Biggest cloud "generator"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I would like to add as someone pointed out that the HI will run slightly hotter with a standard 12v power supply. I now only run My HI with a VVPS as I have accidentally combusted with the 12v standard.

Great to hear your 1/4 is still going Stu. Is that the same original Twig? I now have the Tupelo Goblet back as well and only run it on special occasions to prolong the life of the piece.

If the HI runs hotter than my prototype core then I don't want it because it is a fire hazard :razz:

If I want I can get black ABV with that thing. Think solo on 7 abv just less crispy and plastic feeling.

mod note: The HI is not a fire hazard.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
My 1/4 is one of the original Birthday dogs. Poor guy could never really get hot enough, but he's still cute as hell.

If I remember correctly the birthday vapes were all rather large weren't they? Have you tried your BDUD one a slightly higher voltage Stu? I really believe a variable voltage PSU should be standard issue for log-vape-lovers. Finding and using the right voltage can make a world of difference with these little wooden vapes I've noticed.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
If I remember correctly the birthday vapes were all rather large weren't they? Have you tried your BDUD one a slightly higher voltage Stu? I really believe a variable voltage PSU should be standard issue for log-vape-lovers. Finding and using the right voltage can make a world of difference with these little wooden vapes I've noticed.

I agree 100%, but falling asleep at >12v is a serious risk to consider :/ Probably best to highly suggest it once someone understands the risk involved. Used properly they are amazing though.

darkrom,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
darkrom, you need to take two giant steps back and think about what you are saying in your previous post. Implying that the HI could be a fire hazard is not only not true, it is slanderous. :2c:

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
I agree 100%, but falling asleep at >12v is a serious risk to consider :/ Probably best to highly suggest it once someone understands the risk involved. Used properly they are amazing though.

• Do not state opinion as fact. We don’t want to spread bad information. And your 'information' is bad.

max,

darkrom

Great Scott!
darkrom, you need to take two giant steps back and think about what you are saying in your previous post. Implying that the HI could be a fire hazard is not only not true, it is slanderous. :2c:

I was joking implying that it can't possibly be hotter than my underdog. I am actually in need of something to reduce the power to it while I am using it in the car. The ABV from my underdog setup is so dark that on times it has been on the combustion line. I certainly didn't mean to suggest that the HI at 12v is a risk so I see the concern there and I'm sorry for the poor phrasing. I've mentioned before that my underdog is a prototype core and it actually gets TOO hot. I forget not everyone knows this off the top of their head. The 12v HI is NOT a fire risk, but I also know that my car is much greater than 12v out while it is running, so I honestly don't have a clue if the HI is rated for over 12v or not. It was a joke and I'd edit my post for clarity but I don't have that option. I thought the ridiculous over the top smiley would have hinted that I was joking. I certainly wasn't implying that some well liked vape I haven't used was a fire hazard as is.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
  • Do not state opinion as fact. We don’t want to spread bad information. And your 'information' is bad.

What did I do wrong in the post you quoted? I understand the post about the HI which I phrased very poorly, but leaving some log vapes running at higher than their designed temp IS a risk. Not necessarily burn the house down risk, but for example my underdog. If I fell asleep at the 14.5v I've used in the past to take hash hits, I can guarantee there would be some charring and damage to the vape if I left it like that for hours. Dave has said many times high voltages are safe for boosts but are not something you can run 24/7.

darkrom,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I was joking
NOT funny, but apology accepted. I don't know about Alan though. Perhaps you should personally see to that too? :nope:

This is a real good example of thinking before acting. Next time you are joking around, perhaps it would be a good idea to read over what you've written before you hit reply.

momofthegoons,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

If you google for "sarcastic smiley face" guess which one is the first one that pops up?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=2p6hT-zjAonEgQeqv-2BCQ

I agree it was worded poorly, but I don't think it was quite a huge deal since I've cleared it up even though it was just poor interpretation of smiley faces and my intended usage. The HI is not a fire hazard. I see joking on FC all the time and was just joking along as well. I will refrain so no one else misinterprets my smiley faces from now on.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I'll prolly be getting a underdog twig also within the next 6 months or so but I wanted to say that my SSV will milk a piece with ease. I love my SSV, but sometimes I get to ripped at nite and leave it on all day I know its not a huge concern but I like the thought of having a vape made to run full time. That's ready to put out ridiculous amounts of vapor 24/7.

