Best way to do a cannabis tasting for a group of people?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
This wont be happening at my apt, its my friends supper club. Id rather not have to schlep lots of logs and glass all the way to brooklyn and back, and I def dont want to have to walk everyone through how to hit a bong/risk them breaking my personal glass pieces that I would have to replace at my own expense. The flavor is most pure from direct draw, and its also the easiest/least intimidating method of using a log.
Also, just a note, its not an "admission" lol, its a statement. I am not ashamed of having 10 UDs nor am I in anyway hiding it, im very happy to have been able to support Dave and Amanda and im all the richer for having my pick of UDs.
Fair point about having to drag it all to your friend’s.

My reason for that response was more because I’ve considered doing the same thing at some local cannabis shows to let people try vaping.

Supper club is another interesting option. I’ve considered getting a couple big Apache cases and pack up a few vvps and a few logs.

I haven’t done it because I can’t quite figure out how I’m making money off it unless I try to do some affiliate marketing for those sellers that do. (StickyBrick / Ed’s TnT/ Dynavap/Simrell/eElev8r).

Unfortunately as you stated all of those have some form of learning curve vs a log.

Canna Chameleon,
Reactions: Razhumikin
Whenever I had groups of people vaping, I brought out all my vapes. Everybody seemed to like a different vape. 2 people liked this one, 3 people liked that one. Only one person liked the other one.

Vapes can be very personal.

InhaleExhale

I've done groups of 3 with a friend who has an EVO joint/whip attachment they sold as the "Hydra". It is a 18MM Female adapter with short plugs as attachments for 4 whips. You have to plug your hose end so the other people can take their hits, hookah style. Of course being the last person in the rotation guarantees fewest terps (not to mention the hose killing a lot of the flavor) so we'd do multiple bowls and rotate who started first. Haven't vaped with any groups larger than that though personally.

InhaleExhale,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I think a bag vape like the Volcano is the way to go. It ensures everyone gets a hit of the same quality of vapor with the same flavor (admitting that the flavor won’t be as good as a fresh hit off a log). It’s also the simplest solution, which is usually the best, and allows you to focus on the qualities of effects of cannabis rather than introducing a whole other element to an entire dinner of having people handle a vape directly.

If you want to be fancy with it, you could get a Super Silver Surfer which looks more like a statement piece than a Volcano in my opinion, but of course the Volcano is a classic and has been many people’s first introduction to vaping, so why not keep the tradition going?

Monk Debate,
Reactions: Franco

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Whats the best way to conduct a tasting for a large-ish group (6) of people who have no exposure to vaping
If it's genuinely about taste, I'd consider decarbing in a sous vide and then adding to condensed milk to make dulce de leche to serve on top of ice cream https://www.sousweed.com/blog. Maybe even a selection of caramel sauces. My experiments with Amnesia Haze and Durban Poison have both worked out very well.

Also j hooks. One each. And then maybe the Fusion on a wooden WPA . Dead easy to swap, and everyone continues to use the same j hook with different strains in the Fusion, passed around

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: Monk Debate

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Just spit ballin' here... but if budget allows, maybe grab six of those new $50 Cheech & Chong convection portables and everyone can have their own setup and gets to leave with a party gift. :cool:

Photonic,

coolbreeze

What about Vapman + Station (if you have one)?
This was my thought as well. A half-dozen VMs and a Station would be perfect.

Edit: Another thought, which would unfortunately require some introduction, is a Prrl Neo or two and a handful of Terp Surfers. Or a ZX and individual banger-hangers w/bowls? I think you could come up with some perfect setup for tasting but it may require an investment on your friend's part. Or I guess another approach could be the feature the vape of the week from your own collection and work out what you need to share it, but I think that becomes more a vape-testing situation than a flower tasting situation. Also, if it's his vape(s), you can load your setup on a cart and wheel it back to the storeroom afterwards.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Remember herbalaire? Didn't they have a thing to connect four whips, hydra style

Shit Snacks,

Principal Guy

I own a volcano, but I dont love the flavor from it. However you are right that its probably the best way to do the tasting, as long as I stick to one bag per strain the flavor should be fine. Great idea, thank you!
Vape rookies I’ve had over seem to consistently prefer the Volcano over ball vapes. I’ve also heard ball vapes seem to be too “hardcore” for occasional consumers.

Last edited:
Principal Guy,
Reactions: Razhumikin

vapviking

Old & In the Way
For lots of folks, vaping is just weird to begin with, and you may have some of that to contend with at the outset?
The Volcano sounds great, but some folks will feel like Woody Allen passing the Orb.

The Mighty. Of course it is not the flavor king, but it is stoopid simple, tasty 'enough', and each person can have a small silicone mp cover, so no saliva gets swapped. Load capsules ahead, swap out often before flavor turns to crap...

If you are doing this on a continuing basis, branch out into more exotic apparatus later. Or at least after dinner! for the 'hardcore'.

Top Bottom