Better dosing capsule vape than tinymight 2?

637vape

I just got a tm2 and it’s pretty good with the capsules (too much draw resistance even with no tamp, but still enjoyable), way better without them but i like how easy the capsules are to use. Is this currently the best portable for dosing capsules? Is it worth getting a mighty to compare, or possible another vape I’m not thinking of?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I just got a tm2 and it’s pretty good with the capsules (too much draw resistance even with no tamp, but still enjoyable), way better without them but i like how easy the capsules are to use. Is this currently the best portable for dosing capsules? Is it worth getting a mighty to compare, or possible another vape I’m not thinking of?
I dislike dosing caps, but if I didn't I would look into a Firewood8.

CANtalk

Go desktop for low draw resistance, power and flexibility. The Mighty is no better. But many better desktops are available. My daily driver is a Vapexhale EVO... 250 watt spec'd heater, big ELB size & dose flexibility (Easy Load Bowl), plus some best in-class low draw resistance. Overall a big-time & smooth extractor with amazing flavors from its glass airpath and SS basket.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:
CANtalk,

vapeape77

Nah don’t get a Mighty to compare for the caps. I have the updated ceramic coated Crafty and I never use the caps in it since the coating stays so clean. Sometimes I throw a lid on a nug to make sure it’s toasted but that’s about it.

The caps are convenient in the TM2 and for me add a bit of conduction which I like sometimes. But it’s not a feature of the tinymight imo either…. Still nice to have options on the go for sure!

vapeape77,
Reactions: dimmusp

ChipNJ

I was hoping the TM2 dosing caps would work well, I was not impressed with how they perform (I have both versions). When I first started vaping I got a Mighty+ and I loved the convenience of loading a bunch of dosing caps and having a bunch of different strains. What I do for my TM2 is I bought 24 TM rimmed screens and a s-b-capsule-caddy and a JyARz Satchmo (it was an optional add on) and storz-bickel-dosing-capsule-loading-tray-spacer-kit all from Delta-3d-Studios. The TM rimmed basket screens fit in the S&B dosing cap caddy and work with the S&B loading tray. I load 6 sets of 4 rimmed screens with different strains and store them in the caddy with a small Boveda 62%. 24 loaded rimmed screens last me a little over three weeks.

vapeape77

I was hoping the TM2 dosing caps would work well, I was not impressed with how they perform (I have both versions). When I first started vaping I got a Mighty+ and I loved the convenience of loading a bunch of dosing caps and having a bunch of different strains. What I do for my TM2 is I bought 24 TM rimmed screens and a s-b-capsule-caddy and a JyARz Satchmo (it was an optional add on) and storz-bickel-dosing-capsule-loading-tray-spacer-kit all from Delta-3d-Studios. The TM rimmed basket screens fit in the S&B dosing cap caddy and work with the S&B loading tray. I load 6 sets of 4 rimmed screens with different strains and store them in the caddy with a small Boveda 62%. 24 loaded rimmed screens last me a little over three weeks.
What is it specifically you dislike about the TM v2 caps? Do they slid up the glass or something? Interested since you like using Mighty caps and I was looking at the TM caps. Stainless steel should work well in theory…

I’d probably not put a lid on each cap and face the open end towards the oven if airflow is part of the issue, easy to do if you prefer whole nug taste like me.

Anyway I should just follow your lead and order 8 rimmed TM baskets for on the go. I have a few but they get caught on the o ring when I pull the glass out and I have to fiddle with it…

Last edited:

ChipNJ

What is it specifically you dislike about the TM v2 caps? Do they slid up the glass or something? Interested since you like using Mighty caps and I was looking at the TM caps. Stainless steel should work well in theory…

I’d probably not put a lid on each cap and face the open end tower ards the oven if airflow is part of the issue, easy to do if you prefer whole nug taste like me.

Anyway I should just follow your lead and order 8 rimmed TM baskets for on the go. I have a few but they get caught on the o ring when I pull the glass out and I have to fiddle with it…
I don't like the vapor I get out of them. I have a bunch loaded with flower, and I have been moving it to rimmed baskets. I tried a v2 dosing cap again last night and still felt that I was not getting anywhere near the vapor I get from the rimmed baskets. I really wished that they worked, but I have already given away 8 of the 32 I have as I empty them. BTW with the TM rimmed baskets, I do not have an issue with them getting caught, I have some others from Amazon and they get caught every time. They are slightly bigger.

vapeape77

I don't like the vapor I get out of them. I have a bunch loaded with flower, and I have been moving it to rimmed baskets. I tried a v2 dosing cap again last night and still felt that I was not getting anywhere near the vapor I get from the rimmed baskets. I really wished that they worked, but I have already given away 8 of the 32 I have as I empty them. BTW with the TM rimmed baskets, I do not have an issue with them getting caught, I have some others from Amazon and they get caught every time. They are slightly bigger.
Appreciate the feedback. I rigged the cooling until into a couple dosing caps after taking it apart and inserting screens in them this week. I’m gonna have to test it out some more to judge vapor better… I would prefer not to waste 20 more bucks. Thanks again

Edit order placed!
Got this cheap square water piece too

Last edited:

637vape

Would you say capsules in a mighty+ are a better experience?

Vapor production does suffer with the tm2 using the dosing capsules, but im getting more of a ‘thick milkshake’ effect after the first draw. I have tried loading them all sorts of ways but after the first hit it always becomes an issue.

The tm2 rips without the capsules so maybe I will just use it like that from now on a continue my search.

ChipNJ

Would you say capsules in a mighty+ are a better experience?

Vapor production does suffer with the tm2 using the dosing capsules, but im getting more of a ‘thick milkshake’ effect after the first draw. I have tried loading them all sorts of ways but after the first hit it always becomes an issue.

The tm2 rips without the capsules so maybe I will just use it like that from now on a continue my search.
I would say rimmed baskets in the TM2 are amazing, but when I use the mighty+ (20% of the time I vape) I always use the dosing caps. For me mighty+ with dosing caps is when I want super easy 3 to 4 vapes (I do 185, 195 and 205 steps and drop the dosing cap out after each step) and TM2 with rimmed baskets is 80% of my vaping and that is when I want to enjoy the flavor and it also gets me more out of the same amount of flower the mighty+ would. I follow Shit Snacks advice on temp stepping on the TM2 (start LOW).

vapeape77

I would say rimmed baskets in the TM2 are amazing, but when I use the mighty+ (20% of the time I vape) I always use the dosing caps. For me mighty+ with dosing caps is when I want super easy 3 to 4 vapes (I do 185, 195 and 205 steps and drop the dosing cap out after each step) and TM2 with rimmed baskets is 80% of my vaping and that is when I want to enjoy the flavor and it also gets me more out of the same amount of flower the mighty+ would. I follow Shit Snacks advice on temp stepping on the TM2 (start LOW).
But man the ceramic coating the Crafty and Mighty is such a good thing to waste with the caps imo…. I do agree they work well, but for me I just put a big ol whole nug in it and throw a steel lid on top to achieve my nirvana spot with S&b

Ps….Ok I just noticed the decreased vapor on the middle hits on my makeshift cap, abv was well toasted…. lol man am I stoned doing that “testing”, ripped Slurricane at 185 on both setups🤪

Last edited:

ChipNJ

But man the ceramic coating the Crafty and Mighty is such a good thing to waste with the caps imo…. I do agree they work well, but for me I just put a big ol whole nug in it and throw a steel lid on top to achieve my nirvana spot with S&b
To be honest, I have never used my mighty+ without a dosing cap. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow night (I already have some Sour Diesel loaded in the TM2 that is calling my name).

grogazola

To be honest, I have never used my mighty+ without a dosing cap. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow night (I already have some Sour Diesel loaded in the TM2 that is calling my name).