Puffers,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'll prolly be getting a underdog twig also within the next 6 months or so but I wanted to say that my SSV will milk a piece with ease. I love my SSV, but sometimes I get to ripped at nite and leave it on all day I know its not a huge concern but I like the thought of having a vape made to run full time. That's ready to put out ridiculous amounts of vapor 24/7.

I think 7th Floor has had a DBV or SSV running for years now without problems :rockon: Not trying to say you should, or that you shouldn't get a twig, I think my twig was one of my best purchases in a long time.

darkrom,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
I'm torn between 5 vapes (in order of preference, for now)
Quality and Quantity of vapor is a must
Efficiency is a plus...

Supreme Vaporizer (if it's still sold?)
Vriptech Vapor Heat Wand (back in the days I wanted their HG model with the Heat gun haha)

Heat Island (HI)

VapeXhale Cloud

As you can see, ease of use is not much of a problem.
And it will be used through my 14.4mm Roor.

From what I've seen I'd prefer the HI for it's ease of use on the "lazy" days, but I'm unsure if it will produce those big hits I like so much.

The Supreme seems easier to use than the VHW since it's similar to a nail and dome...

And then there's the VapeXhale Cloud, which is bulkier, but since it's half-released, it's hard to compare it to the other vapes I've listed. My impression is the VXC is a bigger "log" vape that would compare with the VHW. Hopefully stonemonkey55 will comment on this one since I've seen his vids. did some nice milks with both :o
Seeing that with today's technology you could milk a bong with vapor amazed me. Hence my quest for a vaporizer for my bong.

Thanks for your comments!

from your list i would say the cloud and vrip will be the biggest hitter.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: SacToker

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I think 7th Floor has had a DBV or SSV running for years now without problems :rockon: Not trying to say you should, or that you shouldn't get a twig, I think my twig was one of my best purchases in a long time.

If I recall correctly that SSV after running for 7 years nonstop finally passed on (RIP) I think a couple of months ago. So I know it's not a huge concern mine stays at vaping temp (2 o'clock) probably 60 hrs a week or more. When I turn it "off" I turn the dial down all the way before the "click" of completely off. I suppose I am just untrusting, as a mechanic of sorts; I know mechanical and heating elements are subject to flaws and varying degrees of life spans within a product line. So I try not to over do it and subject it to continous runtime. That being said I also believe that turning this particular vape all the way off then warming it up by maxing out the dial 5 times a day or more is subjecting to a whole other kind of wear and tear I don't desire.The heating element going from room temp to 100's of degrees very quickly, mechanicanical pot switch (I assume) contacts opening and closing hundreds of times a yr. Even though 7th floor has an incredible warranty and it wouldnt be shipping far. Having a vape fail for any reason especially my SSV is something i want to prolong as LONG as possible. I am probably overly cautious and analyzing but that's just me lol

Puffers,

darkrom

Great Scott!
If I recall correctly that SSV after running for 7 years nonstop finally passed on (RIP) I think a couple of months ago. So I know it's not a huge concern mine stays at vaping temp (2 o'clock) probably 60 hrs a week or more. When I turn it "off" I turn the dial down all the way before the "click" of completely off. I suppose I am just untrusting, as a mechanic of sorts; I know mechanical and heating elements are subject to flaws and varying degrees of life spans within a product line. So I try not to over do it and subject it to continous runtime. That being said I also believe that turning this particular vape all the way off then warming it up by maxing out the dial 5 times a day or more is subjecting to a whole other kind of wear and tear I don't desire.The heating element going from room temp to 100's of degrees very quickly, mechanicanical pot switch (I assume) contacts opening and closing hundreds of times a yr. Even though 7th floor has an incredible warranty and it wouldnt be shipping far. Having a vape fail for any reason especially my SSV is something i want to prolong as LONG as possible. I am probably overly cautious and analyzing but that's just me lol

I can absolutely understand the mindset, but on the other hand I believe SO wholeheartedly in the durability of their vapes that I'm torn haha. Either way you will enjoy it for years to come I'm sure.

darkrom,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I can absolutely understand the mindset, but on the other hand I believe SO wholeheartedly in the durability of their vapes that I'm torn haha. Either way you will enjoy it for years to come I'm sure.
I am sure your quite right (knocks on wood) and at the rate I am going I'll have some back up vapes if that happens

Puffers,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom