666,

lookhigh

FC member
What does the fumes smell like? Anyone with a good nose should be able to tell if this is grease or electronics. It does sound like grease with the crackling on heat up. Hey i'm just guessing here as i'm still waiting on delivery.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
8geiYVI.png

jerseydvd

What does the fumes smell like? Anyone with a good nose should be able to tell if this is grease or electronics. It does sound like grease with the crackling on heat up. Hey i'm just guessing here as i'm still waiting on delivery.
Smells burnt plasticity to me yet I’ve never really seen plastic actually release fumes like this. Maybe combo of both. Again, just speculation, but burnt plastic to my nose, something actually burning off to my eyes.
I asked for a replacement, which they said was fine. Just have to wait for them to get a new shipment. Oh, and then hope this was an isolated first production hiccup.
I did also mention the WPA issue that REALLY bugs me. They can worry about a fix for that after getting the units functioning correctly though, I’m ok with that.
On the software side, seems like they kind of spaced on a few things that were simple overlooks that can’t really be fixed now without replacing chips. (I think most vapes should be firmware upgradable in this day. Would help avoid issues for the company and the user. Also give the product a longer life)
I’m talking just silly things even. Like some people want to be able to rotate screen orientation. There is NO reason that shouldn’t have been included. Doesn’t bother me, but bothers a lot of people, and there’s really no excuse for such a silly oversight that is now unfixable.

I just wish I could use this thing already! Wonder how long before they get replacements at Boundless.
Guess I’m on the vapcap M for now. Dexterity is failing me fast (neurological disorder accelerating). Was hoping the Tera would make things easier. Don’t want to have to combust as I wait on this, but may have to

Peace all✌️ Brilliant day to each and everyone of us. Nothing left to do but smile smile smile.

Jerseydvd

LabPong

I'm super sensitive to taste and smell....and with the Tera burn off elements.....it smells/senses like both grease and chemical production elements. Problem is the outer rubber layer smells pretty heavily and takes over the smells and when you heat it up...it blends together with other impediments of the heater path.

Bought it from Namaste. They have a strange return policy: keeping 20% of the value as handling fee and generally would not accept returns as they declare vapes as hygiene articles. And can't tell if it's clearly defective... @Boundless Vape Technology, please help me out...:(

Wow.....I would never buy from them normally because of their full retail + prices....lol But knowing about this 20% return policy......holy crap why would anyone buy anything from them.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

To me, more plasticky/robot farty than rubber smell. The smells from the outer coating is way different than the smell from the internal.. outer coating more like the aforementioned "new car smell", which would already be enough for my sensitive nostrils ;) Not pleasant for sure - but it's nothing compared to when acutally turning the unit on and crank up the heat.

If you do mouthpull draw (not to your lungs, just pumping a bit of air into your mouth) you can really taste that disgusting smell. :puke:

Smells burnt plasticity to me yet I’ve never really seen plastic actually release fumes like this. Maybe combo of both. Again, just speculation, but burnt plastic to my nose, something actually burning off to my eyes.
I asked for a replacement, which they said was fine. Just have to wait for them to get a new shipment. Oh, and then hope this was an isolated first production hiccup.

Agree!
But would you really want a replacement of this batch? TBH, I would think that every unit is affected.. at least, it's not a regional thing and you might end up with another bad one. Even the VapeCritic seems to have gotten a bad one - ask him and his wife... (Why didn't he do burn offs..:( No wonder he got clouds :D J/k... ).
I'll stop speculating now.. it's just a feeling.

It just delivered, what really smells is the silicOne part between mouthpiece and chamber.. when it's charged i will start burnoff and see if it smokes

If you can, try to shoot a vid when you do the concentrate mode burn offs and be sure to use a flashlight.. although you will see it with the naked eye - and smell it. Dark background might help to capture it on camera... brightness and contrast is key.
Anyway, hope you have good things to post!

I'm super sensitive to taste and smell....and with the Tera burn off elements.....it smells/senses like both grease and chemical production elements. Problem is the outer rubber layer smells pretty heavily and takes over the smells and when you heat it up...it blends together with other impediments of the heater path.

Wow.....I would never buy from them normally because of their full retail + prices....lol But knowing about this 20% return policy......holy crap why would anyone buy anything from them.

