Best way to store/transport lots of glass?

TelFiRE

Hey guys,
I have recently acquired more glass than I've had in the past and started to retire old pieces (and was shocked to realize I have like 25 glass pipes I don't need any more) and I got to wondering, how am I going to safely transport this all when I move?

Also was thinking, there's probably a better way to store them than all in a plastic bin next to each other.

Does anyone know of a good transportation and/or long term storage option for like 30 glass pieces? Or is it pretty much just wrap em in bubblewrap or newspaper?

TelFiRE,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I don't have as much glass as you, but I have Pelican Storage cases. I live out of my buddies place right now, so a move is certainly high on my list. The 1550 holds a pretty nice amount of glass, and you can pick and pluck for custom fits. I have 4 pieces in mine now, but its kind of all fucked up because I sold pieces I originally picked and plucked for.

I am getting two pieces on the morrow, and I will be trying to sell one of my other pieces to make a bit more room, and getting fresh inserts to try and make everything fit. I have a decent feeling that I can get pretty close.

I got the Travel buddy from Vapexhale, and its essentially the same thing, but precut. It holds 1 glass piece, I use it for the hydratube, but I've carried other pieces in it while taking the EVO out.

So, a few cases would probably be the best. They are I believe "bombproof" and seal up well. I loaded mine up when I got it, closed it. Stood on top and jumped on it. Everything was fine. Lol. I was willing to risk the China glass.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

TheDarkOne

Another shot out for Pelican cases, have used one for years and they work really well. For as much as you have, I might buy some bubble wrap and use a different storage method once you are settled like those plastic towers people sometimes use for clothes.

TheDarkOne,

TelFiRE

Thanks guys! The concept of pick and pluck foam seems awesome, I might just buy some sheets of the stuff and fashion my own carrying apparatus :brow: Seems cheaper than those Pelicans, and I don't need it to be "bombproof" hahaha. Just protecting mostly DHGate glass :p

Update: Ah your suggestions have lead me to something that seems really sweet and cheap! Kaizen foam. It's layered so you can cut out a shape and pull a layer off, and make basically any custom shape. Same idea but more precision.

I can think of all sorts of things this will be useful for :D

Last edited:

BeardedCrow

I usually get bags for each one...
That and I have a few backpacks I use to carry them to friends house.
I used to like ryot bags, but seems they use the cheapest zippers possible.

Anyone know a good glass bag brand?

BeardedCrow,
Top Bottom