Best Vaporizer for Cold Weather

MinnBobber

For cold I'd say the miniVAP for two + reasons:

1. it has the biggest battery capacity out there. Outside cold reduces all batteries capacity but this starts with the most so when reduced by the cold it still has the most.

2. miniVAP is solid/ weighty so a lot of mass to heat up and retain better in the cold. It would be impacted less than many other portables.

mV is slightly big for a portable. Do you need stealth size to conceal OR just portable and a little bigger is ok??

3. you will love the taste of the mV while enjoying it outdoors.......

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
From what I understand the Solo also does pretty good in the cold. I've never tested this myself, but have heard of others successfully using theirs in the cold. It gets quite cold here in northern Minnesota where I live, but I've never gone outside for a vape sesh in subzero temps... :shrug: :lol:

Maybe I'll give it a go this winter to see how it holds up? I have a feeling my Solo won't disappoint me...

EDIT:
Now that I think about it, I have used my VaporGenie in the cold. It worked like a charm :tup:

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
First, I'll just say that I live somewhere where it is goddamn cold in the winter..... and I mean goddamn cold :rant:

I end up vaping mostly in the garage because I won't keep anything in the house. Building on the previous statements, in the winter it is goddamn cold in the garage.

Enter the concept of vaping quickly and effectively. You'll notice my vapes below.

Vaporbrothers desktop- nice but too much of a pain pulling it out and putting it away.

Firefly- Don't get me started with a goddamn battery powered unit when its zero degrees in the garage.

E-nano-haven't tried it, but I would be worried about the wood cracking.

So yes, the key winter vape for me was the Lotus. I have the wpa and the J hook, but both were too much of a pain when you're in a rush. It's the standard Al stem that got me thru last winter. The attached bowl is also a great scoop. You hit it with a good torch (I like the Zico RT-20) , get 2 draws, stir, one more draw, tap it into the ABV jar and done. Worked like a charm :razz: Also take it anywhere, camping, etc.

This winter I might try the e-nano inside and use a smoke buddy. Otherwise it will be back to the ol' Lotus.

:spliff: <---my new favorite symbol. The FC joint.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
First, I'll just say that I live somewhere where it is goddamn cold in the winter..... and I mean goddamn cold :rant:

I end up vaping mostly in the garage because I won't keep anything in the house. Building on the previous statements, in the winter it is goddamn cold in the garage.

Enter the concept of vaping quickly and effectively. You'll notice my vapes below.

Vaporbrothers desktop- nice but too much of a pain pulling it out and putting it away.

Firefly- Don't get me started with a goddamn battery powered unit when its zero degrees in the garage.

E-nano-haven't tried it, but I would be worried about the wood cracking.

So yes, the key winter vape for me was the Lotus. I have the wpa and the J hook, but both were too much of a pain when you're in a rush. It's the standard Al stem that got me thru last winter. The attached bowl is also a great scoop. You hit it with a good torch (I like the Zico RT-20) , get 2 draws, stir, one more draw, tap it into the ABV jar and done. Worked like a charm :razz: Also take it anywhere, camping, etc.

This winter I might try the e-nano inside and use a smoke buddy. Otherwise it will be back to the ol' Lotus.

:spliff: <---my new favorite symbol. The FC joint.

Awesome! good to hear the lotus works for you! The only thing to note about a butane torch is that they don't work as well at higher elevations. For someone in the cold and high elevations, they may have problems finding the proper butane torch to work with a Lotus.

For what it's worth, the Nano will NOT crack. If it hasn't cracked within the first 6 months of life, it won't crack unless you throw it forcefully on the ground or drive over it with a car. The only problem you will have with the Nano is the slow heatup time, and the cold climate will require you to run the vape at least 1 or 1.5 numbers higher than normal. I'm sure it'd work perfectly (nice handwarmer too!), if you can get around the 15+ minute heatup time (depending on how cold your garage is)

:2c:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... my garage is also my vaping haven.. It is not insulated YET! (hopefully a few years down the road)

I was using an Extreme-Q out there (no issues in winter) but I'm not one to sit in one place AT ALL so the stationary vape didn't last too long- i need portability!

For herbs i exclusively use a solo now, i bought a second to reduce down time. I've had no issues in cold weather using a solo (indoors or out). Like others have stated if you do everything possible to keep your device warm this will help performance.

... if your able to: pre-heat your unit indoors before going outside :D
also if your unit has an air intake that you can slightly cover with your hand, this will reduce the amount of cold air going through having to be heated up. (for example the ascent)

hope this helps :)

just_the_flu,
Reactions: Derrrpp

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I second that suggestion about the Solo. Every vaporist should own 2. Not so much wear and tear as in one vaporizer. The Solo is a little tank. A very well made portable that can be used plugged in as well as tether free. All glass vapor path and easy to use. It a piece of cake to clean, it's around $150.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Awesome! good to hear the lotus works for you! The only thing to note about a butane torch is that they don't work as well at higher elevations. For someone in the cold and high elevations, they may have problems finding the proper butane torch to work with a Lotus.

For what it's worth, the Nano will NOT crack. If it hasn't cracked within the first 6 months of life, it won't crack unless you throw it forcefully on the ground or drive over it with a car. The only problem you will have with the Nano is the slow heatup time, and the cold climate will require you to run the vape at least 1 or 1.5 numbers higher than normal. I'm sure it'd work perfectly (nice handwarmer too!), if you can get around the 15+ minute heatup time (depending on how cold your garage is)

:2c:

Absolutely true with the torch. The cold is rough on the torch and it won't work well at all. I kept the torch in the house.

Good to know about the nano wood. I still may keep it inside for warm ups then take it to the garage.

dirtdragon

Great Feedback! If the Mighty does not work well I may go with the Solo. Any ideas if the Air will work as well in the cold?

dirtdragon,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Great Feedback! If the Mighty does not work well I may go with the Solo. Any ideas if the Air will work as well in the cold?

The Mighty would work, though battery life may be affected.

The Solo is good, but the Air might be better for your situation since you can easily replace with a standard 18650 battery on the go, you'll never run out of juice. Both the Air and Solo work, but the easier ability to swap batteries may give the Air the advantage

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: KidFated.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
The Mighty would work, though battery life may be affected.

The Solo is good, but the Air might be better for your situation since you can easily replace with a standard 18650 battery on the go, you'll never run out of juice. Both the Air and Solo work, but the easier ability to swap batteries may give the Air the advantage
18650s would be easier to keep warm in pockets as well!

killick

But I like it!
Last winter I used an Inhalater outdoors all the time. It's a bit bigger than a sharpie marker, and on really windy and cold days I would leave it on in my pocket with a piece of silicone whip sticking up, kinda like a Camelbak. (highdea - use EQ to fill Camelbak sometime...). Inhalater got banned from FC due to some really stupid things they did, and their support is hit and miss, so despite the fact that they have a great vape design I couldn't recommend them.

If Grasshopper works as anticipated it should be a great stealth beast. Ditto for anything in the Zion line. These are instant-on single hitters, and most of them are pocket-sized, just don't store the batteries in the cold.

I started vaping in the garage. Battery vapes suck if they are stored in the cold. If you are in the garage and it's cold I'd suggest looking at one of the always on log vapes, like the Heat Island, Underdog or Nano (I've onlu used the HI, assume the others are similar?). Small and always ready for action, provided you have power handy.

virtualpurple

I live in Fairbanks Alaska which I wager gets about as cold as most people get to experience. I have no experience with the Arizer products (shame really, I feel like I'm missing out on something great).

I've not used any of my desktops (herbalizer, EVO, underdog) in the cold but I've used just about all my portables. Although the Ascent and the flowermate vapes have worked well for me, my vote goes to the Haze. It is super small and pocketed easy, and I keep the battery in my pocket so I can have it warm up quicker. I just pop in the battery when I need it.

I use the stainless steel stem outdoors. I used to use my @Ed's TnT wooden stem but it unfortunately had a nasty run in with my pup and came out on the losing end.

That being said, most of my vaping is done indoors at room temp

Top Bottom