BFG Castle ‘unofficial thread’

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
e nickel plate on the Lotus was my main holdback... unsure if it should be a true concern
Also, remember that on the Vapman Thread, the manufacturers say that exposed copper on the Vapman bowl (if the gold leaf flakes off) is not harmful to health. This is not a universally agreed position, (and doesn't stop me from using the Vapman) but indicates the company's appetite for risk, and how that's very different from some consumer groups

Farid

Dynavap knockoffs have been on the market for a long time, they don't sell well because they suck.

Dani don't suck, they sell.

My point was that the market alone is not enough to protect IP. I'm not saying the Dani is a knockoff - I don't believe it is. But there are tons of people here with the sentiment "even if it is a knockoff who cares" which I have serious issues with.

To your point, if the dynavap knockoffs were actually good knockoffs they would sell, unfortunately.

My only beef with the Dani is the name. As for the castle, I think users did it a disservice when they called it the return of the lotus, if it is in fact different. I can't really say because I've never touched one.

There seems to be a growing sentiment among some here that any remotely established vape company is a "big corporation". I don't think people realize how tiny this industry is, and forming a circular firing squad does nobody any good. Especially when all of it could be wiped away with the flick of a legislator's pen.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
My point was that the market alone is not enough to protect IP. I'm not saying the Dani is a knockoff - I don't believe it is. But there are tons of people here with the sentiment "even if it is a knockoff who cares" which I have serious issues with.

To your point, if the dynavap knockoffs were actually good knockoffs they would sell, unfortunately.

My only beef with the Dani is the name. As for the castle, I think users did it a disservice when they called it the return of the lotus, if it is in fact different. I can't really say because I've never touched one.

There seems to be a growing sentiment among some here that any remotely established vape company is a "big corporation". I don't think people realize how tiny this industry is, and forming a circular firing squad does nobody any good. Especially when all of it could be wiped away with the flick of a legislator's pen.
Everyone keeps saying "the name" but it's not pronounced like Danny down the street and it's not meant to sound like Dynavap, it's from the language they speak

But I definitely agree that this is a very niche market

tinctorus,

Farid

It's from Danisa butter cookies, not exactly a Vietnamese word. Company is Danish.
But this is off topic from the castle, so we should probably end it here, my fault.

Farid,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It is so silly this keeps coming up. BFG literally said that all reasons are bullshit on the Dani thread:
DaniVape is a name which could have many explainations. How about if I say Danh is my name in Vietnam and Nina is my girlfriend's name, so the name "Dani" come up from that ? Or "Dani" is actually a real name in Spain so I use DaniVape name to approach Spain's market because Spain could be my target or I have been inspired by Dani Box by Discodes ? C'on everybody know how you guys are gonna react when we use this name and we still took it anyway. Why ?

If we use another totally different name, just like Anvil and you guys will judge it as a knock-off thing anyway because its shape, won't ya ? So why we don't take that name, trigger people's imagination and see how people talk about it, in a judging way or encouraging way it's still fun hehe :lol::lol::lol: Real users won't notice much about that stupid name, they will notice about its different mechanism and how we solve some problems that other butan vapes have.

In conclusion, "Dani" is just a guessing game, we even explained with Danisa cookies thing as a meme on our social media. Because at the end of the day, h
It's clearly meant to sound like dynavap. It's fine. But if you think it's a cookie or Danh, you aren't listening to the creator of the vape. Or you just don't want to know.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
When were people hailing this as the return of the Lotus? I’m pretty sure everyone in here has said this is not a lotus?

seriousTone

It is so silly this keeps coming up. BFG literally said that all reasons are bullshit on the Dani thread:

It's clearly meant to sound like dynavap. It's fine. But if you think it's a cookie or Dang, you aren't listening to the creator of the vape. Or you just don't want to know.
That explanation they gave was so good, it's one of the reasons I got the fusion honestly.

Kreator87

I read the release is pushed back until May on the BFG Instagram

Last edited:
Kreator87,

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Choosing a name that sounds similar to Dynavap is hardly bad business compared to gatekeeping MadHeaters and enabling goons like Simrell to run around strong arming small makers. American bully companies and their patents are often the greasiest denominator in all of this.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
fcforum.jpg

Arawfish

Green Thumb
So my Castle landed today… first impression is that it’s got some heft to it for sure, and the metal bowl / WPA is definitely a lot larger than it needs to be. The build quality on this seems really nice and the bowl slides in and out from the heat plate with ease. A definite advantage for people who use on rigs but a big disadvantage to those who prefer Jhooks I think.

As for function, I got pretty decent results on my first try. I heated the plate with my Vapman torch set to full power and did small circles in the centre until it started to glow, then I started the draw and kept heating while paying attention to vapour density to make sure I wasn’t close to combusting. Totally possible to combust but once you start the draw it robs a lot of heat away pretty quickly.

Taste was pretty good but as usual through a water piece it’s nothing to write home about. I’m vaping cheetah piss right now and it’s got a particularly pungent terpene set that shines through no matter what vape I’m using.

(Second picture is after that first hit)

This Rosewood is beautiful though! Love adding more wood to the collection.

Edit: This is a beta unit I forgot to add.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
After another night of testing this thing out, I can say I really don’t like using it. Far too much of a chore. The amount of heat needed to get the results I’m looking for is a little too hot… quite possibly hot enough to be off gassing the stainless steel heat plate. I know bing modded his to bring the herb closer to the heat but that ain’t worth the hassle for me. I’ll be listing this in the exchange later.

leanpubpackage

After another night of testing this thing out, I can say I really don’t like using it. Far too much of a chore. The amount of heat needed to get the results I’m looking for is a little too hot… quite possibly hot enough to be off gassing the stainless steel heat plate. I know bing modded his to bring the herb closer to the heat but that ain’t worth the hassle for me. I’ll be listing this in the exchange later.
Thanks for saving me some dough! I had a suspicion what you described would be the case

seriousTone

Interesting because just from looking at the pics you posted of it, something about the device, I was like...eh.

Weedaholic

I heated the plate with my Vapman torch set to full power and did small circles in the centre until it started to glow,
The minute i started reading this was enough for me to bail out on the castle...Not a good sign for me if you have to get to the point of a glowing red hot plate to get decent results ....The bowl must sit to far away from the heat plate .So glad i ordered another new lotus instead for myself and one for my friend...Time to scratch this one off the wish list.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
That might be why it's delayed until May. Work out the kinks. Thanks for taking one for the team @Arawfish
In all fairness Vu told me the metal should not be glowing, and to close off the airflow by 2/3rds. The method he described to me makes me think “there’s no way to get good results this way, with the herbs so far from the flame” but in the spirit of making this work I’m going to give it another go this evening.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Cheeky double post.

After another night of testing, closing the airflow off significantly has improved the overall performance, and I don’t need to get the metal glowing to produce vapour which is good. The Vapour I am getting is rather thin and whispy though, you really gotta take your lungs for all their worth and even then it’s not personally too satisfying.

Changing up the airflow totally changed how this device conducts heat. On the first night with open flow, the bowl itself wouldn’t even get hot to touch after 3 bowls but with the air restricted the heat spread fast throughout the device after the first bowl. I gotta say if there’s a couple things I do enjoy, it’s the airflow control ring, and the beauty of the Rosewood itself.

I know the lotus is going to be leagues better, but maybe this style of device just isn’t my bag. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Top Bottom