Bluetooth In vapes

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Check out the Smoke BEC Pro and Hercules SR-74x. The BT feature is convenient (if your phone is handy). The app is great for making adjustments between pulls. Otherwise you can change settings right on the device.

a75035d7-7f31-47d0-b8da-e51b580868ff_zpsvfqfeaca.jpg
Can you give more info on that device maybe a link.
Currently having issues with w9 ...
The herc looks nice on there.
I would really appreciate it
Know nothing about mods
Looks like u need an adapter?

Melting Pot,

norcalty

I don't see a need for remote control of a vape and I love the idea of smart devices. Just not sure I see the use but then again... that's just me. I'm sure many others can find reason for it.

norcalty,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Not so sure I need or want Bluetooth on a portable. On a portable I'm looking for good battery life and less points of failure. Communication services will sometimes suck on your battery.

Bluetooth on a desktop is something I might enjoy if the Bluetooth capabilities augmented the functionality a bunch.

In both cases I would not want the Bluetooth to provide a 'must have' capability. If there is a way for a communication service/device to mess you up good it will eventually find out how.

Nube Scrutator

Cloud Searcher...
Can you give more info on that device maybe a link.
Currently having issues with w9 ...
The herc looks nice on there.
I would really appreciate it
Know nothing about mods
Looks like u need an adapter?

The BEC Pro does not depend on your smart phone to operate. You can just use the menu on the device itself. However, if your smart phone is handy, adjusting parameters is quick and user friendly. Just set it and forget it until you change carts. The battery lasts a long time and BT communication doesn't appear to tax it much.

Smok BEC Pro: http://www.smoktech.com/product_10047.html

Yes, I'm using a 510-601 tower adapter and a custom sized black aluminum collar for aesthetics. The Hercules SR-74x performs very good on this bad boy. Running an Efest IMR 35A:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Otherwise you can change settings right on the device.
And this is where bt's not needed. With the crafty, the bt feature gives you more info/control than even the mighty screen offers. I would rather have that than have the dedicated electronics on the device, sucking the single battery's life away from the heater and offering less info/control. The mighty doesn't need to be as stealthy as the crafty, so it gets two batteries and an onboard screen. At least that's the way I see it.

p1ssbucket

Bluetooth on a desktop is something I might enjoy if the Bluetooth capabilities augmented the functionality a bunch.

I can imagine if I shelled out for something fancy like the herbie I would like to have Bluetooth on it for fun and stuff. Especially filling up bags and stuff and stats. On a portable I'm with you, points of failure and battery detractors are concerning to me but actually I am most concerned from a security aspect that I wouldn't want people knowing there's a vape nearby.

Nube Scrutator

Cloud Searcher...
You can turn the BT on or off. Also the device does not show up on an iPhone's bluetooth pairing screen. Pairing is done in the app only. Not sure about Android devices.

Rockin' the Smok BEC Pro with a Divine Tribe LR atty and UP Tech Nibbler X. A quick settings change with the app and your good to go:

Last edited:
Top Bottom