Best Ways to Vape Hash/Kief?

vap999

What are the best ways to vape hash/kief that is not 'full-melt?' (ideally just vaping the hash, not a mixture)?

I've dry sifted good quality kief/hash several times. But the only way I could vape it was to mix/dilute the powdered/fluffed hash or kief into buds prepared normally for vaping; ending up vaping buds boosted with hash/kief. Using mixes with higher proportions of hash/kief, the mix gunks/melts together and fully clogs air flow. This happens with a variety of vapes, whether convection, conduction or hybrids.

Is single-hit-type convection vaping with fluffed hash/kief spread over the screen the best way?

Last edited:

Farid

I've had the best luck with conduction vapes, and a small enough amount of kief that even when it melts there is still some airflow.

I put in just enough to cover the screen, then I heat in a way that I can kill the bowl in one or two hits.

I've had success doing this in the vapcap and years ago in the MFLB. The vapman also does well I've heard.

Farid

Something else that I like to do, but is only possible with less melty hash is to press it lightly without heat into a dry mass. Then to vape it you can break it up. The end result is slightly less fine a powder than kief itself, which helps prevent it from falling through the screen.

With the MFLB, this isn't useful, since it's screen is so fine anyway.

Darth Gram Gram

I have had great luck with using a Dynavap for extracting hash & kief. Hash is easier to work with, but if you have even a thin "bed" of herb down first, you can pack the rest of the chamber full of kief.

Darth Gram Gram,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

olysh pops

It seems to mix conduction and convection is preferable for vaporizing (classic) hash. With Phase3, Volcano and other vaporizers, you can add conduction by leaving the heating element on the glass bowl for a few minutes.

I share my experience

With Mighty/crafty, Volcano, CouchLog, Vapman, Lotus, SteamWhistle, Phase3, place hash on a mesh
With Bakx, fold up hash in mesh (and put mesh inside a basket) as @fucreg123 explain
With Elev8r, TerpCicle, QuartzCap, Tasty Tube use hash on borosilicate beads

Good hash clouds

keep the kief/hash spread thinly to ensure proper airflow and prevent any clogs., experiment with different temperature settings to find the optimal balance between vapor production and preserving the flavors of your material.

verdampersweats

I sprinkle mine on the top of the bowl and quickly it will brown much more than the other bud and will stick and clog if you dont turn it. So i vape it off then once i know its brown stirr it. If i stirr it early i might suck it all into the water.

verdampersweats,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Piecho

If you mean hash in form closer to nepalese balls than dust I do recommend vapcap with water filtering.

tukatukera

Retailer
Alright so here goes:
As someone who almost exclusively vapes hash, aside from a hash pipe system with a deep bowl + rod (electrical or mechanical) your best bet is a vaponic or QC or double-glass style vape. Hell, even buy an Ubie (or 50) if you're lucky enough to find one. There's a reason you want this: hash vapes quite different to herb. Different temps, favors conduction, etc. So you do want something that offers a hybrid experience and also encapsulates the terps. You want something that you can drive into near combustion temps to get those hot and terpy water pipe rips, something most metal vapes will just nuke the flavor to (thus me not recommending dynavap or similar metal hybrids).

If you want metal, try the Stunner, the TA or the Tempest. Since these offer an encapsulated bowl, the pressure drop when you take a rip will compensate for the lack of conduction thus resulting in the best experience in convection hash rips IMO

I could tell you to go with a convection baller desktop but you do need to bump up the temp like at least 50C above herb temps which makes it hard, as well as necessary stirring... it's a good experience but time and trial has told me that your best bet if you wanna bake some 'trates is that you give it some conduction.

However if you do happen to want convection, go with the good ole sticky brick style direct flame convection devices and Opium tech it (soft alcohol flame). This yields awesome thick warm and milky convection hash rips (again, pressure drop makes the magic happen with hash) and can even lead you to the surprise charring or combustion so be careful!

What you basically want to do is create an alternative to the good old banger or skillet or straw for when the hash ain't melty enough or you're just not good with bangers/towers/whatever hype says we dab on now. One could even argue the good old Vaponic does a better job at terp preserving during the hit than a tower does, but that's a whole other can o' worms.

Get yourself some hemp fiber or unbleached cotton or something to put that hash with and you're golden. Make a pad, put your hash on top and let her rip. If you're using something pure convection or convection heavy, traditional hash will tend to bubble and inflate, poke that soufflé when it's nice and ready (use a hatpin or similar, thinner the better).

FWIW i've tossed normal melt into a banger and then just wiped off the remaining residue, usually works a charm and it doesn't need to be 100% full melt to be enjoyed on a skillet.

Always clean away any sticky stuff from the walls of any device with a q tip

Enjoy the melt, embrace the cure.

Any questions, just ask!

someguy

I just got this bowl, and so far I've been liking it, the quartz rod will be forever chazzed but I guess that's ok. The shape of it makes it extra fun for me. The only thing I don't like is how long it takes to heat the rod, got a bigger torch on the way though

getsoutalive

I very much enjoy hash in my AVLP. The oven is perfect for a small nugget wrapped in cotton. Battery will run for 4 or 5 sessions that while set for 10 minutes usually last about 6.5 (nothing between 5 and 10). It takes a few seconds for the device to reach temp, which I just leave at max (464f), and then I give it another 90 seconds or so to start vaping. It makes a good joint replacement for passing around a small group. 18650 batteries, simple to clean, effective, wonderful flavor and less sketchy looking out and about.

GoldenBud

IMHO, the best way to vape hash is when you have a Herb-bedding, so the hash won't damage the screen too early.... or some Rayon bedding.. many vapes are great for hash!

GoldenBud,

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I sometimes vape hash with my tinymight, it works and it does it good.

I think I also found the perfect method for myself that uses both convection and a bit of conduction in my tinymight. I have a spare capsule from a friends vape, a mighty, I think? I load it with small crumbs mixed in hemp fiber, start with one medium long hit at temp 3-4 on my device to warm up the capsule. The cap gets heated up from the start and I think it helps with the extraction. Then I increase temp for each hit up to 7. I sometimes feel a last hit is needed at 7 but there's a risk of scorching when going higher. 8 is the highest I would go

And this is for hashish style hash not concentrates. I have a small stash of a blonde pollen/kif hash I bought a little while ago and it works great with that. But I don't vape hash as often as buds since it takes some time to crumble the hash, so I take it out for those times I vape for the ritual and relaxing time. I still need to find a better way to crumble hash, I tried a cheese grater I have at home but either its an old grater but didn't work too well.

@vap999 like hippie & tukatukera mentioned, using hemp fiber, cotton or rayon could help you with vaping hash

Razhumikin

I sometimes vape hash with my tinymight, it works and it does it good.

I think I also found the perfect method for myself that uses both convection and a bit of conduction in my tinymight. I have a spare capsule from a friends vape, a mighty, I think? I load it with small crumbs mixed in hemp fiber, start with one medium long hit at temp 3-4 on my device to warm up the capsule. The cap gets heated up from the start and I think it helps with the extraction. Then I increase temp for each hit up to 7. I sometimes feel a last hit is needed at 7 but there's a risk of scorching when going higher. 8 is the highest I would go

And this is for hashish style hash not concentrates. I have a small stash of a blonde pollen/kif hash I bought a little while ago and it works great with that. But I don't vape hash as often as buds since it takes some time to crumble the hash, so I take it out for those times I vape for the ritual and relaxing time. I still need to find a better way to crumble hash, I tried a cheese grater I have at home but either its an old grater but didn't work too well.

@vap999 like hippie & tukatukera mentioned, using hemp fiber, cotton or rayon could help you with vaping hash
Vape the lump of hash whole, after two hits crush it and then keep vaping. The hash will crumble very easily once its been heated up.

I vape hash every single day, mostly in full convection devices like logs and 18mm portables, but torch powered full convection vapes also shine with hash, like the steamwhistle/dlx pro/lotus. It works brilliantly, with huge, potent and tasty clouds, as long as you have enough calories in the heater, so I wouldnt try it with a slower old device like a mighty or solo. I prefer it on a bed of dry herb but a bed of hemp fiber works very well also.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Back in the day the Supreme vapes were kind of vaping hash!
It's a blend of conduction and convection which works really well for hash.

A Vapman would also work very nicely!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
It's a blend of conduction and convection which works really well for hash.
Was about to say the same thing (conduction hybrid).

The QaromaShop Taroma 360 is the thing I use my hash / compressed kief in, the hash heats completely and evenly and is able to extract so well that you can get that tight chest feeling from it - like after having a dab - but just from compressed kief.

Top Bottom