BHO Tincture Attempt -- Olive Oil Base

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
Hey all,

I have not posted on here for awhile, primarily b/c I have not been cooking much do to a lack of trim. Well, the trim came, and here is my new tincture recipe:

I made BHO using approximately 64g of trim (popcorns, inner trim, and fan leaves). Once ALL of the butane evaporated, I reconstituted with a touch of PGA, just to make it easier to work with. I then put this into a crockpot with 4 oz. of vanilla bean infused extra virgin Italian olive oil, that I have been infusing for a couple months.
*I decided to use olive oil as a base b/c some ppl complain that PGA irritates their stomach, and VG just doesn't seem like a good enough solvent.
To this, I added 1/2 tsp. of soy lecithin. (Thank you BadKitty for this idea, and welcome to FC)!
I let sit in the crockpot on low for a couple hours to decarb.
*I only did the above step b/c I was so excited to work with the new batch of trim, that I forgot to decarb first in the oven.

The tincture is rather strong. I take 1/2 dropper and I feel great. My roommate who has a very high tolerance takes 1 whole dropper to get where he needs to be.

The problem I have is that it takes almost 2 hours to feel the full effects. However, they can begin to be felt in about 30 minutes, or so.

I don't know if this is b/c the human body takes awhile to break down the BHO, or if it's the olive oil.

What I do know is that I have purchased cannabis olive oil gelatin capsules before and I have felt the full effects very quickly. So, it may not be an inherent problem with the olive oil itself.

Any insight is greatly appreciated! :)

Nuphile,
thats typically how long it takes edibles to activate. An alcohol tincture works faster because it activates in the blood stream and liver. I have obviously have no scientific reasoning or evidence and I am probably wrong.

biojuggernaut,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
biojuggernaut said:
I have obviously have no scientific reasoning or evidence and I am probably wrong.
That's the best disclaimer ever. :lol:

Stu,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
biojuggernaut said:
thats typically how long it takes edibles to activate. An alcohol tincture works faster because it activates in the blood stream and liver. I have obviously have no scientific reasoning or evidence and I am probably wrong.

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that when I make edibles using cannabutter, they have never taken that long to kick in. Definately in less than 1 hour.

Nuphile,
Top Bottom