I had an OG Mighty for a couple of years, and never used caps. My heater looked pretty decent but there were slight stains of resin. I’ve always believed that built up resin can reduce the conduction vapour output as the aluminum or ceramic bowl needs to conduct through the resin and the flower past it.

I picked up a Crafty+c and I only use caps now. I love having a pristine heater on my Crafty+ since it’s my least used (and least looked after) vape.

Crafty+c imo is an angry little vape and the added conduction from the dosing capsules has me converted. Despite the capsules being short in session, I find the vapour output through capsules crafty+c to be stronger than the mighty og. Whether that’s the shorter/smaller cooling unit, or the ceramic heater upgrade, I can only imagine.

:2c::2c:

gangababa

I had an OG Mighty for a couple of years, and never used caps. My heater looked pretty decent but there were slight stains of resin. ...

I picked up a Crafty+c and I only use caps now. I love having a pristine heater on my Crafty ...

:2c::2c:
It is in this manner that my lesser used Boundless Tera oven is pristine.
I use the Tera as a heater for my frequently used Arizer Solo stems. The stems are the capsule containing cannabis, keeping the oven clean.
In theory and with caps, multiple packed stems could be carried around. Or simply kept available in a desktop caddy.

The S&B dosing capsules fit the Tera but do not work well, as I experience it.
I suppose I ought to try the 'as designed' fully filled oven. After I get some glass.

vapeape77

I use to think the same way about the bowl staying cleaner for the crafty ceramic with a cap, stainless steel cap preferably. After a year with minimum cleaning, doing 4 bowls a day with just the ceramic, I am no longer worried about the crafty looking like my mighty og’s resin walls. It’s like new! I like placing a decent nug in there mostly, maybe that’s why the inter walls stay so clean. Either way I agree Crafty+ is a beast no matter your preferences!

vapeape77,
Reactions: dimmusp

GoldenBud

ripped Slurricane at 185 on both setups🤪
I miss this strain 🥰
AYYSLURRR.jpg

AYYSLURRR2.jpg

@637vape it's been said that a capsule is also a "cage" for herb by @invertedisdead . the world is not perfect, you get comfortness because it's faster to load/unload/carry outside, but you have to pay for it. less airflow overall

it's like the third law of Neuton but in convection vapes u know? you get easier life but your airflow is more restricted

637vape

I miss this strain 🥰

@637vape it's been said that a capsule is also a "cage" for herb by @invertedisdead . the world is not perfect, you get comfortness because it's faster to load/unload/carry outside, but you have to pay for it. less airflow overall

it's like the third law of Neuton but in convection vapes u know? you get easier life but your airflow is more restricted
yeah, that seems to be the consensus. i guess I’ll have to wait for capsule technology to progress before restarting my search.

Oil420FL

Yes and I'm agreeing with you up to the end, but I'm getting less medicated from the TM2 vs. the Mighty at about the same temp [and ABV is nearly identical except Mighty is more even]. I'm in week 1 with the TM2 vs. years with a Mighty. I temp step on the Mighty [370-390 F], but not the TM2 since it's little analog screw is hard to tweak to the right spot for me [7]. I'm here on FC looking for tricks that I haven't learned to help me be more successful with the TM2. I'll try my rimmed basket again. I shied away after I got very uneven roasting: nearly black ABV at a few of wire junctions.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes and I'm agreeing with you up to the end, but I'm getting less medicated from the TM2 vs. the Mighty at about the same temp [and ABV is nearly identical except Mighty is more even]. I'm in week 1 with the TM2 vs. years with a Mighty. I temp step on the Mighty [370-390 F], but not the TM2 since it's little analog screw is hard to tweak to the right spot for me [7]. I'm here on FC looking for tricks that I haven't learned to help me be more successful with the TM2. I'll try my rimmed basket again. I shied away after I got very uneven roasting: nearly black ABV at a few of wire junctions.

Temp stepping is amazing with the TM, I only take one hit at each setting, I start often as low as possible on the dial and turn it up tiny bit by a tiny bit for each hit, I finish below level 5... You should not really be focusing on the temperature setting, or how the AVB looks, especially compared to the mighty its irrelevant really as the TM works differently being pure convection on demand...

The rimmed basket screen puts the load very close to the heater, must be a small load, and you'll want to use lower temp settings, at level 7 it will likely turn black

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I only take one hit at each setting, I start often as low as possible on the dial and turn it up tiny bit by a tiny bit for each hit,

Are you going to the next step on the dial, while the load is still warm/hot? I find with all my convection devices, if I let them go cold, in between sessions as I move to the next temp step, I find my first draw to still be the primer draw, and my next immediate draw is full. So I end up with TWO hits at each temp step on the dial. Usually, it’s 2 hits at 3 temps, for a total of six good hits. On my OG TM I usually hit at 4-5-6, or 5-6-7. Your opinion?

Shit Snacks

Are you going to the next step on the dial, while the load is still warm/hot? I find with all my convection devices, if I let them go cold, in between sessions as I move to the next temp step, I find my first draw to still be the primer draw, and my next immediate draw is full. So I end up with TWO hits at each temp step on the dial. Usually, it’s 2 hits at 3 temps, for a total of six good hits. On my OG TM I usually hit at 4-5-6, or 5-6-7. Your opinion?

This doesn't matter at all, no difference if I'm taking the hit back-to-back, or spaced out over several minutes, that is the whole point of regulation? I hold down the button and it vibrates when attempt, I take a nice long hit relative to the lower the temp is, let go of the button and I keep inhaling until I can fully clear (so even with a back-to-back hit there is not much residual heat left) and I don't find this to be true with other devices either, I do not need to do primer draws with any of my pure convection vapes really?

Oil420FL

Temp stepping is amazing with the TM, I only take one hit at each setting, I start often as low as possible on the dial and turn it up tiny bit by a tiny bit for each hit, I finish below level 5... You should not really be focusing on the temperature setting, or how the AVB looks, especially compared to the mighty its irrelevant really as the TM works differently being pure convection on demand...

The rimmed basket screen puts the load very close to the heater, must be a small load, and you'll want to use lower temp settings, at level 7 it will likely turn black
Thanks. So you’re getting good THC extraction below level 5?

Shit Snacks

Thanks. So you’re getting good THC extraction below level 5?

Yes I can get full extraction, you get less vapor at the upper temps if you milk more at the lower temps like I do, but looking at the herb afterwards, plenty fully extracted (Note that settings on the dial could be different from unit to unit, and user to user different styles etc, like I am not using the cooling unit really ever anymore, WPA with other glass like hooks or aftermarket cooling stems)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
This doesn't matter at all, no difference if I'm taking the hit back-to-back, or spaced out over several minutes, that is the whole point of regulation? I hold down the button and it vibrates when attempt, I take a nice long hit relative to the lower the temp is, let go of the button and I keep inhaling until I can fully clear (so even with a back-to-back hit there is not much residual heat left) and I don't find this to be true with other devices either, I do not need to do primer draws with any of my pure convection vapes really?

Interesting how are different our experiences are. I inhale using button etc., same as you. I always find my 2nd direct hit at any given temperature more full, and much more vapor then 1st hit. Maybe all my device heaters are underpowered, but that would be more strange. Thanks.

Shit Snacks

Interesting how are different our experiences are. I inhale using button etc., same as you. I always find my 2nd direct hit at any given temperature more full, and much more vapor then 1st hit. Maybe all my device heaters are underpowered, but that would be more strange. Thanks.

That is like the old school thinking, with pure convection on demand, first hit is thin taster, second hit full of vapor, but that has not been my experience in a long time with any of the modern units I use regularly... It depends on the load and the settings, as I've said I can kill bowls in one hit easily too, I have full control over what I want to experience, has been my experience! :tup:

Top Bottom