best pot/crockpot to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'd go to the local Goodwill and see what's available. I'm cheap. I'm loose, too. Odor is a function of what you are cooking at how high a heat.

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
any good recommendations? low odor + reliability if possible

I would skip the crock pot and instead use a water heater/circulator to heat your product quite a bit more precisely. This web site explains how pretty well.

Oh and FYI: although I fully intend to try it, I haven't yet so I have no personal experience with this (or really any) method.

Heh and one more thing: Yes the initial investment is quite a bit more expensive than a crock pot - but you end up with a sous vide cooker, which will instantly and dramatically increase your ability in the kitchen while simultaneously making cooking ridiculously simple. And FWIW, I do have a ton of experience here. I adore my Classic Nomiku and can hardly wait for my WiFi Nomiku to arrive!!

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot: NO odor and completely reliable. :)

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
It's called a Pot Crock in this forum ;) Make sure it has a 'low' and 'high' setting on it. Ours has an 'autoswitch' that goes back and forth between the two, which I sometimes use depending on what mood I'm in.

Good luck, and don't overthink it. They'll all work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom