Boundless CF or Dynavap for 2 people?

Aquixote

I'm very torn about what to get. I'm very new to cannabis and have zero tolerance. I would get a Dynavap on the strength of excellent reviews but I'm almost always going to be sharing with my wife. But I've read it's not good with groups. But what about just two people? There seems to be some disagreement on how good it is for that purpose.

Since this is going to be an occasional hobby the only other vaporizer I'm considering and is affordable is the boundless CF.

Based on our frequency of use and low tolerance what would you get? The butane part of Dynavap is neither a pro nor a con I should add.

Squiby

If I were you, I would get two Vapcaps; one for your wife and one for yourself. They are fantastic tiny, super efficient vaporizers. You can't go wrong with Dynavap.

Starting tomorrow Dynavap is offering 20% off, plus free shipping and introducing a new Vapcap, the Shado, a dark grey M model. You could get an 18M and a Shado M for just around $100 delivered to your door.

A his and hers Vapcap pair.

Aquixote

Can you load up a vapcap with less than 0.1g and have it work well if we went with two?

We have a cheap vaporizer now, a Utillian 420 I bought because I had no clue and about 0.2g between the two of us had us PLASTERED. Not keen to repeat to be honest and not kidding about zero tolerance, and seeing as how occasionally we'll be using that (lack of) tolerance is likely to remain.

almost there

Can you load up a vapcap with less than 0.1g and have it work well if we went with two?

We have a cheap vaporizer now, a Utillian 420 I bought because I had no clue and about 0.2g between the two of us had us PLASTERED. Not keen to repeat to be honest and not kidding about zero tolerance, and seeing as how occasionally we'll be using that (lack of) tolerance is likely to remain.
there are regular vapcap users that use .05g or less so you will be fine. Unlike your utilitarian 420 you can just let the vape cool and go back to the same load later so there's absolutely no need to finish anything you can't finish.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Vapcaps are great and they really are handy for microdosing. They are also useful for taking one or two hits now and maybe another few later.

That said, not every spouse is going to be into the technique and ritual of vapcap use. Some folks aren't trying to use a torch for every hit and not everyone enjoys the mouth pull most vapcap users employ (i.e. dragging like a cigarette only several times as one hit).

With the epic black Friday sales already kicked in, I'd consider an affordable session vape like the Arizer Solo, which is currently on sale at Namaste Vapes for $81.

Let's say you went that route.... Instead of your wife handling a butane torch for each hit, or you heating it and carefully handing to her, your session would go like this:

Turn on the Solo
Put a bit of weed in the glass stem and insert it once it's heated up
Pass it back and forth so you can each hit it one to three times
Turn it off and remove the glass stem

In by experience that's an easier couple session to manage. If money isn't tight then spring for the Solo II, which has better draw resistance and double the battery life and is still only $140.

Both the Arizer options have temp controls too so you can get more high with high temps or have more flavorful, comfortable vapor at lower temps.

I own several vapcaps and like them, but you can just do a third of a stem in a vape like the Solo and not fuck with torches or combustion or reheating for each hit as you share.

Better still, get one vapcap M on sale and then get a Solo or Solo II and you'll have the best of both worlds. It's not at all awkward to take turns with one vapcap since you're only sharing .1g or less. I don't think buying two of the same vape makes much sense for a couple new to vaping.

And if anyone joins you or you want to get more high for a special occasion the glass stems for the Arizer vapes can be filled to different amounts.

https://www.namastevaporizers.com/products/arizer-solo-vaporizer

https://www.namastevaporizers.com/products/solo-ii-by-arizer

Last edited:

Aquixote

Hmmmm!!! Damn these useful responses...

Yeah I was looking at the Solo as well. I've heard about the mouthpiece breaking, is that a huge deal in reality?

I should mention, I'm in Canada and using since legalization... Legalization is amazing but crap exchange range isn't so all of these are much worse deals than they would have been during the strong CAD dollar era.

Aquixote,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Here's a spreadsheet with a separate tab for Canada:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...NDNk4wMw4VpeTAidxg8eWp3kmTc/edit?usp=drivesdk

The Solo and Solo II glass stems are a great airpath and provide less toasty vapor than a VapCap. Practically zero maintenance on the unit too: just soak the stems in some iso alcohol in a ziplock bag (they come with two stems and you'll likely prefer the cooler vapor with the longer one).

Neither solo is an ideal pocket vape because you only insert the stem once you've heated it up. If you wanna carry something in your pocket you can get a Fury 2 and you use the tiny bent glass stem or little dosing capsules as an additional accessory for microdosing.

Again, I love vapcaps. I'd just recommend a great deal on a super popular session vape like the Solo II, Solo, or Fury 2 for a new couple every time.

Last edited:

Aquixote

Thank you, lots to think about. Do the Solo and Solo 2 require packing to the top, or is microdosing possible? Also how much better is the 2. For $130 CAD the Solo seems cheap as chips although I understand it's quite ancient.

Aquixote,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thank you, lots to think about. Do the Solo and Solo 2 require packing to the top, or is microdosing possible? Also how much better is the 2. For $130 CAD the Solo seems cheap as chips although I understand it's quite ancient.
I love da SOLO & the design is not FANCY?
FUNCTION without BLING?

I want 2 get a BOUNDLESS one day?

ataxian,

namasteIII

I love da SOLO & the design is not FANCY?
FUNCTION without BLING?

I want 2 get a BOUNDLESS one day?

Nah you don't, they are kinda plasticiy. You wouldn't like it. save your money or get one of those on demand Woden 186050 vapes, you'd super love one of them.

namasteIII,
Reactions: bossman

little maggie

Have you ruled out the Fury 2 for some reason? Many here (including me) have found it an excellent affordable vape perfect for beginning and experienced users. It's simple to use and you can adjust the temp and time. I have vapcaps but never liked using butane. I like them better now that I have an external charger for them. As for the boundless- I gave mine away and find the Fury 2 better. The one reason I might consider a boundless is that PIU is having a 35% off sale on them. Otherwise the Fury is close in price.

Aquixote

Have you ruled out the Fury 2 for some reason? Many here (including me) have found it an excellent affordable vape perfect for beginning and experienced users. It's simple to use and you can adjust the temp and time. I have vapcaps but never liked using butane. I like them better now that I have an external charger for them. As for the boundless- I gave mine away and find the Fury 2 better. The one reason I might consider a boundless is that PIU is having a 35% off sale on them. Otherwise the Fury is close in price.

Nothing is ruled out. Fury 2 price I guess but just saw it for $155 CAD, cheapest I've seen it. I've ruled out the Dynavap and am leaning towards the Solo because its mode of use sounds appealing... But the Fury 2 sounds appealing too. Too many choices!

Last edited:
Aquixote,

Aquixote

I think I'm leaning towards Solo OG. I will rarely be using outside, if ever, outside from in my yard or things like that. Apparently it's built like a tank and lasts years, which is what I like to hear.

Aquixote,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Nothing is ruled out. Fury 2 price I guess but just saw it for $155 CAD, cheapest I've seen it. I've ruled out the Dynavap and am leaning towards the Solo because its mode of use sounds appealing... But the Fury 2 sounds appealing too. Too many choices!

https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p22/FURY_2_Glass_Bundle_-_FREE_Grinder_or_Bubbler_Included!.html

Get the glass bundle direct from Healthy Rips and use code BF20 for $20 off.

You'll have the epic portability and ease of use plus the glass accessories that are ideal for microdosing.

