Boundless Tera

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Vaposhop has a "no questions asked, 30 days return guarantee" on their products so I am quite relaxed. I will do some testing too and if it does not work out, then this will be the first device that I have ever returned. But I am still hopeful, just like @lookhigh. Will report back!

Last edited:

Boden

Aspie polymath
That looks disgusting indeed. Even if one is not too concerned about the whole "foreign smell and taste thing". I hope to have mine in my hands tomorrow, but my anticipation has decreased a bit...

But it seems as if we have two device types here: Those having the normal and tolerable new device smell and those with a real problem. Let's see which part of the lot will land here tomorrow.
Wish the people who comment good or bad were saying where they got theirs from.

dtaxx

a3vXHc1.jpg

MacGyver strikes again. Fully magnetic this time! The Tera Solo :lol:

dtaxx

Urgent: Guys, prior to actually using it do BURN OFFS at all means!!! This one offgasses A LOT.
Have been running it on concentrate mode for more than 5 minutes and it doesn't stop... If I blow in from the intake there a constant stream of fumes... still.
As for the silicones on the mouthpiece: use warm/hot coconut hot and let em soak for 10 minutes, then rinse with hot water. Good to go.
But as for the device itself, PLAY IT SAFE!!!!!

Mine also off-gased like crazy, I was so scared at first. It goes away, not a single puff now. Still curious about the teardown though!

Edit: Got mine from Vaposhop.

Last edited:

dtaxx

That look awesome, how did you get it to fit?

It's really easy:
  • Remove the glass from the mouthpiece
  • Take off the rubber at the bottom
  • Softly tap the silver part out with a rubber hammer
  • Friction fit the Solo stem in the plastic (BE CAREFUL, TIGHT FIT)
  • Add a o-ring or a bit of silicone tubing on the inside for a 100% seal
  • Insert screen (preferably domed) in the stem
Final step: :mmmm:

jerseydvd

It's really easy:
  • Remove the glass from the mouthpiece
  • Take off the rubber at the bottom
  • Softly tap the silver part out with a rubber hammer
  • Friction fit the Solo stem in the plastic (BE CAREFUL, TIGHT FIT)
  • Add a o-ring or a bit of silicone tubing on the inside for a 100% seal
  • Insert screen (preferably domed) in the stem
Final step: :mmmm:
A Solo stem seems like a great investment right now!

sNc

My friend has a new Tera unit purchased through Namaste, his seems to be doing ok no issues with excessive burn offs etc.
He did however have issues trying to use it through glass at first but is starting to fall in love with it now.
I'm borrowing it for one evening this week and will see what its all about and feedback here.
I usually get my vape devices through Vapefiend and I'm a little cautious as they haven't even hinted at getting these units....yet.
Call me suspicious but that makes me believe they think there may be QC issues with the first run/batch and are possibly awaiting intial feedback from others?..in comparison they were fairly quick to get the Argo in stock and also tease/build up to it's sale when obviously testing it for themselves...also they have happily teased with content about the Splinter by RBT showing off a test unit they were provided even though its likely someway off before being stocked with them?

As others say first releases of any vape tend to go this way and I'm yet to be someone that has bought into a first run of a new device...I'm still treading carefully before parting with my cash (and health!)

Also considering they already delayed release, to still have so many issues especially with the design form of the attachments/mouthpieces is a little concerning.

Hopefully all of this gets addressed/solved quickly.

Edit* I've seen the device in the flesh and was impressed by the feel and first impressions of build quality. The short length of the glass mouthpiece did surprise me and also the basic form/build quality of the WPA was disappointing in what is otherwise a very nice kit.

Last edited:

dannydroid

Google Nazi
That smoking Tera is not right!

Sucks to see people having problems with their units, but, maybe the rush to get them out the door before CNY may have played a part in the quality issues?

I'm still trying to get over the letdown on the WPA :( .

@sNc: there was only one shipment of devices. Boundless got their pre-orders, and some seleted retailers got some units.

There will be no more devices until Smiss opens up the factory (which should be in a few days). So really, maybe the delays was a blessing to boundless. Maybe able to make some (small) changes before productions kicks up again?

