blasphemy - laerned a trick last night regarding rolling joints

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
this younger friend came by last night and she said she was still capable of rolling a joint after a bunch of us reached the tripping stage from brownies, vaping and smoking. i gave her a sheet of flavored rolling paper and she immediately crumbled up the sheet. i thought at first that she did this because she didn't approve of the paper. i expected her to flick it and say get me zig zag, but i was wrong. she then unfolded the sheet and rolled the joint effortlessly and it was perfect and fat. i asked her why she did that. she said it keeps the paper from slipping when you roll it up. it's true. great helpful hint.

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
So now you tell me! :p I used to roll the most perfect looking joints. The problem was, they would more often than not, get those runs down the side that would burn faster. Never could figure out what I was doing wrong.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Hexi

Purple-Days

Another non-slip tech is breathing a hot humid breath on the paper (after loading and just as you are ready to roll). That little bit of moisture makes the tuck grab without slipping.

And yes, get me a Zig-Zag... :2c: Oh man, I haven't seen flavored papers in an age.

Purple-Days,

the electrician

pretty sure i saw someone do that on a video the other day. wondered what was going on. i like turning the paper the wrong way round (gum side nearest you, facing down) and rolling them like that. when you burn off the excess and the bifta lights itself with a bit of luck. theres a video on youtube somewhere. once i rolled a cross spliff and another time using two (european, longer but thinner) rizla kingskins length ways. both were structurally sound although proved difficult to smoke

the electrician,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
you have to admit that rolling is fun and satisfying. when i had first gotten back into this hobby 2 years ago i felt that my rolling skills were shot after a 20 year period of abstinence.
i bought one of those five dollar rolling machines and they do work well but there is a skill to using those correctly, just like there's a skill to hand rolling.

jeffp,

vapirtoo

Wow my next door neighbor just came in looking for rolling paper! He read the wrinkling trick and
left to try it. You guys are the best! Got the hand on the pulse:D

vapirtoo,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
never done that but breathing on it and folding horizontally along the edge that you tuck so the paper catches easily are both tricks I am familiar with.

If you roll gum side down you have a bunch of excess you can tear or burn off, those are cool because you use minimal paper.

bluntfaced,
Top Bottom