Advantages of the Solo II:
  • The Namaste Vaporizers discount is an all time best for that model
  • Battery life is terrific
  • Glass airpath provides better flavor and cooler vapor
Disadvantages:
  • More fragile / less portable with glass stem inserted (and it's always the device and stem as two pieces)
  • More draw resistance
  • The included fanny pack is useful but kinda goofy and tactica
  • lProprietary charger
Advantages of the Fury 2:
  • Super portable size
  • Less draw resistance
  • Black mouthpiece for convenience
  • Versatile and more flavorful with glass accessories
  • Small chamber size of glass bits are great for microdosing
Disadvantages:
  • Weak battery life
  • Flavor not as great with the black mouthpiece (but still fine and fun, especially at lower temps)

Last edited:
bossman,
Reactions: AtomicPB

Squiby

I microdose and vape throughout the day. I typically load about .015 gm per session. I finish that, dump it and reload in an hour or two. No need to over load more than you want to vape and have to split it between sessions. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that.

You can share a Vapcap and I've done it many times. But when friends are over I just give them their own Vapcap and we each toke away happily. It's more hygienic and relaxed.

I love my Vapcaps. they are tiny, beautiful and super efficient. They work when the power goes out or if you're off grid like camping. You never have to fuse around with battery maintenace, charging and tanglec cords. They can be heated by almost any heat source. One of my favorite ways to heat is with a candle while soaking in a nice hot tub.

Everyone should have at least one Vapcap IMHO.

Aquixote

Yeah thing about vapcaps is they're so cheap getting one or two, it's trivial to pull the trigger. With the others, it's a bit harder. $120 for Solo OG. But for $30 more I can get the Fury 2 (not the bundle). And then for $30 more there's even more choice... And on and on it goes. I'd also like to get some glass so there's more money there to be spent.

Aquixote,
Reactions: Squiby

namasteIII

get one of the new arizers you would really dig it and be glad with the money spent. Any of the 3 portables they offer is good just pick your favorite.

namasteIII,

little maggie

Just to add to this: there is a black friday spreadsheet. I know you're in Canada but some of those places ship there. If money is a primary issue the boundless sales tomorrow put them well under $$100 USD.

As for the solo- I had earlier models of the solo and air. I gave them away because I have a hard time with draw resistance. That may not be an issue for you but it was for me.

I don't think the Fury 2 battery life is an issue if you're mainly using it inside. It is not my favorite vape but it's the only session vape I've kept after trying quite a few and not because of its cost. If I had more money to spend I'd still get the Fury 2. I was away from home for 4 months with all my vapes packed except the fury 2 and vapcaps and it was a great vape to have with me. I set it on a low temp and rarely coughed- have COPD).
I mainly use on demand vapes like the MVT which I didn't suggest because they are very different from the ones you are considering. If there is a significant difference in price tomorrow during the sale between the fury 2 and solo and draw resistance is not an issue I'd get the least expensive.

Last edited:
little maggie,

Aquixote

To reveal myself as a complete idiot: what exactly is draw resistance?

Edit: I see it determines how powerful a bit can be. Ok that's useful.

Last edited:
Aquixote,

little maggie

It also determines how restricted the air flow is when you inhale. The less restricted the more easily the air flows. I've read that the solo 2 has less restricted air flow.

little maggie,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It also determines how restricted the air flow is when you inhale. The less restricted the more easily the air flows. I've read that the solo 2 has less restricted air flow.

I agree completely with your earlier post and relate to the on demand preference but wanted to clarify that the Solo II has more draw resistance than the Fury 2.

@Aquixote, that means it feels like you're getting more air through the Fury 2 when you draw. I prefer the more open draw resistance of the Fury 2 and the Fierce to the Solo II, which is the only Arizer I've owned.

The Solo II still works great though and they sell glass stems for it with extra slits in them so they breathe easier. You can't go wrong, really.

bossman,

little maggie

Thanks for clarifying. I mean that the solo 2 is supposed to have better air flow than other solos= not the fury 2. The solo 2 would still be too restrictive for me even with the slits. Something to consider when deciding what to buy

little maggie,
Top Bottom