BigJr48

I received my Tera just right before lunch. Unboxed it and started the first burn-off, after its second I rubbed everything down with iso and loaded a bowl for its last burn-off and to eliminate any other smells.
@dtaxx I copied @randy's mod fr @PuffItUp.

jerseydvd

Guess I’m just going to give up and wait for Boundless to get back to me. I did burn offs at 500 degrees for a full set of batteries, blowing through it a LOT during the process.
Started doing more burn offs, but what’s the point? I’m so let down.
Just going to pack it back up.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Guys please make sure to clean all parts thoroughly *before* doing the burn-ins.
Sure. First step: ISO swap. But you can't get past the bowl screen... And all the bad is coming from the internal path... So no chance. :(

We NEEEEED that teardown.
Yes, BADLY!!! I wonder why it's taking so long..? This is really important! @Boundless Vape Technology I would do one myself, but I don't wanna void my warranty and might have a defective unit out of the box..? Please help us out here!

Wish the people who comment good or bad were saying where they got theirs from.
Bought it from Namaste. They have a strange return policy: keeping 20% of the value as handling fee and generally would not accept returns as they declare vapes as hygiene articles. And can't tell if it's clearly defective... @Boundless Vape Technology, please help me out...:(

Guess I’m just going to give up and wait for Boundless to get back to me. I did burn offs at 500 degrees for a full set of batteries, blowing through it a LOT during the process.
Started doing more burn offs, but what’s the point? I’m so let down.
Just going to pack it back up.
Oh man... what a bummer. I was hoping to read good news from you that you've finally gotten rid of the fumes. I had to give up yesterday... might try a second burn off day. I don't feel confident though. As long as I see and smell that nasty stuff with a flashlight, I would NEVER use it.

Help!

EDIT: Just fired it up again. It started to give slight crackling noises again, right when heating up and fumes escaping visibly.... This can't be normal, no way. A vape is supposed to be "healthy" in a way. Never experienced anything like this before. @Boundless Vape Technology How long would you normally need to burn off to have a save Tera?

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Oh Lord. I wish I could contribute to the general feedback here, but the DHL courier tried to deliver the package at 7:30am to my office this morning. But we open at 8:00am and nobody was present. So another day will pass without me knowing whether I have a smoking or vaping device...

kuzko

Unfortunately, I appear to be one of the unfortunate ones who received a defective Tera. I charged mine up and took off the mouthpiece and did the whole flashlight thing. I put nothing in the chamber. I started at 400f and heard a very distinct but brief sizzle followed by a tiny puff of smoke and a few trailing wisps. After that not much action for a good 30 sec, I then switched to concentrate mode which took it up to 500f and that’s when smoke came pouring out, I didn’t wait the full 5 minutes but it was a constant stream for a minute then I lighty breathed into the air intake and a huge amount of smoke came out the mouthpiece end. It was so much I got worried something was burning inside so I turned it off a pulled out the batteries.

I am a Boundless fan and enjoy the CFV and I love the look and feel of the Tera but I think I must do something about my Tera. I bought it from PIU, do I contact them first? They take returns but the item must be BNIB. Or do I contact Boundless about the warranty? Ayyy.

I definitely still want a Tera if/when this off-gassing issue is solved. Hopefully soon.

jerseydvd

Unfortunately, I appear to be one of the unfortunate ones who received a defective Tera. I charged mine up and took off the mouthpiece and did the whole flashlight thing. I put nothing in the chamber. I started at 400f and heard a very distinct but brief sizzle followed by a tiny puff of smoke and a few trailing wisps. After that not much action for a good 30 sec, I then switched to concentrate mode which took it up to 500f and that’s when smoke came pouring out, I didn’t wait the full 5 minutes but it was a constant stream for a minute then I lighty breathed into the air intake and a huge amount of smoke came out the mouthpiece end. It was so much I got worried something was burning inside so I turned it off a pulled out the batteries.

I am a Boundless fan and enjoy the CFV and I love the look and feel of the Tera but I think I must do something about my Tera. I bought it from PIU, do I contact them first? They take returns but the item must be BNIB. Or do I contact Boundless about the warranty? Ayyy.

I definitely still want a Tera if/when this off-gassing issue is solved. Hopefully soon.
I’d contact PIU first, I’d think they’d take care of you fast.
I spoke with Boundless, and doesn’t seem like we (purchasers from Boundless direct) will be able to get a replacement from Bndlstech until they get a new shipment, so who knows when that will be? I know they’ll help ASAP, but until there’s a new shipment, guess we’re out of luck. Also, then we have to hope this was just a bad production run, and the replacements we get are 100% good to go.
We shall see I suppose.
Anyway, in your situation I’d contact PIU ASAP, and see what their options for you are. Don’t think you’ll have any worries, they’re great to their customers.
Sorry, you’re on the crap end too! ✌️
Jersey

Top Bottom