Beware of Exotic carts, Testing for Pesticides And Lower THC Content

iloveCBD

Manufacturer
I live in the bay area and these things are selling for $25 a gram. Stay away from Exotic carts, cereal carts, or dank vapes. These have all tested for pesticides.

Great article about fake exotic carts

Whats your experience with exotic carts cartridges? I heard people having chest pains from vaping them.

Tranquility

You should be careful with all carts you buy, even those that are not fake. There is a change in testing procedures in CA as of the beginning of the year (2019) where heavy metals are a part of the results. A LOT of carts are testing positive for lead. There is also a grandfather clause where the dispensaries can sell carts made before the changes even though heavy metals were not tested.

Because some are supposing the lead being found is due to the make up of the cartridge itself rather than in the cannabis used to fill it, many have been inhaling something that can make you stupid. Permanently. One problem is a theory the terps interacting with the cart's metal parts is freeing up some heavy metal and testing at manufacture might not catch the problem.

https://www.ganjapreneur.com/californias-new-stringent-testing-discovers-lead-in-vape-cartridges/

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/california-cannabis-labs-are-finding-toxic-metal-in-vape-carts

mephisto

Well I don't have any way to verify that the 15 CCell atomizers that I have are: #1 authentic, #2 safe to use.
So it is with deep regret to the landfill that I am trashing ALL of my CCell carts. I generally fill my own and have purchased them a number of times from a "reputable" source. However, LEAD wins over speculation in this case. Into the trash ya' go!
Vape safe(r) good Family......

Tranquility

Well I don't have any way to verify that the 15 CCell atomizers that I have are: #1 authentic, #2 safe to use.
So it is with deep regret to the landfill that I am trashing ALL of my CCell carts. I generally fill my own and have purchased them a number of times from a "reputable" source. However, LEAD wins over speculation in this case. Into the trash ya' go!
Vape safe(r) good Family......
You might hold on to them for a little if they're not filled. As I wrote, one theory is the lead is leached from the metal because of the terpenes. If they find that is the case, filling and using within a short time might not be enough contact time to get much lead into the oil. If you have any investment in the stuff, put it in a baggie in the back of a closet and wait until someone comes up with the probable mechanism for the contamination. (Hopefully, a timeline of safety as well.)

mephisto

Yeah, that is a good option. My carts are generally filled with poor quality reclaim/rosin/cbd isolate combos.
I can't say I will miss them, and I can attest to the relative safety of my other methods for extract consumption. For some reason your wording " to get much lead...." helped convince me fully to trash them.
It was hard enough to resist all those paint chips as a child.

Tranquility

Yeah, that is a good option. My carts are generally filled with poor quality reclaim/rosin/cbd isolate combos.
I can't say I will miss them, and I can attest to the relative safety of my other methods for extract consumption. For some reason your wording " to get much lead...." helped convince me fully to trash them.
It was hard enough to resist all those paint chips as a child.

The green ones were delicious.

i-know-words-i-have-the-best-words.jpg

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I live in WA state. Some months ago I started using carts mostly flavored. I found that I was getting sinus infections. I had three colds in three months. I was almost ready to give up but I liked the flavored oil. Some brands didn’t effect me in a negative way. It’s been trial and error until I found what works well for me.

I’ve been buying a brand called OHM oil that can be used in vaporizer ecig tank. It’s installed with a syringe. I haven’t experienced any negative health issues since. It’s buyer beware. If something makes you feel bad or irritates your lungs don’t use it. Some carts that I’ve used were too rough on my lungs and made me cough too much.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the testing here? It’s says it’s 86% THC, not sure if I can believe that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom