Best scoop for ground herb?

AndyO

I also have a comical amount of scoops. I don't even really buy them, they just get thrown in with stuff.

I have a proper set that I got a good 5-6 years ago from DDave. Never use them, they spoons are too deep to be useful with a vape.

I have one of the SQPs:

The_SQP_Dry_Herb_Scoop_Tool_wickandwireco.com.au_melbourne_vape_shop_victoria_australia_5000x.webp

It's useful with a big ball wide ball vape bowl, and you can get a pretty consistent amount without having to weigh it. It's not much good for anything else. No magnet bugs me, it's such an easy inclusion.

I also have the Mini SQP

The_Mini_SQP_Dry_Herb_Scoop_Tool_wickandwireco.com.au_melbourne_vape_shop_victoria_australia_5000x.webp

Again, no magnet. But it's more than "bugs me" in this case, cos it's tiny - you really want to be able to put this on your magnet stand or Reload or something. It's the only scoop I've found that's suitable for an Anvil/Dani, but I don't know that it's easier than using natures scoop (ie. your fingers.)

And then, I have this:

Magnetic_Titanium_Scoop_For_Dry_Herb_Vaporizers_wickandwireco.com.au_melbourne_vape_shop_victoria_australia_5000x.jpg

This is obviously really similar to the vapefiend one, and it's probably my favourite/the one I use most. These things fit the S&B bowls perfectly, and as I've gone away from dosing caps over the last couple of months this scoop has become one of the first things I grab when I'm leaving the house. It also has a magnet!

sedentree

I also have a comical amount of scoops. I don't even really buy them, they just get thrown in with stuff.

I have a proper set that I got a good 5-6 years ago from DDave. Never use them, they spoons are too deep to be useful with a vape.

I have one of the SQPs:

The_SQP_Dry_Herb_Scoop_Tool_wickandwireco.com.au_melbourne_vape_shop_victoria_australia_5000x.webp

It's useful with a big ball wide ball vape bowl, and you can get a pretty consistent amount without having to weigh it. It's not much good for anything else. No magnet bugs me, it's such an easy inclusion.

I also have the Mini SQP

The_Mini_SQP_Dry_Herb_Scoop_Tool_wickandwireco.com.au_melbourne_vape_shop_victoria_australia_5000x.webp

Again, no magnet. But it's more than "bugs me" in this case, cos it's tiny - you really want to be able to put this on your magnet stand or Reload or something. It's the only scoop I've found that's suitable for an Anvil/Dani, but I don't know that it's easier than using natures scoop (ie. your fingers.)

And then, I have this:

Magnetic_Titanium_Scoop_For_Dry_Herb_Vaporizers_wickandwireco.com.au_melbourne_vape_shop_victoria_australia_5000x.jpg

This is obviously really similar to the vapefiend one, and it's probably my favourite/the one I use most. These things fit the S&B bowls perfectly, and as I've gone away from dosing caps over the last couple of months this scoop has become one of the first things I grab when I'm leaving the house. It also has a magnet!

Personally I like that the mini SQP is not magnetic so it doesn’t get attracted to the center post of my grinder, but that’s me.

I have also found you can lie the mini SQP horizontally in the groove of the Reload 2 very nicely, and if you have it set up like that you can see the smiley face most of the time ✌️

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I like the scoop on one side and tamp on the other design. Right now the RWW mini plastic one works fine. I do like the look of the SS design, but since I want to keep it in the same pouch I worry the metal will scratch the wood on my FW9.

They seem to be mass produced and re-branded. If I bought one it would be this Amazon version for $20

***edit- Oh, what the fuck. I bought one for shits and giggles

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
Some time ago he made an announcement about the price of the steel 3D printing going up so there's a limited time to get them at the old price point, I wonder how many stock VPM would have left, probably a good deal
One left of the scoop n tamp tool after I picked one up 😏 and two scoop n poke tools. And for anyone based outside of the US they will do a cheaper shipping rate if you contact them. The only shipping through the website to the UK is $40 which obviously makes it less of a deal, but after emailing them they've done shipping for $10.

maremaresing

Here's the current lineup

Dank Stop glass scoop only purchased to get free shipping ($12?), vintage buffalo horn caviar spoon, cheapo Temu ss spoon, pink quartz spoon purchased today ($2), vintage Erik Steiff pewter spoon ($10 w/glass lined pewter bowl):

:tup::peace:

I'd do a lead test on that pewter. Modern pewter has a different makeup, but that might contain it since it's "vintage".

I'm real happy for the results in this thread. I've been using a DIY scooper made from an old gift card, cut to size and folded lengthwise. Then lately it hit me how utterly moronic that is, given concerns about microplastics and such. :uhoh:

I've switched to using the Delta3D nylon scoop and scraper tool, which is very nice but sometimes hard to load without spilling. But that also is made of plastic so I've been on the hunt for something metal.

Artisan metal scoops are hilariously overpriced, but I'll definitely be buying the mass produced versions on Amazon with some of these nice links provided and upgrade the safety of my process.

simba

@weedanwine
One left of the scoop n tamp tool after I picked one up 😏 and two scoop n poke tools. And for anyone based outside of the US they will do a cheaper shipping rate if you contact them. The only shipping through the website to the UK is $40 which obviously makes it less of a deal, but after emailing them they've done shipping for $10.
It took 3 days to arrive with the economy shipping 😲
I was shocked when it arrived today

Top Bottom