Best small-batch ABV recipes?

rutibegga

Hi all!

I'm new to cooking with ABV--new to ABV, even, as a longtime smoker who's a recent convert. I've got myself a few grams of ABV hanging around and I'm itching to try cooking with it. I don't have a scale, but eyeballing it, I'd say I've got about 2.5 grams kickin' around. I COULD wait until I've got more and try making candies (and some day, I WILL make candies!), but I really want to give it a go now and see what all the buzz is about. Any suggestions for small-scale kitchen projects?

rutibegga,

caseball2051

you can do swamp water / green dragon which is an alocohol extraction

or you can do firecrackers.

caseball2051,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'd say firecrackers or maybe avb coffee with only 2.5 grams. I'm sitting on about 60 grams right now and also debating what to do with it... :rolleyes:

Stu,

CutePanda

Firecrackers are great if you have 10g of ABV or less. I made 2 the other night, but I didn't have my scale so I don't know how much I used. 320 for 22 mins is what I baked them at. I thoroughly vape so that my herb turns a dark brown most of the time. If you have close to an oz of ABV, make butter or brownies. Brownies are easy to make.

CutePanda,

rutibegga

Hmmm... I think I'll check out the Swamp Water... or make coffee. I really want to do candies, but it would take me forever to save that much ABV.

rutibegga,

vacuole

I recently made swamp water (brown tincture) for the first time and really like how easy it is to make, as long as you start with a high-proof ethanol like Everclear. So easy in fact that small batches can be made any time you have ABV. No cooking needed, which is a big advantage over cannabutter, and you don't have to eat the ABV, which is a huge advantage over firecrackers. :ko:

vacuole,

lwien

^^ If you use Cinnamon Graham Crackers and organic Peanut Butter, both from Trader Joe's, you can't taste any abv at all. No doubt that there are other combo's that work just as well.

lwien,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
lwien said:
^^ If you use Cinnamon Graham Crackers and organic Peanut Butter, both from Trader Joe's, you can't taste any abv at all. No doubt that there are other combo's that work just as well.

Yup, I mad some firecrackers one night, and only had garden vegetable ritz, or something along those lines...I had already mixed the pb(organic, not sure on brand) avb, and cinnamon...I didn't think the combo would be great, and almost just ate the pb mixture, but they came out surprisingly well. No avb taste, not even an after taste.

Purpl3_Haz3,

vacuole

But what of the dreaded ABV burps afterward? They never fail to elicit a ghastly shiver and harsh my buzz. :(

vacuole,
Top Bottom