Yeah, spot on about the smells. I too am pretty sensitive ... one boat bro...

About the return policy I stand corrected, partially ;) :
Returns

Given that many of our vaporizers are digital and hygienic items, we are unable to accept returns where the seal has been broken for health protection reasons. Unused and sealed products can be refunded once you send it back within 30 days of receiving the item. There will be a restocking fee of 20% for any unwanted product returns after 30 days and postage will not be refunded. We refund cheapest method of postage of original delivery cost for items cancelled within 14 days.

We accept faulty items for a repair/replacement up to 6 months after the sale date. After 6 months you would have to refer it onto the manufacturer as it would then be covered under each products individual warranty. Faulty items can ONLY be refunded once received back within 30 days of purchase.

Please contact us to initiate a return so we can give you a reference number to return your faulty or unused item so we can make the return as smooth as possible.
(https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk/pages/terms-conditions)

Waiting for a reply from Boundless. Burn offs haven't gotten much better... still fumes. 3rd pair of batts running...

vapen00b

I'm so sad. The more i odor that silicone part the more it smells like my first vape, the hebe titan 2

I know that feeling.. believe me. I once had the notorious "elo"... but to me it's the typical china vape smell - but this one is strong and totally hit me. I thought they were not new to the game...
We gotta see. You're not alone bro!

Give it some time, mine tasting grrrreat! Amnesia Haze has never been so tasty
Would you be able to do an empty run on concentrate mode with a flashlight aiming at the upper body rim? I would love to see that there's no more fumes escaping..! Would appreciate a vid :)

Great that you like it... Have you tried you material in a different vape? Does it really taste the same?
Got Amnesia too - very strong aroma... that would likely cover the robot diarrhea.. at least hide it. Do you happen to be sensitive to smells? Do you smoke? (If this is too personal, I'm sorry..!)

How does it taste when you just draw on the device itself, without mouthpiece and empty? Is it completely neutral in you opinion?

Last edited:

vapen00b

My assistant is bringing his in today and I will do a tear down.

That's great! Please make sure you check it for fumes beforehand. I know you know what you're doing, so I am very looking forward to your competent report. Thanks!

LabPong

A good test to see if there is anything left to burn off, (if you think there is not anything left) would be to run it at 500F for a minute or so....then blow into the intake hole. Watch what happens then...... :sherlock:

Boden

Aspie polymath
That's great! Please make sure you check it for fumes beforehand. I know you know what you're doing, so I am very looking forward to your competent report. Thanks!
It will be a while as I won’t have time until after lunch here on the west coast. It’s 7:47am here now.

I’ll do two tear downs. One before heating the oven and one after. This unit has not been fired up yet.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Here is a video of the concentrate mode with blowing into the device.

Spoiler: ZERO OFF-GASSING.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fuSyQepOKjRNmm92t4vSDAUW_MX0DDnc/view

Hey, thanks.
After the third set of batts mine might look similar - in your setup. I have different lighting, flashing against the rim from below at an approx. 45 degree angle (so basically almost aiming at my eyes with just the unit covering me blinding me) in front of a black/dark background...
This way, I can still see streams of fumes that get bigger when I gently but constantly blow into the air intake. Optically, it was defo worse yesterday during the first set of batts, but the fumes still persist. Also when sniffing the bowl on a cold device it's plasticky and not very inviting, but when heating up I can only take to or 3 sniffs and it stings in the nostrils...

Anyway - I'm happy for you that you don't (need?) to worry about your unit and you're able to enjoy it!

Last edited:

Boden

Aspie polymath
Hey, thanks.
After the third set of batts mine might look similar - in your setup. I have different lighting, flashing against the rim from below at an approx. 45 degree angle (so basically almost aiming at my eyes with just the unit covering me blinding me) in front of a black/dark background...
This way, I can still see streams of fumes that get bigger when I gently but constantly blow into the air intake. Optically, it was defo worse yesterday during the first set of batts, but the fumes still persist. Also when sniffing the bowl on a cold device it's plasticky and not very inviting, but when heating up I can only take to or 3 sniffs and it stings in the nostrils...

Anyway - I'm happy for you that you don't seem to worry about your unit and you're able to enjoy it!
If it stings it’s not vapors but acrid smoke. Send it back.

Top Bottom