Best type/strain for social anxiety?

Caligula

Maximus
Now that I'm thinking about it... Do we have a FAQ or stickey or something which lists what types/strains are good for "x" ailment? I searched through a few threads which were titled something similar but they fell short on info. And yes I know about the chart relating vape temp to effect. I'm looking for more strain specific information though...

Specifically, I'm looking for something which helps with social anxiety however other info for different symptoms would be greatly appreciated as well.

Also I understand everyone is different. That's a given so generalities are okay here. Even just "sativa" or "indica" would be acceptable as this would give a good starting point to experiment from.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
My son, who uses for anxiety issues first, then pain issues, prefers sativas. This is a person who used to be on prescription anti-anxiety meds.

I find an Indica-dominant hybrid to calm my own "mental noise" issues. Sativas make me mean.

For a fer-instance... I love Dutch Treat. Great pain relief, and a happy-calm mind.

lwien

This is such a personal issue, that it's really hard to recommend something for someone. While Enchantre's son likes sativas to address anxiety issues, for many others, sativas can actually cause anxiety issues.

The best advice I can give you is to experiment a bit to see how your personal body and mental chemistries react to sativas and indicas. You may find that a hybrid may be the best choice.

Caligula

Maximus
I typically don't get extra anxiety issues with MJ unless I really over medicate in an extreme environment (my last Vegas trip comes to mind) so thankfully that's not an issue usually. Really, I'm looking for something that will help me socialize a bit more instead of being so introverted.

Caligula,

lwien

I typically don't get extra anxiety issues with MJ unless I really over medicate in an extreme environment (my last Vegas trip comes to mind) so thankfully that's not an issue usually. Really, I'm looking for something that will help me socialize a bit more instead of being so introverted.

Again, it's really hard to make a recommendation. For me, I LOVE sativa's in that they do help me be a bit more extroverted, but for others, sativa's can induce paranoia, which would have the totally opposite affect.

lwien,
Reactions: Caligula

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
For anxiety, I personally look for a very physically sedating strain, but w/ very active and interesting cerebral effects as well.. but for me, it has to at least be very physically sedating.. Afghan strains typically give me exactly what I look for.. The "purp" strains are typically good to me too.

If you are curious what other people think about specific strains, you can check out Leafly.com and look up strains and their claimed effects.. You might find it interesting.

I find a beer or 2 w/ a vape session makes any strain the right strain for me :D.. I'm not trying to encourage you to start drinking to deal w/ your anxiety though.. But I personally enjoy the synergy from time to time :D.

Caligula

Maximus
Found this. Seems pretty helpful as long as you stick to the lab tested strains.

http://botanitec.com/cannabinoids.html
CBD's seem to provide the greatest symptom relief for arthritis, panic and anxiety, convulsions, muscle spasms, and inflammation without the psychoactive effects typically found in THC

obj7403geo7349pg28p12.png

So... It looks like MY ideal strain would be a sativa dominant hybrid with a high THC and CBD profile and that doesnt cause excessive drowsiness! LOL good luck finding that.

Last edited:

Denver912

I've suffered from anxiety for what seems like forever. But my strain favs are usually ones that me feel "normal" while stoned and provide relief from life.

I'd say for a day where I'm feeling sorta normal ill smoke Larry OG as it's def a day smoke and a very chill high. I could literally smoke it all day and it doesn't trigger any anxiety. My girl feels the same way and she loves Larry.

But on a day with a feeling offish feel or anxiety ridden I'll reach for something with more feel to the high. Blue cheese, Wonder Woman, and chessequake seem to be the strains I've smoked that I remember thinking man this helps. I sorta feel CBN plays a part with the calming effects in tune with the other cannbinoids present.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
For me sativa out and about (c99 is my current sativa ... she's on her 3rd generation now I love this strain!) Keeps me from going crazy in social situations without knocking me out and indica to really calm me down at the end of the night (a.k. x yumbolt ... delicious). Nothing makes me extroverted but these strains keep me from going nuts and have helped me cut out benzos

Edit: leafly has good strain reviews

Last edited:
MileHighLife,
Reactions: Buildozer

Denver912

For me sativa out and about (c99 is my current sativa ... she's on her 3rd generation now I love this strain!) Keeps me from going crazy in social situations without knocking me out and indica to really calm me down at the end of the night (a.k. x yumbolt ... delicious). Nothing makes me extroverted but these strains keep me from going nuts and have helped me cut out benzos

Edit: leafly has good strain reviews

I love leafly. And yay for cutting back on benzos. That benzo withdrawal is the worst.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Luckily I haven't had to take them too regularly. Mainly just for big meetings and conference calls and its been a few months now :tup:

MileHighLife,
Reactions: Denver912
Top Bottom