Best Vape For Bonging and Conserving?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I use water filtered through the PUR system. I am curious about hot herbal tea - that is a great idea. Since I've gotten the bong I've pretty much used cold water even though I believe that hot water does engender vapor - that does make sense. I just like the way ice cold water feels. So much so that I'll sometimes keep the bong refrigerated before use.
Aside from that, it's FUN to watch the vapor form and travel up the tube.
One good thing about the SSV in this respect is that for clearing the tube, because the SSV (at least mine) is not hands free - you can disconnect the bowl from the heater effortlessly because you're holding onto it with one hand anyway.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

Yea, I like that too(about the ssv), the wand on my DBV would occasionally get stuck when I went to pull it for the clear.

I used to only use hot tap water, then I remembered those damn stains that come from using straight tap, so I started to heat filtered water in a kettle and let it cool to a reasonable degree. then I just started to spoon hot tea into my showerhead bubbler and it worked great. its a nice touch if you've got a cold or something, too!
I stopped using the water pieces for a bit because it became a bit cumbersome to CONSTANTLY rinse and refill at the pace that I was vaping at. I started just using cold filtered water, from a Zero water filter.
Now I dont really have a preference one way or the other. Warm, room temperature, or cold water all do the trick for me, I guess it just depends how Im feeling. Im sure cold water will feel better in the summer time.

I've got to agree, watching the vapor rise in the tube is the best part, and then clearing it and watching it disappear into your lungs :o :rolleyes:

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
All I can tell you is that since I bought the SSFG my apartment's become like Seinfeld - it is insanely popular in my 420 friendly building. My building, plus a couple who live in Jamaica.
"That bong hits like a motherfucker." "That's a nice piece, 60 bucks, really?" "Well 75 with shipping." "Is it OK if we smoke out of it?" So my building thanks you however my privacy is shot!

kramer-seinfeld-entrances.jpg

jeffp,

lwien

Nycdeisel said:
I used to only use hot tap water, then I remembered those damn stains that come from using straight tap, so I started to heat filtered water in a kettle and let it cool to a reasonable degree.

You just gave me another reason to use my PUR water filter and my electric kettle set to 175 degrees. :)

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
Nycdeisel said:
I used to only use hot tap water, then I remembered those damn stains that come from using straight tap, so I started to heat filtered water in a kettle and let it cool to a reasonable degree.

You just gave me another reason to use my PUR water filter and my electric kettle set to 175 degrees. :)

PUR is better than Brita in my experience. I don't know what an electric kettle is but forty years ago "the electric kettle" would have been a good name for a band.

jeffp,

hereatlast

When cleaning or rinsing my glass I always try to finish with hot tap water to reduce stains. Using Brita water for actual use (jeffp making me wanting to go get PUR though :lol:), often fed through a water bottle. I know some people use only distilled water for use, I think I may pick some up the next time I'm at my pharmacy. I also prefer cold or room temperature water.

IME the best way of avoiding water stains has been to empty water after every use and store dry. It always amazes me how quickly the glass gets gunked up after use.

hereatlast,

lwien

hereatlast said:
When cleaning or rinsing my glass I always try to finish with hot tap water to reduce stains. Using Brita water for actual use (jeffp making me wanting to go get PUR though :lol:)

Yup. Was a loooong time Brita user. Switched to PUR a few years ago. Will never go back.

lwien,
Top Bottom