Gear Bigger Dome or Smaller Dome?

MGG

Pretty simple question. What do you think is better and why, what are the real differences between the two? I picked up a david golstein dome and it really is quite large. I personally prefer larger domes cause it's eassier to get my dabber in there, but i wonder if it makes much difference to the hit?

So yeah if anyone has any input/opinions i'd be interested/happy to hear :p ^.^

MGG,

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
Bigger, wont heat up too easily by the nail you use. (More volume = better)

Tommii,

jdee

I'd be more concerned with the size of the rig. small oil rig = huge flavor, anything else = not so huge flavor. The more AIR that is allowed to mix (due to having a large piece, or using domes) with your delicious, flavorful vapor, the less intense the flavor will be.

Out of all the things I've vaped oil from hitting dabs off a ggirl rig is by far the best experience
P1030657_zps63c9af0c.jpg

farscaper

Having used both large and small or if u will loose and snug domes... I prefer a small snug dome if im using a nail. Here is why.

with a large open dome I notice that the hit is often thinner especially when paired with a,small nail that has no thermal retention. I like a tight fitting dome with a larger 18mm divited head quartz nail. Easy to bhomb, easy to dab... There is enough restriction that as you pull the vapor imo seems more concentrated. Ive noted this in rigs small and large. While I agree that a small oil rig is waaaay better than a,big one, I think a small dome is better hit wise...

If ur a messy badder.... Well maybe a large dome would be beter... To each their own. As long as u are enjoying ur dab, who cares! ;)

Caligula

Maximus
I'd be more concerned with the size of the rig. small oil rig = huge flavor, anything else = not so huge flavor. The more AIR that is allowed to mix (due to having a large piece, or using domes) with your delicious, flavorful vapor, the less intense the flavor will be.

Out of all the things I've vaped oil from hitting dabs off a ggirl rig is by far the best experience
P1030657_zps63c9af0c.jpg

Cant seem to find these for sale anywhere...

Caligula,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Here's a question? I have only an infinity T nail. Is it fine or should I get a quartz? I use my recycler 80% of the time.

Jeppy,

farscaper

I started with a vapenwiser domeless and a Ti pad and glass curve. I switched to quartz after buying a setup to try. I like quartz better, but many will disagree... I still use Ti occasionally, but prefer quartz

MGG

I started with a vapenwiser domeless and a Ti pad and glass curve. I switched to quartz after buying a setup to try. I like quartz better, but many will disagree... I still use Ti occasionally, but prefer quartz

What do you prefer about quartz out of interest?

MGG,

farscaper

Ease of cleaning, taste an dropping bhombs on a 18mm divited quartz nail is stircrazy fun!!

The shape of the quartz divited nail makes it super easy to clean. The cup head not so much. I used a cup for a long time though and it wasnt to bad, thing about quartz is that you have to break it in to get consistant flavor like Ti.

Really its just personal preferance. You can snag a domeless quartz on ebay for 10 bucks. Well worth a go if nothing else to simply find out if you like it. Taste is so subjective. Maybe I,have weird taste buds :D

farscaper,
Top Bottom