Bipolar disorder and vaping

little maggie

I've been working with a guy who ends up having a severe manic episode every time he uses concentrates which is mainly what he uses. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or heard of it? I told him to stop using concentrates and he said he was going to take a break from all marijuana. He didn't end up doing that and is back in a locked unit.

little maggie,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I've been working with a guy who ends up having a severe manic episode every time he uses concentrates which is mainly what he uses. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or heard of it? I told him to stop using concentrates and he said he was going to take a break from all marijuana. He didn't end up doing that and is back in a locked unit.

I have a good friend with bipolar that uses cannabis, and can say from years of observation that even indica flowers could definitely set off a manic episode in him. So now he can't use unless he's neither depressed nor manic.

Here's something that might be relevant for him. I hope he recovers and stays well.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811144/

syrupy,
Top Bottom