Bho extract: Does cannabis need to be pressed?

marcofreccia

Hi Guys
I want to do some Bho extractions (using DME)
Some websites say the cannabis should be pressed into the tube, other websites say not to press it. From your experience which is best?

Last edited:
marcofreccia,

Mr.Cabre

hi bro ,i think you need to press it just a little ,and for testing first fill the tube ,place the coffee filter(i prefer only one layer), then blow in to the tube,if it was so hard to blow that means you pressed it too much

marcofreccia

hi bro ,i think you need to press it just a little ,and for testing first fill the tube ,place the coffee filter(i prefer only one layer), then blow in to the tube,if it was so hard to blow that means you pressed it too much
Hi . thanks for your answer . i did some experiences in the meantime . Better no press, I froze the fresh flowers as recommended and they packed into the tube. I tried filling the tube completely and then halfway. Both times everything compressed automatically with the gas pressure. So don't press. I have doubts about frozen flowers but they recommend doing it so the trichomes come off better. I'm not using quality weed for experience

marcofreccia,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Just be careful. And have proper ventilation.
BHO also stands for blow hands off.
I always did it outside.
And only lightly press herb in.
And perge your oil well...
via vacuum chamber and light heat.
Freeze live plants to try and get live resin.

Melting Pot,
Reactions: LesPlenty

marcofreccia

Just be careful. And have proper ventilation.
BHO also stands for blow hands off.
I always did it outside.
And only lightly press herb in.
And perge your oil well...
via vacuum chamber and light heat.
Freeze live plants to try and get live resin.
Hi Melting Pot . Thanks for your answer ! Do you grind the flower or do you just cut them to fit into the tube?
My doubt is this : Alwais outdoor :) When I put the flowers and then use the gas, I usually use dimethyl either, the flowers become a single block. How can I make sure I have collected all the trichomes? What do you do with the flowers after gas extraction? They are details but they can be important. Because with 2 extractions that I tried, 1 with a full tube and the other with half a tube, the liquid came out clear straight away, the product didn't come out very green, at least at begin . I suspect I did something wrong. Thanks

marcofreccia,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I've never used dimethyl.
Always butane its been a while so do your homework. Only certain brands don't add oil.
Whole nuggs pack a full tube you want Gass to pass through flower not around it. I always toss
bud away after.

marcofreccia

I've never used dimethyl.
Always butane its been a while so do your homework. Only certain brands don't add oil.
Whole nuggs pack a full tube you want Gass to pass through flower not around it. I always toss
bud away after.
I don't know where you are based, Now here in Europe I found a company that supplies both dimethyl and butane. I want to try using these two products together. I want to learn how to make good extracts, here in Malta they have legalized the cultivation of cannabis. However, I will also follow this advice, filling the tube with whole flowers. Thank you

marcofreccia,

marcofreccia

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're asking these kind of questions, I really worry about your safety.

Why not make rosin, or dry sift, or bubble, or QWET, and eliminate any risk of hurting yourself, others, or your property?
Thank you but it doesn't seem that dangerous to me if you do it outdoors and in any case I love chemistry. I enjoy extracting, purging and winterizing. I don't know the differences with the other extracts. Now I started with this. If this method exists and there are companies specialized in this, it means that it has its value as a system

marcofreccia,

Farid

Open blasting is extremely dangerous. Blasting outside helps reduce risks, but does not eliminate them entirely.

Today, butane is best left to those who have the right equipment to do it safely. If you can't invest in that equipment, I'd highly suggest you stick to other great methods of extracting.

If you love chemistry you can focus on post processing. Make some rosin and then process it into your consistency of choice.

kurtgleason

Based on my experience, it's generally recommended not to press the cannabis into the tube during BHO extraction, especially when using DME (Dimethyl Ether). Pressing the cannabis tightly can lead to channeling or uneven extraction, potentially impacting the quality and yield of your final product. Instead, allowing the material to loosely fill the tube enables better solvent penetration and extraction efficiency.

Last edited:
Top Bottom